The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Paul Giamatti IS Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have potentially 3 of the Sinister Six, 4 with the inevitable Green Goblin.

Kraven and Mysterio for TASM3 and then wrap it all up with a 4+5.

PLEASE!

But yeah let's see some more of Spidey's real feats of strength. Rhino to showcase that and Electro for his agility and reflexes.

I'm looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
So we have potentially 3 of the Sinister Six, 4 with the inevitable Green Goblin.

Kraven and Mysterio for TASM3 and then wrap it all up with a 4+5.

Green Goblin should have the third to himself, imo.

I don't understand the expectations that everyone seems to have of an "opening battle". This kind of stuff works in a comic book world where extremely cartoonish things happen on a consistent basis- but having a super powered being running around in the first minutes (with little to no explanation) in this world that Webb is creating which is a realistic but heightened just doesn't cut it.

Opening action scene work well in the Bond movies.

Why not Spidey?

Even the Nolan films had explanations and introductions of sorts. I was referring to the literal backstories of the Burton/Schumacer films and Spiderman 3. I dont think the difference between Nolan and others wasnt the fact that their characters were human . It was a question of good storytelling because the humanity od Falcone, Scarecrow, Ras, Corrupt Cops, and Mr Zsaz , all in one film, didn't mean that BB would be any good .

Its not a question of who has powers and who doesn't . Its a question of good writing and storytelling. If ASM 2 has that then you dont need to have drawn out backstories in order to make the characters work.

Color me interested.

This could be cool.

Never thought I'd see Bane done on film (twice), and definitely not in a Nolan film....and that went GREAT.

Always wanted to see Electro in a Spider-man flick, thought it was unlikely...and now we're getting it.

NEVER thought I'd see Rhino in a Spidey film, and...wow. Getting it. With an Oscar Nominated Actor? Yes please. I'll anxiously wait to see how this turns out.

-R

Opening action scene work well in the Bond movies.

Why not Spidey?

Why not Spidey? because we understand that the characters in Bond are humans with normal human abilities. Have an action sequence with Peter or Spidey stopping crooks or whatever. Fine. But when you start out with superpowered villains running around with no explanation, well, then you might as well be watching a cartoon. We should expect more than that and Webb has done an OK job with that so far. Raise the bar. Don't lower it.

Not to mention Spidey's villains have a much bigger history with the comics.

So, to put it in perspective, the guy people wanted as the Penguin is playing the Rhino. I liked TASM, but I hope they don't try too hard to be different from Raimi's trilogy.

So Norman is gonna create two villains like how he did on The Spectacular Spider-Man where he created Rhino and Sandman.So he will create one villain and after that villain fails,he will create another one.

Even the Nolan films had explanations and introductions of sorts. I was referring to the literal backstories of the Burton/Schumacer films and Spiderman 3. I dont think the difference between Nolan and others wasnt the fact that their characters were human . It was a question of good storytelling because the humanity od Falcone, Scarecrow, Ras, Corrupt Cops, and Mr Zsaz , all in one film, didn't mean that BB would be any good .

Its not a question of who has powers and who doesn't . Its a question of good writing and storytelling. If ASM 2 has that then you dont need to have drawn out backstories in order to make the characters work.

But you kinda do need backstory/explanation if you want to use a character with "powers" that we (the audience) need to suspend our disbelief with (This was done with Spidey and the Lizard).

Sure, the Nolan films were exceptionally well told and economical with the characters, but they were human and needed VERY little explanation for why they were the way they were to function within the story. in this case it's a matter of absurdity versus realism. Given the previous films striving for a bit of "realism", we cannot accept in the opening minutes a man in a giant robotic rhino suit smashing cars and such. Like I said, you might as well be watching a cartoon at that point.

Totally unexpected news. Very interesting.

I love how we're getting villains Raimi didn't use.

Ugh, somewhere else online someone is saying to get WWE wrestler Kane to play Rhino. There's always at least one idiot that always picks wrestlers for every role that requires someone to be a bit large.

raimi was strict with what villians he wanted so its nice to see webb being more open

i like Giamatti but i just can not see him as Rhino. then again, i can not see Foxx as Electro. nevertheless, it's gonna be interesting though this is shaping up to be Spiderman 3 all over again it seems.

It begins...

x114ao.jpg

Not mine, found it somewhere else.

i like Giamatti but i just can not see him as Rhino. then again, i can not see Foxx as Electro. nevertheless, it's gonna be interesting though this is shaping up to be]
Spiderman 3 all over again it seems.

20673657_omg_reaction_gif.gif

Exciting news. I like Paul Giamatti. I'm glad theres more than one primary villain. I don't want him to be a cross-species monster. But definitely exciting news.

again, i bet Ultimate rhino

images

images

I'm all for that. Robotics would be a great way to go. Maybe an Osborn henchman. Since Electro is already playing the revenge route.

My guess is,Norman uses tech for the Rhino like Iron Monger,then when spidey defeats him,we see Norman use genetics.

thinkin about it now rhino is more of a villian spiderman can fight hands on like the lizard while electro isn't really a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"