Perez/Wolfman version of Deathstroke.

Discussion in 'Titans' started by Tymminator, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Tymminator

Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I hope if he appears, they go for that version. THAT version of that character has always been my favorite version, in attitude and powerset.

I don't know if he will be available or not be it he is to have further future use us for Arrow or Batman or both, but he honestly belongs to the Titans more than any other title.

Anyway, REALLY looking forward to this series. :ali:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    eon001 likes this.
  2. godisawesome

godisawesome Well-Known Member

When/if they do Deathstroke, and they're going to do him if for no other reason than he's a proven concept fora live action show, I kind of hope they highlight the dichotomy between his professionalism and his tendency to hold grudges. I'd love for them to copy the very first short appearance he made, where someone offers him a contract on the Titans, and he turns it down as being too big of a job for too little reward. And then something happens to get him personally involved and we get to see how that honestly gets him in some trouble.

3. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

How great would it be if they got Ron Perlman or Stephen Lang for this? I've always preferred an older Deathstroke

Flash525 and eon001 like this.
  4. godisawesome

godisawesome Well-Known Member

Lang easily feels like he'd be an immediate triumph of casting; the man's still in freakishly good shape, has pretty much a perfect physical resemblance to the character, and is, if anything, overflowing with charisma. You want someone to succeed to Manu Bennett's intensity? Lang's your man.

Perlman would be another success, though he'd probably be hired for the same kind of terrifyingly cold portrayal he delivered vocally. Perlman feels like the more Stoic characterization who would need some finangling to get to a more ambiguous footing morally. Both Lang and Perlman have the villain part down, but I think Lang could more easily slip into anti-Hero, while Perlman feels like that would be buried under some deep layers.

Flash525 likes this.
  5. Tymminator

Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I would enjoy that.

I would also love Lang for the role, and I also always liked the concept he was an older character, yet despite not being at his prime so to speak, he was just so fast, strong, tough and darn good at his job that he would be a threat to about anyone.

Loved that character since I had a fresh copy of TNTT #2 in my hands back in Junior High.

Dang it, this seals it.

Classic Deathstroke the Terminator is my next cosplay costume, and since I'll be over 51 once I get to finally wear it, that will be a fitting and symbolic character for me. :sly:

6. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

I've just watched the animated movie Teen Titans: The Judas Contract which shows that aspect of Deathstroke nicely. Especially in his interactions with Damian Wayne.

7. X Knight

X Knight Hope

really hope they use Deathstroke and eventually tackle the Judas Contract storyline at some point.

rightly or wrongly, due to the original Teen Titans show, I associate Deathstroke with the Titans.

not Green Arrow.

but then Arrow also had R'as, who I associate with Batman.

so go figure......

8. Milk Tray Guy

Yes, I associate Deathstroke with the the Titans - and to a slightly lesser extent with Batman (I think I've got all the comics encounters between Bats and DS).

Seeing a live-action Judas Contract would be good. Have you seen the animated movie?

9. X Knight

X Knight Hope

yes, I saw the animated Judas movie and I liked it. Not as much as the prior animated movie ( JL vs TT ) but that's because the 1st one was more Raven focused.

10. Milk Tray Guy

I enjoyed TT:TJC as well. Haven't managed to catch JLvsTT yet but it's on my list. The trailer looks good.

11. Rorschach2012

Season 1: The Terror of Trigon
    Season 2: The Judas Contract

And yeah the animated Judas Contract movie wasn't bad or anything, but the adaptation they did in the original Teen Titans tv show was much better.

12. Rorschach2012

Thinking about it, I wouldn’t be at all mad if this was in the Arrowverse. We could have Manu Bennett’s Slade pop up. It would be pretty satisfying come to think of it to see that version of Slade appear after being so well established.

13. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Couldn't agree more here! The guy certainly is blessed with his genes.

14. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Now we are a few episodes in, I can't help but think how great a fit Deathstroke would be for this show. I'm curious to how DC would even try and handle 3 live action versions from Manu, Joe Mag' and the potential Titans version. Lang would be a superb choice.

15. Greens

Greens I am Danny DeVito

A no holds barred Deathstroke would be great for this show. I doubt we'll see the DCEU version any time soon so why not.