The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Paul Giamatti IS Rhino - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so.
Ya me too, I was just wondering if word got around to confirm this because obviously a lot of fans would be insanely disappointed if this was the final product.

Ya me too, I was just wondering if word got around to confirm this because obviously a lot of fans would be insanely disappointed if this was the final product.

You mean him as a thug is the final product??

You guys do know Rhino is a Russian mobster before becoming Rhino right...

I'm kind of thinking that mobster Rhino is all we'll see. Rhino is kind of ridiculous character and I'd almost prefer we don't see if, and Webb just references the character's future just in an effort to build the world. If we DO get an actual Rhino adaptation that is good, I'll be more than happy, however.

Maybe the Rhino will play more of a Kingpin type role...? Instead of being a huge rhinoerous, He's just a big name crime boss going against Oscorp, taking the place of Tombstone or Kingpin.

Maybe the Rhino will play more of a Kingpin type role...? Instead of being a huge rhinoerous, He's just a big name crime boss going against Oscorp, taking the place of Tombstone or Kingpin.

I could see that. I wouldn't like it, but I could see that.

You guys do know Rhino is a Russian mobster before becoming Rhino right...

With a name like Aleksei Sytsevich... yeah, that's pretty f***in' Russian. LOL :oldrazz:

But these new photos DO make me extremely excited for this character. I honestly didn't think they would make him a Russian mobster like in the books, but Webb has sold me yet again. I hope they play him off to be not so dim witted, but perhaps slightly sympathetic. If I recall, he pretty much became a mobster to pay for his family's expenses to migrate to the U.S., correct? Something along those lines.

But no, I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. It's such a delightful turn of events. :woot: :hrt:

You think he'll have an American or Russian accent? If I remember correctlt, I don't think I've ever heard Rhino have a Russian accent in any of the cartoon adaptations.

Well, Giamatti doesn't have a Russian accent and it would be terrible if they tried to get him to pretend to have one so he probably won't.

You think he'll have an American or Russian accent? If I remember correctlt, I don't think I've ever heard Rhino have a Russian accent in any of the cartoon adaptations.

I have no idea, truth be told. With this fresh new start and aiming for a Russian mobster, I think it's a brand new world to open. That being said, I... peronsally, would like to hear a Russian accent from Paul or something mildy European.

If it's done properly, Russian accent is the way to go.

Well, Giamatti doesn't have a Russian accent and it would be terrible if they tried to get him to pretend to have one so he probably won't.
Sarcasm? Actors fake accents all the time. If no actors spoke with an accent for movie roles that they didn't naturally have, that would be a terrible, terrible thing (and all vocal coaches would be out of jobs). Paul G is a fantastic character actor - ability to do convincing accents is part of that.

Sarcasm? Actors fake accents all the time. If no actors spoke with an accent for movie roles that they didn't naturally have, that would be a terrible, terrible thing (and all vocal coaches would be out of jobs). Paul G is a fantastic character actor - ability to do convincing accents is part of that.

The lead in this movie for a start is using a fake accent!!! I think Garfield's American accent is fairly convincing.

Love Giamatti. But I love him in funny roles, such as Big, Fat, Liar and The Hangover 2.

Giamatti as the Rhino? Are you kidding me? Who thought this was a good idea?

Pretty much expecting this to be about the worst casting in the history of a Marvel movie!!!!!

Rhino is supposed to be this huge brute, not some short, pudgy guy.

Epic fail!

Ultimate Rhino has a brutish mech suit. So Rhino would be a huge brute. A cross-species Rhino would be a brute. So Rhino would be a hudge brute.

Love Giamatti. But I love him in funny roles, such as Big, Fat, Liar and The Hangover 2.

Giamatti as the Rhino? Are you kidding me? Who thought this was a good idea?

Pretty much expecting this to be about the worst casting in the history of a Marvel movie!!!!!

Rhino is supposed to be this huge brute, not some short, pudgy guy.

Epic fail!

I'm just going to ignore this comment because to a normal person, no one uses the words "funny" and "The Hangover 2" in the same sentence.

I'm just going to ignore this comment because to a normal person, no one uses the words "funny" and "The Hangover 2" in the same sentence.

You kind of got me there! Hoping the 3rd will be better, but not holding out...

How about instead:

Rock of Ages
Frd Claus
Planet of the Apes
Big Momma's House
Man on the Moon
The Negotiator
Private Parts
Donnie Brasco ("Forgetaboutit")

I'm kinda not thrilled with Rhino in this film. Should just be one villian....this is not Spider-Man two with Harry (sorta a villain) and Doc Ock. Guess I'll have to wait for the first trailer.

I'm kinda not thrilled with Rhino in this film. Should just be one villian....this is not Spider-Man two with Harry (sorta a villain) and Doc Ock. Guess I'll have to wait for the first trailer.
I doubt that he'll be a major part of the movie.
I can't imagine rhino being able to carry a whole movie on his own,So it makes sense that he's thrown in as something extra.
And I think It'll be cool to see him on screen.

considering Rhino couldn't carry his own movie.......

look, some villains you can stack up, other's you cant. it's all about story

So what's the verdict on what people want for Rhino's "powers" in this film? Can we have a real quick pseudo poll?

Do people want the Rhino to be:
1. cross-species genetics Rhinoceros powers? (like ASM video game)
2. R.H.I.N.O. giant robotic mech power-suit? (more like USM)
3. physical enhancements + durable suit (more like 616)

So what's the verdict on what people want for Rhino's "powers" in this film? Can we have a real quick pseudo poll?

2, please!

Combination of 2 and 3. Physical (cross-species) enhancements with a mech suit on top rather than just a "durable" suit.

On Justin "The Amazing Spider-Fan" fan page, there is a picture of Justin giving his card to one of the crew members. In the caption, his parents wrote "So and so protecting the Rhino mask."

You can't see anything because the crew member has a towel draped over his hands. Thought it was interesting. Don't know if anyone else reported that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"