The Dark Knight Percieved fauts with the Nolan movies:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear WB,

Recently the Batman community got a hold of some of The Dark Knight footage. We have to say we are thoroughly disappointed. Christopher Nolan and his brother have proven that they are not capable of doing a Batman movie. The dialogue was awful and Heath Ledger acts like Heath Ledger. We as a community are gathering together to petition for Crispin Glover to do the part of The Joker. We know that most of the filming is done, but it would be quite simple to CGI Glover in all of the scenes. Please adhere to our demands or we will boycott this film.

Love,

CRISCO KID
Captain Clown
Hole Shot
uc73
Shoemeister
Crispin Glover
Bruce Glover, father of Crispin
Danny Glover
La'Roi Glover
Steve-O Glover
Adam West
Batsuit Nipples
Teh Puffy
The Ninja Smiley
GoogleMe94
JokerGrayson < just as important as the next guy
Hayley Williams (omg hott)
Hayley Williams ass (OMG, HODE IT UP!)
Hode it up!
Canola Oil
Kipobe
Kipobe's Ego
Blight
Son Of Blight
Hunter Rider
Danger Mouse
Toven
Tukiluka
Kypade
Dario Argento
Lucio Fulci
George Romero
George Romero's Beard
Barbra Gordon's Legs
Babs Gordon
Right Said Fred
Vanilla Ice
Kory Feldman
Flavor Flave
Dr. Dre
2 Pac
2 Pac's 6 pack
2 Pac's Ghost
Biggie Smalls
Biggie Smalls continued. . .
Biggie Smalls continued.
Chris Nolan's Vest
Morgan Freeman's Voice
Tyler Durden
Zombie
Zombie 2
Tar Man
Kid 'n' Play
Will Smith
Catman
Not Jake
Fran
Mee
Mee's Chin
C-Spoons
AndThePickles
Wilhelm's Cigarettes
Joe Camel
The Marlboro Man
Ryu
Ken
Sub-Zero
Liu Kang
Megaman
Megaman X
Cutman
The Creature From The Black Lagoon
Penny Robinson
Captain Planet
Captain America's Shield
Nick Fury's Cigar
The Joker's Knife
DOG LIPS
Al Simmons
Michael Jai White's Career
Batman's utility Belt
Shadowboxing
Shadowboxing's Abs
Ted Turner
Duke Nukem
John Wayne Gracy
Edward Norton
Tess
Samus
Timothy Dalton
Daniel Craig
Judi Dench
Jim Lee
Todd McFarlane's Left Hand
Bruce Lee's One Inch Punch
Altec Lansing
Randy Rhoads
Eddie Van Halen
Dimebag Darrell's Ghost
Emma Thompson
Malice
Dew K. Mosi
Runt
Deep Thinking
Cindy Lauper's Hair Style
The Toxic Avenger
AC Slater
AC Slater's Stalkers
Zakk Morris
Steve Jobs's iPod Nano
Magneto
Bill Lawrence
Seymour Duncan
Larry DiMarzio
Super Saiyan Son Goku
The Vengeance Of Bane
Dr. No
Juan Pina
Bryan Villa
Julian Villa
Crooklyn
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Orvile Gibson
Leo Fender
Mike Soldano
Reinhold Bogner
Robert Engl
Steve F. (AKA, VHT)
Jim Marshall
Jimi Hendrix
Peter Diezel
John Petrucci
Yngwie Malmsteen
Yngwie Malmsteen's Fury
Kris Smith
Dean Z.
The Night Stalker
Night Man
Day Man
Michael Amott
Christopher Amott
Bill Steer
Dark Man
Bruce Campbell's Chin
I-T-B
I-T-B's manjuice
Rando Aces < this guy wants to be humble lol
Cousin Itt
Death Raven
BatB
Morzan
jimmy
Tim Burton
Uwe Boll
Rory the Pumpkin
John Travolta
John C. McGinley
Wally Pfister (Pfister? I BARELY KNOW HER!)
Jack Nicholson
Tommy Lee
Grace Jones
Cesar Romero
The ghost of Cesar Romero
teol2.gif

The mustache of Cesar Romero
teol2.gif

The ghost of the mustache of Cesar Romero
teol2.gif

Frank Miller
The Goddamn Batman
Bob Kane FRUM BEEOND TEH GRAVE
Vanilla Ice
Cat Stevens AKA Yusuf Islam
Joel Schumacher < I-T-B barely knows her lulz
Heath L.
Chris N.
Jett
Ronzospeed
Erzengel
J Alba's Love
The Man Of Bat
Elijah
DrFrommeyer

To our members:

By signing this you are clearly smart and intelligent and have class. You are free to express your opinion as long as its our opinion. Simply copy and paste this, and be sure to add your name. Also, don't forget to check out our new salad bar.

