Performances you didn't like in movies you did.

Just to clarify: I meant "Storm" as the Storm presented in the movies, not the comic book one.

If you still disagree with me, fine. I can respect that.

She was inconsistent, IMO. Her shining moment was in the first one when she was trying to convince Logan to stay. And she was really good in some of the deleted scenes. Apart from that, her accent kept slipping & she only had the swagger & demeanor down when in costume. In the second one she was just there. Storm is my favorite of the X-Men & I don't feel she's been done justice. But maybe-just maybe-she'll turn it around in X3.

And I'm wondering if Natalie Portman gets any votes, even though I liked her as Evey.

I truly hate Uma Thurman in B&R. I've never read any Poison Ivy issues, so maybe she was playing it right, but it just came across as too Mae West-ian. I kept waiting for her to say, "Come up and see me sometime, big boy."

But I agree basically with Spider-X-Treme. The main problem with B&R is the overall direction they decided to take that film. It's hard to blame Thurman or Arnold when that's the way they were told to be.

But this thread is entitled "Performances you didn't like in movies that you did". Unless you actually liked "Batman & Robin", apart from Uma's hammy performance, then it doesn't qualify. Neither does writng & direction.:confused:

Selma Blair in Hellboy. See is an awful actress that I wish would go away.

Really? The only time I found her truly annoying was in "Cruel Intentions". But then again, I haven't seen her in that many movies.

Selma Blair has done some really good work outside of mainstream movies. I thought she was decent in Hellboy.

Both Dunst and McGuire were lackluster in Spider-Man. Dunst came off as generic, and McGuire played Peter like a stalker, thus the entire romance angle felt incredibly forced. I mean honestly, some of it was poor dialouge, but MJ seeing Peter as anything but creepy in many of their scenes together felt totally unbeleivable, and Dunst didn't help by playing it without any real emotion. Spider-Man 2's script was much better in terms of character relationships and I felt both actors improved.

Tom Wilkinson as Carmine Falcone, I just didn't believe in him as a gangsta. He didn't look Italian, he didn't sound Italian and I just think it was a poorly cast role.

I have to agree with Kirsten as MJ just not believable to me at all.
Actually everybody in FF except for the guy who played Johnny Storm and Chiklis as Thing.
Katie Holmes in Batman Begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"