People don't know how to drive in winter

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
Usually motorists drive at their normal speed, swerving around corners, cutting way too close in front of my ass, etc. As soon as snow hits the ground and the road gets a tad slick, suddenly they turn into senior citizens, hands at 10 and 2, chugging along at a snail's mother****ing pace. Though I do laugh at the youngbloods that think they drive at the same speed and pace as they do when it's summer and end up doing a 360 on the expressway.:o

hell that happens here in Ohio, get a couple inches and I see idiots crashing their cars on the news

Happens in Memphis as well. But it doesn't have to be a couple of inches, just a rare dusting, or rain, or fog and they forget how to drive.

Then again, even if the weather is nice they still don't know how to drive

lmao, I don't know how to drive in winter...

It's easy.

1) It's ok to drive 10 miles under the posted speed limit during snow to maintain control. Just don't drive at idling speed.

2) If you start to skid, turn into the skid to regain control.

I'm the winter driving master. And I get to work it this weekend as we're in for 8 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow. :up:

But the first dusting of snow in the winter has people acting like idiots on the roads in general. This year, we got under an inch overnight for the first dusting and had 45 people call in that day 'sick' to work. :whatever:

A friend of mine told me a story about someone she knew who moved to Florida. That year they had a freak ice storm, and her friend went to work, but everything was closed. When he got back home, his neighbors all came out of their houses worried- "what's wrong? why did you leave? is someone in the hospital?"

Then later that day, he was pouring salt on his front step, and a neighbor came over, laughing, and asked "Why in the world are you putting salt on your steps?" :dry:

Isn't there a way to learn to drive in snow conditions?I would think in areas of constant snow fall..there would be something.

No one prepares, even the trucks that are supposed to be out plowing don't do it until the following day.

Isn't there a way to learn to drive in snow conditions?I would think in areas of constant snow fall..there would be something.

I used to practice in a open parking lot like a church, just use a big area and take it slow. Don't try doing donuts on your first try :oldrazz:

There is. But there's no way to force people to read their state's drivers manual or to visit the DMV's website or DMV.org to find the appropriate info.

There is. But there's no way to force people to read their state's drivers manual or to visit the DMV's website or DMV.org to find the appropriate info.

should make people take a test in winter, I would bet over 90% or more would flunk

There definitely should be one.

I learned to drive in winter conditions since my dad grew up in Chicago and my mom grew up in Detroit

I love the people who think they are invincible because they brought a brand new 4x4 vehicle. These fools are doing 60 in a 45 in their new 4 door Jeep Wranglers and think that they'll be able to stop if they hit some black ice. Guess what? Nooope...poor poor mishandled new Jeep. You did not deserve the fate that you were given.

I don't really have a problem with slow winter drivers anymore. I have a new hatred now.

You know what I hate? The stupid mother****ers that don't scrape the ice off the roof of their car and let it just slide off onto the highway or on to another car behind them. I swear, if ice ever...EVER cracked my windshield, I would put the car that caused it out of commission by side-swiping it.

I got cut off bad today, and almost into a fender bender...I made that guy mad by honking at him 6 times, waiting 10 seconds to honk at him again, and then honked at him 30 seconds later. Then, I flipped him off as I was going into a turning lane...he was prepared with his finger raised too.

People can't drive :down

What's this winter weather of which you speak?

It's nice not to have to worry about winter driving, considering winter here is temperatures in the 50-70's and sunny. :p

Ever seen a Canadian Winter? American Winters are ":o" for me now... (unless they are as north as Buffalo or higher :ninja:)

I've only seen Canadian Winters on Ice Road Truckers

Ever seen a Canadian Winter? American Winters are ":o" for me now... (unless they are as north as Buffalo or higher :ninja:)

And the "let's compare who's ePenis is bigger" is extended to Canadian vs American weather..courtesy of A-man.

Please hold your applause.

HAHAHA you guys don't know winter driving until you drive in Canada.....This month alone we probably have had about a meter and a half of snow fall on the ground which is earlier than normal....we don't usually get hit until after the new year but this year they say it's going to be a bad winter....

I have driven in all kinds of weather and conditions....I actually prefer driving in snow than freezing rain......that stuff makes the roads an instant sheet of ice.... snow is easy to drive in and is mostly predictable....I skid all the time and sometimes do it on purpose to test the road.....

My car is horrible in snow/ice conditions. Most rear wheel drive cars are. I hit a divider. But I'm paying out of pocket because I don't want my insurance going up.

HAHAHA you guys don't know winter driving until you drive in Canada.....This month alone we probably have had about a meter and a half of snow fall on the ground which is earlier than normal....we don't usually get hit until after the new year but this year they say it's going to be a bad winter....

I have driven in all kinds of weather and conditions....I actually prefer driving in snow than freezing rain......that stuff makes the roads an instant sheet of ice.... snow is easy to drive in and is mostly predictable....I skid all the time and sometimes do it on purpose to test the road.....
Where do you live? North Quebec? Cause man, We've only had about 40-60 cms of snow and our city has had the highest concentration of snow in all Canada so far... are you sure your not exagerating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"