This will always be the ultimate "****" card.

Like the ol' moon comparison! :wow:

OH! So we can put a man on the friggin' moon, but we can't get a stupid Batman Begins sequel with the talented Crispin Glover as the comic book accurate, B:TAS-esque Joker? :o

Like the ol' moon comparison! :wow:

OH! So we can put a man on the friggin' moon, but we can't get a stupid Batman Begins sequel with the talented Crispin Glover as the B:TAS Joker? :o

i blame WB... WB YOU NEED TO BE FIRED or I WILL BOYCOTT

omg ya! we should all do that thanks to the OP we all see the light now!

Until I read this post I love Batman Begins! I was even looking forward to The Dark Knight. Dodged a bullet there, didn't I?

Nolan is so awesome because he is making these films for Batfans first -- the rest second. That's why it's called "The Dark Knight". We, Batfans, know who this Dark Knight character is. And that's all that matters in the mind of Chris Nolan.

Batfans first -- the rest second.

I think the general public will now that it's a Batman film by the time TDK comes out don't worry :)

Dear WB,

Recently the Batman community got a hold of some of The Dark Knight footage. We have to say we are thoroughly disappointed. Christopher Nolan and his brother have proven that they are not capable of doing a Batman movie. The dialogue was awful and Heath Ledger acts like Heath Ledger. We as a community are gathering together to petition for Crispin Glover to do the part of The Joker. We know that most of the filming is done, but it would be quite simple to CGI Glover in all of the scenes. Please adhere to our demands or we will boycott this film.

Love,

CRISCO KID
Captain Clown
Hole Shot
uc73
Shoemeister
Crispin Glover
Bruce Glover, father of Crispin
Danny Glover
La'Roi Glover
Steve-O Glover
Adam West
Batsuit Nipples
Teh Puffy
The Ninja Smiley
GoogleMe94
JokerGrayson < just as important as the next guy
Hayley Williams (omg hott)
Hayley Williams ass (OMG, HODE IT UP!)
Hode it up!
Canola Oil
Kipobe
Kipobe's Ego
Blight
Son Of Blight
Hunter Rider
Danger Mouse
Toven
Tukiluka
Kypade
Dario Argento
Lucio Fulci
George Romero
George Romero's Beard
Barbra Gordon's Legs
Babs Gordon
Right Said Fred
Vanilla Ice
Kory Feldman
Flavor Flave
Dr. Dre
2 Pac
2 Pac's 6 pack
2 Pac's Ghost
Biggie Smalls
Biggie Smalls continued. . .
Biggie Smalls continued.
Chris Nolan's Vest
Morgan Freeman's Voice
Tyler Durden
Zombie
Zombie 2
Tar Man
Kid 'n' Play
Will Smith
Catman
Not Jake
Fran
Mee
Mee's Chin
C-Spoons
AndThePickles
Wilhelm's Cigarettes
Joe Camel
The Marlboro Man
Ryu
Ken
Sub-Zero
Liu Kang
Megaman
Megaman X
Cutman
The Creature From The Black Lagoon
Penny Robinson
Captain Planet
Captain America's Shield
Nick Fury's Cigar
The Joker's Knife
DOG LIPS
Al Simmons
Michael Jai White's Career
Batman's utility Belt
Shadowboxing
Shadowboxing's Abs
Ted Turner
Duke Nukem
John Wayne Gracy
Edward Norton
Tess
Samus
Timothy Dalton
Daniel Craig
Judi Dench
Jim Lee
Todd McFarlane's Left Hand
Bruce Lee's One Inch Punch
Altec Lansing
Randy Rhoads
Eddie Van Halen
Dimebag Darrell's Ghost
Emma Thompson
Malice
Dew K. Mosi
Runt
Deep Thinking
Cindy Lauper's Hair Style
The Toxic Avenger
AC Slater
AC Slater's Stalkers
Zakk Morris
Steve Jobs's iPod Nano
Magneto
Bill Lawrence
Seymour Duncan
Larry DiMarzio
Super Saiyan Son Goku
The Vengeance Of Bane
Dr. No
Juan Pina
Bryan Villa
Julian Villa
Crooklyn
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Orvile Gibson
Leo Fender
Mike Soldano
Reinhold Bogner
Robert Engl
Steve F. (AKA, VHT)
Jim Marshall
Jimi Hendrix
Peter Diezel
John Petrucci
Yngwie Malmsteen
Yngwie Malmsteen's Fury
Kris Smith
Dean Z.
The Night Stalker
Night Man
Day Man
Michael Amott
Christopher Amott
Bill Steer
Dark Man
Bruce Campbell's Chin
I-T-B
I-T-B's manjuice
Rando Aces < this guy wants to be humble lol
Cousin Itt
Death Raven
BatB
Morzan
jimmy
Tim Burton
Uwe Boll
Rory the Pumpkin
John Travolta
John C. McGinley
Wally Pfister (Pfister? I BARELY KNOW HER!)
Jack Nicholson
Tommy Lee
Grace Jones
Cesar Romero
The ghost of Cesar Romero
teol2.gif

