Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

I personally don't get why everyone views Riddler as a redhead. He's never been one in the comics. The only times he's ever been redheaded is in Batman Forever (and only when in costume, at that) and the Animated Series, to my knowledge.

I personally don't get why everyone views Riddler as a redhead. He's never been one in the comics. The only times he's ever been redheaded is in Batman Forever (and only when in costume, at that) and the Animated Series, to my knowledge.
BM_29_33232_5321dd9c1fba23.16366726.jpg

Riddler’s hair has been red and black. It just depends on the artist. It may have started because of Frank Gorshin’s strawberry blonde hair.

From a visual standpoint this version of the RIDDLER has always been my favorite.

BM317.jpg

Had a dream last night that Dano’s Riddler look was revealed to be Joker face + Riddler wardrobe, and now I’m a little sad we won’t be getting the epic meltdowns that would cause.

Had a dream last night that Dano’s Riddler look was revealed to be Joker face + Riddler wardrobe, and now I’m a little sad we won’t be getting the epic meltdowns that would cause.

You joke... sometimes a man is just tired.

I think a lot of you guys will be disappointed, because I don't see with Matt Reeve's vision a man who wears a spandex suit or a fashion vest with the design of his logo.

If the man is a man of mystery, would be great if he could just appear everywhere without anyone noticing. More like a reclusive guy, a loner with not much friends but with the IQ of a genius and a hate for the corrupt system of Gotham.

The more accurate in terms of look we will get is him wearing a hat, a green suit or leaving a interrogation as a trademark.

He certainly will not wear a mask.

Last edited:
I think a lot of you guys will be disappointed, because I don't see with Matt Reeve's vision a man who wears a spandex suit or a fashion vest with the design of his logo.

If the man is a man of mystery, would be great if he could just appear everywhere without anyone noticing. More like a reclusive guy, a loner with not much friends but with the IQ of a genius and a hate for the corrupt system of Gotham.

The more accurate in terms of look we will get is him wearing a hat, a green suit or leaving a interrogation as a trademark.

I can see an egomaniac like him wearing a ridiculous suit while comitting crimes via his hideout.

The Zodiac killer literally wore a creepy mask while comitting his crimes. I can see a narcissistic mastermind that's battling Batman wearing something outlandish even if you're going the realistic route

Im really pumped to see what Dano does with the riddler. I feel like he's gonna be the one kept under wraps the most.

Part of me hopes they don't try to make Riddler a mythologized serial killer Hannibal Lecter/John Doe type and instead really emphasize what an obnoxious, unpleasant, narcissistic prick he is. Sort of like Zero Year. Still scary and competent but on a personal level sort of just a pathetic jerk.

So like the Arkham Origins version. "Enigma."

I can see an egomaniac like him wearing a ridiculous suit while comitting crimes via his hideout.

The Zodiac killer literally wore a creepy mask while comitting his crimes. I can see a narcissistic mastermind that's battling Batman wearing something outlandish even if you're going the realistic route

you may be right, but is he a killer in this movie or just a manipulative freak?

Part of me hopes they don't try to make Riddler a mythologized serial killer Hannibal Lecter/John Doe type and instead really emphasize what an obnoxious, unpleasant, narcissistic prick he is. Sort of like Zero Year. Still scary and competent but on a personal level sort of just a pathetic jerk.
To me that's the whole appeal of the character

Omg, with Fincher's Zodiac apparently being an influence in the story you just know that Matt Reeves is having the Riddler be the kind of Zodiac killer of the story with Batman coming for him...
220px-Zodiac-Killer.jpg

Los+Angeles+Premiere+IFC+Films+Wildlife+Red+l0RFW9YLTKix.jpg

so_good.png

That’s a no for me. Hannibal Lecter and John Doe are very similar to the Riddler as far as riddles are concerned. The Riddler can also be as narcissistic as Ted Bundy and be as cryptic as The Zodiac killer. That just simply is how you would do a serious version of him. He’s a psychopath.

Your hero is only ever as good as your villain, so if The Riddler is seen as pathetic, it just won’t bring as much of a challenge to Batman as it could. Stick to Riddler’s MO. Mind games, death traps, torture and a complete disregard for human life. He has been this way since his first appearance in Detective Comics 140 and he should be this way in the film.

Also, no “who is Batman” storyline. I’m sick of that. There’s hundreds of other motives he could have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"