The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Paul Giamatti IS Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this means the video game ISN'T in continuity...but anyone worried they're piling too many villains in this?

I'm assuming Elector and Rhino might be kind of villains for hire? They gotta make a ton of villains work somehow.

Paul G has huge amounts of talent. I've been a fan ever since he played Pig Vomit in Private Parts. My prediction - he'll ace this & in the end the naysayers will beg forgiveness for doubting.

Also yay Rhino!

If this isn't a "cameo", then he might be Ultimate Rhino. Giamatti does look A LOT like the guy inside the Rhino suit in the USM video game...

So true. I can see Paul Giamatti as "robot Rhino". [YT]bKPqdg3lf5E
[/YT]

Holy unexpected news and casting, Batman! Giamatti is a great actor.

Rhino would make a great muscle villain. Way to go to Webb for sticking to villains Raimi didn't use.

Theres only 2 Villians confirmed so far Electro and now maybe Rhyno unless I missed something. I think they will save the Green Goblin as like a backround villian and have him fight Spider-man in the 3rd movie.

I guess is the villain who that comapny(forgot the name)was making a costume for????

Based on the Conan interview, sounds like this was a childhood dream for him and the money won't hurt.

The rhino yes please played by Paul Giamatti this movie just got way more interesting

I doubt Goblin is used. Unless it's just a shot the last scene of the movie. I really wanted electro to be the only villain so we could see an epic struggle between good and evil and really see the psychological battle.

I doubt Goblin is used. Unless it's just a shot the last scene of the movie. I really wanted electro to be the only villain so we could see an epic struggle between good and evil and really see the psychological battle.

Electro's never really been a very psychological villain.

I mean, I assume Rhino will be the result of some sort of experiment (he kind of has to be considering the way the first movie laid the groundwork), so I'm sure he'll end up looking like the Rhino.

I think it works. Paul G reminds me a little of a pre-Rhino-Rhino. Like the dude who would become Rhino. He can play blue collar and kind of dim witted very well. I think it's a sharp cast if they make full use of the character.

Felicity Jones was pretty hot in Daniel Craig film Flashbacks Of A Fool
[YT]BfR8mDjlx_M[/YT]

Epic casting is epic.

That would make zero sense to cast a big name actor for a two minute role.
It wouldn't. Paul has expressed his love for Rhino. I could see them writing it in there just for him. Also, big name actors having cameos are not unheard of.

Here's hoping they do a Spectacular Spider-Man and have Rhino be a product of Oscorp. When Spidey takes him down, he asks Rhino where the hell he came from. I feel it'd be kind of a logical route for the Spider-Man and Max Dillion relationship to form.

Also, maybe Rhino was added as a means to up the action a bit? Think of all the destruction that character causes. Imagining Spidey jumping around New York cabs being thrown around...awesome.

Wow, this is crazy. And I likes it.

I dunno.

Are they going to use SFX to make Giamatti look like a huge guy like they made Chris Evans look scrawny in Captain America? They would probably have to change his voice too.

I don't see the point of this casting outside of Giamatti being a fan.

I hope it's just the opening battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back