Pepsi is now making...... condoms?

FunBobPants

Sidekick
Reaction score
well, sort of
Calling the case "rare," but one that has a serious bearing on public health, a three-judge panel in New Delphi, India has ordered PepsiCo to pay financial damages to a man who found a condom inside a Pepsi bottle.
The Associated Press and the Press Trust of India report that Sudesh Sharma, a resident of Ujhani village near New Delhi, fell sick after consuming one of two Pepsis he purchased in 2003. After drinking the one Pepsi, he said he found dirt and contaminants in the bottle. The condom was found in the other, unopened bottle of Pepsi which he did not drink.
PepsiCo has denied negligence, insisting the bottle was a fake. Despite that, the judge ordered the company to pay 100,000 rupees ($2,200) to a legal aid fund for consumers and 20,000 rupees ($450) to the complainant. "This case is an eye-opener for others who are engaged in manufacturing soft drinks and are required to maintain the prescribed standards of purity in (the) public interest," the three-judge panel ruled.
http://channels.netscape.com/whatsnew/default.jsp?story=20060427-1332

Wow, it seems like so much money, but in American dollars Pepsi didn't have to pay jack. I'd be pissed if I found a rubber in my drink and I got $2600 for it.

guitarsingerguy said:
Wow, it seems like so much money, but in American dollars Pepsi didn't have to pay jack. I'd be pissed if I found a rubber in my drink and I got $2600 for it.

you'd be pissed to get $2600?

rich bastard.

photojones2 said:
you'd be pissed to get $2600?

rich bastard.

For finding a friggin' rubber in you Pepsi?!?! Yes, I'd be pissed to only get $2600. Well, let me rephrase. If I had drank out of the bottle, then yes. I would be pissed for receiving $2600.

guitarsingerguy said:
For finding a friggin' rubber in you Pepsi?!?! Yes, I'd be pissed to only get $2600. Well, let me rephrase. If I had drank out of the bottle, then yes. I would be pissed for receiving $2600.

why would you drink out of a bottle with a rubber in it?

guitarsingerguy said:
Dear Lord, why do I bother? :(

i'm sorry. i just felt the need to be stupid and razz someone for a minute. it happens. i'd be pissed to.

photojones2 said:
i'm sorry. i just felt the need to be stupid and razz someone for a minute. it happens. i'd be pissed to.

Don't be sorry, and I'm not pissed. This is business as usual at the Hype. It's just that with every new member you hope they are gonna be the one to turn this place around, and it never happens. :p

It may not be THAT bad.....they never said the condom was used.....maybe it was still in its wrapper. If that was the case it's a good party favor. Now if only you could fit some chips in there.......

Somewhere, a Pepsi employee is laughing his ass off.

Batty for Bats! said:
It might have been a flavored condom. :o Strawberry anyone?
I actually hope it's Coke flavored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"