The mustache of Cesar Romero
teol2.gif

The ghost of the mustache of Cesar Romero
teol2.gif

Frank Miller
The Goddamn Batman
Bob Kane FRUM BEEOND TEH GRAVE
Vanilla Ice
Cat Stevens AKA Yusuf Islam
Joel Schumacher < I-T-B barely knows her lulz
Heath L.
Chris N.
Jett
Ronzospeed
Erzengel
J Alba's Love
The Man Of Bat
Elijah
DrFrommeyer

To our members:

By signing this you are clearly smart and intelligent and have class. You are free to express your opinion as long as its our opinion. Simply copy and paste this, and be sure to add your name. Also, don't forget to check out our new salad bar.

I would be honored to join this list. Please add me if possible. :grin:

I only agree on The Joker's look and The Music:...I know Nolan has this whole realism angle stuck up his arse and that's okay, but don't like his take on the Joker not being perma-white to fit into his whole realistic world since well, y'know...Batsy and The Joker aren't....real...Heath ledger will be good though...but yeah I wish he was permanent (if it ain't broke don't fix it, y'know), makes him more frightening and sets him apart from humanity...and the music...I like the whole idea of the music evolving as Batman goes on, but it still hasn't hit that point of Iconic status as Danny Elfman's Batman Theme or even B:TAS Theme

Wow, another great and f***ing pointless thread. If you don't like what Nolan is doing don't watch his movies and stop wasting time complaining about it. If you want the same thing over and over again done wityh no skill then, by all means, read the same boring, unoriginal comics. But please, don't tear apart a director and his cast/crew when they are attempting to bring life to a character that for years has been a cardboard cut out.

to the people that say they have received footage id liek to see why your whinning so much... so maybe a handful of you will boycott it but ill say this im sure ill be one who will make up for 5 of your tickets anyways...

1. The title, BB sucked. Its silly and lame. Batman Begins. STUPID. It sounds childish. I hate saying it. Should have been The Batman, or Batman: The Beginnning. Now we have TDK, which i lake, but nobody outside this forum knows that its about Batman! lol Bad marketing. Set things off on the wrong foot.

2. Bales voice. Its all wrong. From the tailer it sounds just as bad as it did in BB. I'm just waiting for the pinched face look and lisp to rear its ugly head again. Its Bale constipated in that suit or something? Has he been smoking 40 a day since the age of 10?

3. The Batsuit. Now the BB suit was bad enough, but the new one really is bad. Not since B&R have we been treated to such utter crap. Its Robocop meats the power Rangers. Silly and goofy. Orver worked clutter. The symbol just disappears in all that gunk. Thats not batman, that iron man. Tip to Mr Nolan. GET A NEW COSTUME DESIGNER!:o

4. The music. I'm hoping for great things this time, we we are still with the guys that brought us the totally unforgetable BB theme. COULD be boring again. Dull.

5. The Joker. Like Scarecrow, Nolan's realism has destroyed the Joker's real look. Nicholson looked more faithful to the comics that Ledger. Now I LIKE ledger's look, i'm down with it, but its not exactly faithful is it? I wanted the Joker from the Animated series. The Joker from HUSH, TLH, TKJ etc...

