Peaky Blinders - 1920's BBC Gangster Series Starring Cillian Murphy

They probably feel the Shelbys are disposable.

Tommy could blackmail the conservatives and Russian monarchists. Neither of them want the general public or current government to know they are secretly funding the white army.

Another Alfie/Arthur scene to look forward to

tumblr_o7cjxkH6Tv1qde7iyo2_r1_1280.jpg

Arthur's by far my favorite character. What a bloke he is.

That Russian chick kinda looks like Anne Hathaway.

Image from Episode 3.6. Alfie didn't have the scarring last season, did he?

tumblr_o7pnevlrE11qde7iyo2_1280.jpg

That was a pretty weird episode. It felt fillerish until the last 20 minutes or so.

So it's pretty obvious that [BLACKOUT]Mary is an agent working for the Crown. But here's a thought: what if Linda is too? It would be smart to turn a member of the family who can't just be fired, and I assume something has to happen to her because she can't just take Arthut away.[/BLACKOUT]

Tatiana is legit nuts. I think she'll be dead by the end of the season. She likes to play with fire too much.

Tom hardy was hilarious this episode.

Last edited:
I take back all my criticism of the Russian plot. The Russians are obviously next level bat**** and are absolutely crazy enough to kill Tommy no matter how bad of an idea it is.

Alfie was indeed hilarious. When he was carrying on about the glasses that help him see the future he sounded as though he were an old man suffering from dementia.

Mr. Oliver is an agent working for the government, I'm sure of it, and Polly will regret telling him her secret.

I don't know how Michael and Charlotte's baby fit into the larger plot.

Arthur getting drunk and banging the maid ought to have consequences.

The finale has a lot of ground to cover.

I take back all my criticism of the Russian plot. The Russians are obviously next level bat**** and are absolutely crazy enough to kill Tommy no matter how bad of an idea it is.

Alfie was indeed hilarious. When he was carrying on about the glasses that help him see the future he sounded as though he were an old man suffering from dementia.

Always fun to spice up a gangster saga with some crazy Russians.

And based on all we've ever seen of him, Alfie's probably not the most mentally stable individual.

I don't know why, but the theme song for this show just annoys me. It's like it doesn't fit the tone of the show; when you binge watch it and hear it before every ep, it becomes very annoying.

SHALOM !!! Arthur, Shalom!

Good finale.

Tommy you snaky son of a gun.

I did not see that ending coming. I wonder what it's going to mean for Tommy next season. Certainly his family will no longer trust him. That's not even getting into the resentment John and Arthur will feel toward him for [BLACKOUT]making them blow up that train.[/BLACKOUT]

Only part I didn't get was the ending with Taitiana. [BLACKOUT]He said he paid her for the tunnel. When was it established she knew about that?[/BLACKOUT]

Joe Cole who plays John Shelby and Finn Cole who plays Michael Gray are real brothers.

I did not see that ending coming. I wonder what it's going to mean for Tommy next season. Certainly his family will no longer trust him. That's not even getting into the resentment John and Arthur will feel toward him for [BLACKOUT]making them blow up that train.[/BLACKOUT]

Only part I didn't get was the ending with Taitiana. [BLACKOUT]He said he paid her for the tunnel. When was it established she knew about that?[/BLACKOUT]

I could be off, but in the confrontation with Alfie Solomons, Tommy says "it was you who told them about the tunnel", does that explain it?

Could be, though the "them" was probably the police.

Rapper Jidenna cites Peaky Blinders as an inspiration to him which isn't a surprise given how he dresses

EXCLUSIVE: As filming gets underway on the 4th season of Peaky Blinders, Oscar winner Adrien Brody has suited up to join the Steven Knight-created period gangster drama. The epic BBC Two saga of the Shelby clan, from Caryn Mandabach Productions and Tiger Aspect Drama, started shooting this week in Liverpool.

Cillian Murphy returns as head of the family, Thomas Shelby, with Tom Hardy also back as Alfie Solomons. Core cast members Helen McCrory, Paul Anderson, Joe Cole, Sophie Rundle, Finn Cole, Aimee-Ffion Edwards and Kate Phillips are back too, as well as series regulars, Natasha O’Keefe and Packy Lee.
Season 4 will kick off when Tommy receives a mysterious letter on Christmas Eve and realizes the Peaky Blinders are in danger of annihilation. As the enemy closes in, he flees his country house and returns to the streets of Small Heath, Birmingham where a desperate fight for survival begins.

Last season built on the Shelby family having ascended into high-society from its humble beginnings in Small Heath, and the personal issues that presented — along with being pulled into an international arms deal, encountering a group of White Russians with cursed jewels, political upheaval and a truly evil priest. The storyline didn’t end well for members of the family, as Tommy appeared to betray them all in the season finale at what Knight has told me was the character’s “most nihilistic.”

Knight recently told my colleague Dominic Patten that he thinks Season 4 “is the best yet. And I’m loving it and it’s not like work, it’s not like a labor, I love doing it, and the boys are coming back and they’re loving the scripts.”

Of Brody’s casting, BBC Drama Controller Piers Wenger said he is “a world class actor famous for producing mesmerizing performances. I cannot wait to see him in action alongside the rest of Peaky Blinders‘ superb cast bringing Steven Knight’s extraordinary writing to life on BBC Two.”

The Pianist Oscar winner is next up in the Paul Solet-directed Unchained with John Malkovich and Antonio Banderas. He’s repped by Paradigm.

Knight is coming off of the successful first season of the 1814-set FX/BBC drama Taboo, which also stars Hardy and which was recently renewed for a second run. For their part, Hardy and Murphy next reteam on screen in Christopher Nolan’s WWII epic Dunkirk which releases this summer.

Peaky is a Caryn Mandabach and Tiger Aspect Drama production for BBC Two, executive produced by Knight, Mandabach, Will Gould, Jamie Glazebrook, Frith Tiplady, Murphy and, for the BBC, Stephen Wright. The fourth season will be directed by David Caffrey (Line Of Duty) and produced by Joe Donaldson (Ripper Street).

The show is repped internationally by Endemol Shine International, has sold in 163 countries and airs on Netflix in the U.S.
http://deadline.com/2017/03/peaky-blinders-adrien-brody-cast-season-4-plot-details-1202049527/

Good casting if we get Brody on top form.

He's a very good actor but he takes long lay offs or I've not seen him in anything for a long time.

he seems like one of those people who won an Oscar and then didn't do much afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"