Peggy Carter - Hayley Atwell

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Dark Raven, May 14, 2019.

1. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Registered

I feel kind of bad for Hayley that her badass character was whittled down to nothing more than "the love interest" in these movies.

I know that time was limited but it still just kind of sucks.

2. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Well she had two seasons of her own show where she was a badass. That’s more time they gave than other female superheroes in the movies.

Xeno likes this.
  3. ScarlettW

ScarlettW Registered

Most people have not seen her series, so for most of GA she has always been a love interest. Now she's a trophy wife.

4. InvisibleWoman

InvisibleWoman Registered

Not for me. I not only watched her series but bought them both so I can rewatch again and again. Loved Agent Carter.

Also, the fact Steve was never able to move on from her and essentially gave up being Captain America said a lot about the sort of woman she was. She wasn't just some love interest (hi Sharon Carter), she was the woman that was impossible to forget.

Xeno, KevTravels and THORin like this.
  5. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

In TFA she is indeed the love interest... But she's not a shrinking violet damsel in distress. Then later she is shown in Ant-Man as a high ranking SHIELD leader. In CW we are told of her time as an important figure in post WWII history.

Even if you missed her show and only knew the character from MCU films she was always characterized as more than just a love interest although there is no denying her connection to Steve Rogers.

KevTravels likes this.
  6. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Peggy & Steve featurette