The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Paul Giamatti IS Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess Paul Giamatti is Rhino...

That'll make for a funny action figure.

I think Webb is intelligent enough to not waste a good actor with a quick role in the movie.

I prefer they waste good actor by giving a little screen time than have too many villains crowd and ruin the entire movie.

Whatever happened to less is more? All this waste talk. If he's in an amazing 15 minute segment, who cares?

More than 1 villain =/= overkill. It's how they all connect/are developed. There could be three and all work.

Of course people will complain but seeing two top notch actors in the villain roles in this film is enough to get me excited.

I would have preferred him for Doc Ock , but if its Rhino, okay I guess. I actually don't have a problem with mutiple villians. The Nolan trilogy showed you can have multiple villians in a single film and it can work as long as you dont try to give every single villian an origin or backstory.

That's where the Burton/Schumacer Batman films along with Spiderman 3 went wrong. Not every comic book character deserves or needs a drawn out biography. They're there, they have powers, they're bad. That's all we need to know imo.

Here's hoping they do a Spectacular Spider-Man and have Rhino be a product of Oscorp. When Spidey takes him down, he asks Rhino where the hell he came from. I feel it'd be kind of a logical route for the Spider-Man and Max Dillion relationship to form.

Also, maybe Rhino was added as a means to up the action a bit? Think of all the destruction that character causes. Imagining Spidey jumping around New York cabs being thrown around...awesome.

YES. That's one of the reasons I'm so excited to see Rhino rampaging through the New York streets, tossing cars out of his way and smashing through walls(maybe even people!).

So is this going to be a stout Rhino. Not quite so tall but still bulky.

He'll be in a suit which will give him the appearance of being taller. Outside the suit he'd be short.

Matter of fact, isn't Ultimate Rhino actually a really small guy inside of the suit?

Seriously imagining the action sequences with Rhino will be so destructful and badass, he usually tends to make quite a mess when battling Spidey.

Alright, if they cast Paul Giamatti, he so has to be Ultimate Rhino. I can't see it work any other way.

Yes. He is.

See, now this works perfectly. I was a little confused at Giamatti getting the part, but he really is a talented actor and truly wants to do Rhino justice. I have no doubt that he'll play the hell out of Rhino.

I picture a scene like the one in Cap where the thing opens, and buff Steven Rogers is revealed. This, of course, would be backwards. Spidey opens the suit, and out falls Giamatti, all short and pissed(maybe even unconscious).

That's where the Burton/Schumacer Batman films along with Spiderman 3 went wrong. Not every comic book character deserves or needs a drawn out biography. They're there, they have powers, they're bad. That's all we need to know imo.

This worked in the Nolan Batman films because the characters were human and their eccentrcities/abilities could be explained in a line or two (eg. "I know about the experiments on your patients at your nuthouse" for scarecrow, etc...)

It's more difficult to do this with extranormal powered characters in a fantasy film that's still trying to remain within the realm of believability or "realism". We can assume that since the director is the same, the tone will be consistent with the first film.

Just throwing out superpowered characters with little to no introduction/explanation will seem tacky and cartoonish.

For me, Paul Giamatti in the movie is an excellent choice, but I see some problems with the script behind this.

I've always thought Rhino would make a wildly entertaining villain for the big screen. However, I envisioned him like a hulk-like villain done with motion capture. I'm not really too fond of the man in a suit, its not intimidating at all and this could be a perfect opportunity to reinvent the character in a sort of way.

Anyways, I hope he is not just some throw away character just for some action in the beginning. He can easily be incorporated into the Oscorp subplot which will make the film's plot richer and there won't be audiences thinking "wtf...where did this random dude with superpowers in a rhino suit come from?"

I don't understand the expectations that everyone seems to have of an "opening battle". This kind of stuff works in a comic book world where extremely cartoonish things happen on a consistent basis- but having a super powered being running around in the first minutes (with little to no explanation) in this world that Webb is creating which is a realistic but heightened just doesn't cut it.

I'm sure that the movie will start with Spidey chasing/fighting Rhino and that's sth new, I think there isn't any other CBM to start like that.

[YT]bKPqdg3lf5E[/YT] 8:54

Probably Ultimate Rhino? kinda looks like Paul Giamatti

MV5BOTc0MDAzMTU4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzA0NzcwNA@@._V1._SY314_CR14,0,214,314_.jpg

Yeah I'm shocked too. But Iam happy. because we have casting news. Jones is either black cat or betty brant if she is betty brant then jj is next. and I want to hear who is casr for Norman osborn.

My confidence has grown now.

This one strikes me as odd. I never would have thought Rhino would see the big screen before a lot of the more big name Spider-man villains. With Giamatti being cast, then like others say, it's likely Ultimate Rhino which is a small guy in a mechanical suit. In which case I really hope it doesn't end up being too similar to the Scorpion making it redundant to introduce him in future movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"