6. Alfred. Caine sounds and looks mothing like alfred. He doesn't even try to sound or look like the character. F- for effort there Sir can't be bothered to research my roles Caine.:grin:

7. The batbike. Is it needed? REALY? or is it in this film so WB can sell more toys? Is it there just to fill an action scene that Nolan could have worked around the Tumbler? It looks ok, but i prefer the batman without so many gadgets. bat-to-basics was the approach Nolan took in BB, and TDK follows staight after. I guess one week is enough time to start introducing the toys again. Bat ski and hover bike in the third film then.

8. Rachel. Now looks completely different! Maybe the Joker hacked her face up, and plastic surgery has made holmes look like Maggie. Or maybe Continuity is blown.:csad:
OMGWTFLOL

1. The title, BB sucked. Its silly and lame. Batman Begins. STUPID. It sounds childish. I hate saying it. Should have been The Batman, or Batman: The Beginnning. Now we have TDK, which i lake, but nobody outside this forum knows that its about Batman! lol Bad marketing. Set things off on the wrong foot.

2. Bales voice. Its all wrong. From the tailer it sounds just as bad as it did in BB. I'm just waiting for the pinched face look and lisp to rear its ugly head again. Its Bale constipated in that suit or something? Has he been smoking 40 a day since the age of 10?

3. The Batsuit. Now the BB suit was bad enough, but the new one really is bad. Not since B&R have we been treated to such utter crap. Its Robocop meats the power Rangers. Silly and goofy. Orver worked clutter. The symbol just disappears in all that gunk. Thats not batman, that iron man. Tip to Mr Nolan. GET A NEW COSTUME DESIGNER!:o

4. The music. I'm hoping for great things this time, we we are still with the guys that brought us the totally unforgetable BB theme. COULD be boring again. Dull.

5. The Joker. Like Scarecrow, Nolan's realism has destroyed the Joker's real look. Nicholson looked more faithful to the comics that Ledger. Now I LIKE ledger's look, i'm down with it, but its not exactly faithful is it? I wanted the Joker from the Animated series. The Joker from HUSH, TLH, TKJ etc...

6. Alfred. Caine sounds and looks mothing like alfred. He doesn't even try to sound or look like the character. F- for effort there Sir can't be bothered to research my roles Caine.:grin:

7. The batbike. Is it needed? REALY? or is it in this film so WB can sell more toys? Is it there just to fill an action scene that Nolan could have worked around the Tumbler? It looks ok, but i prefer the batman without so many gadgets. bat-to-basics was the approach Nolan took in BB, and TDK follows staight after. I guess one week is enough time to start introducing the toys again. Bat ski and hover bike in the third film then.

8. Rachel. Now looks completely different! Maybe the Joker hacked her face up, and plastic surgery has made holmes look like Maggie. Or maybe Continuity is blown.:csad:

1. It's a new beginning for the franchise, the title is very appropriate. And I hear people talking about TDK so I'm pretty sure the general public know it's a Batman film, and more will know as the film comes closer to release.

2. Love the voice, it's growly and menacing, as Batman should be.

3. To compare the TDK suit to the B&R one is a fallacy, and totally unnecessary. It's a more practical suit, and that's what Bats needs, and it has no Batnipples :]

4. The music is a non-issue for me really.

5. I've always been a fan of realism so I love how Nolan has interpreted the villains. True comic book adaptations wouldn't work in these films imo.

6. I gotta admit I prefered Gough's voice. It's a little niggling annoyance of mine how common Caine sounds but w/e, I'll get over it.

7. I'm pretty sure the Batpod is there through necesscity in the story line, and I think it would make an awesome toy :]

8. Don't care one but about this, I think Gyllenhaal is a better actress so this change is probabaly for the better.

But of course as Voltaire didn't actually say (was actually written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall) "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Has anyone reported this to lock this thread up.

This guy that started this thread is always like this. Maybe a spanking is in order.

I know what you mean - I felt that way with X-Men. I kept waiting for the cartoon theme to kick in. It never happened.

Sorry, not even attempting to sound rude but you mean the main cartoon theme? That happened in the movie. It was the song that played when Prof. X left Magneto in the prison, pretty sure.

I disagreed with most of the OP, and I liked Batman's voice in BB. However, "You're gonna love me" is the one poor point of the trailer, for me. It just sounds like something out of a Michael Bay movie. I just hope that, in the drive to make this one the "Big hit", because Batman Begins was a tad low key, they don't just turn Batman into more of a generic action film character, cos in BB he was absolutely spot on, both as Wayne and Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"