Deadpool 2 Perhaps Deadpool and X-Men should be separate universes?

warbird

Civilian
Reaction score
What is Ryan doing casting a semi unknown actress for a major marvel character? Sorry Kerry Washingtion and Janelle Monáe are better candidates. They have lots of fans and more star power to bring hype over Deadpool 2 than Zazie Beets. Not surprised if Cable is David Harbour, another supporting actor in TV and movies. Tim Miller had the right idea, Kyle Chandler (The Wolf of Wall Street ) to be casts as Cable verses rumored actors such as David Harbour. I'm hoping 20th Century Fox keeps Deadpool separate from X-Men Universe and a more skilled director like Bryan Singer choose Cable and Domino. Does anyone agree?

Last edited:
I'm hoping 20th Century Fox keeps Deadpool separate from X-Men Universe and a more skilled director like Bryan Singer choose Cable and Domino. Does anyone agree?

Cause X-Force characters like Bishop, Archangel, Psylocke, Sunspot and Warpath were all given such A list treatment in DOFP and XMA :funny:

Tim Miller had the right idea, Kyle Chandler (The Wolf of Wall Street ) to be casts as Cable verses rumored actors such as David Harbour.
and once again Tim didn't want to cast Kyle Chandler
http://collider.com/deadpool-2-direc...#ryan-reynolds
“I wanted to do the same thing [as the first movie]. Kyle Chandler was not going to be Cable. All this stuff that I read kind of kills me.”

Last edited:
re81Us.gif

I was expecting a different point of contention for separation.

I'm hoping 20th Century Fox keeps Deadpool separate from X-Men Universe and a more skilled director like Bryan Singer choose Cable and Domino. Does anyone agree?

Kind of lost me there.

http://www.blastr.com/2017-3-8/simon-kinberg-confirms-cable-and-deadpool-will-lead-x-force

Deadpool and Cable will lead X-Force. I don't like the casting so far, if David Harbour is Cable then I hope 20th Century Fox considers making changes and have Deadpool/X-Force separate universe. Its possible to do especially with alternate universe/reality.

heh. You're maybe the 2nd or 3rd X-Men fan that wants Deadpool separate from X-Men, whilst keeping a favorable stance on the X-Men movies.

Fear not, they're in the same universe, but they're distant & different enough from each other that these two versions may never cross over.

This is like saying the X-Men prequels shouldn't count because Sophie Turner is a TV actress, and then we have unknowns like Ben Hardy and Lana Condor cast. Jean Grey, Angel and Jubilee are kind of major X-Men.

Could you imagine if they cast an unknown as Wolverine? Or X-23? The horror.

Lets separate this franchise because good actors in a well known or award winning tv show are being considered or cast over A listers? That's pretty shallow reasoning, and when looking at this series as a whole just doesn't make sense at all.

Last edited:
What is Ryan doing casting a semi unknown actress for a major marvel character? Sorry Kerry Washingtion and Janelle Monáe are better candidates. They have lots of fans and more star power to bring hype over Deadpool 2 than Zazie Beets. Not surprised if Cable is David Harbour, another supporting actor in TV and movies. Tim Miller had the right idea, Kyle Chandler (The Wolf of Wall Street ) to be casts as Cable verses rumored actors such as David Harbour. I'm hoping 20th Century Fox keeps Deadpool separate from X-Men Universe and a more skilled director like Bryan Singer choose Cable and Domino. Does anyone agree?

yeah because Gina Carano,Brianna Hildebrand,Stefan Kapičić,Karan Soni,Ed Skrein were A listers.......

giphy.gif

I guess people can't read. I see Harbour and Zazie on thread ...I don't see any other underrated actors that currently have X-Men roles mentioned on thread...because I don't have a problem with them.

David Harbour, TV supporting actor, is a bad a idea imo and not crazy about some other supporting TV actress that I never heard of, I don't watch that much TV. I wanted Janelle. And I'm not the only one who feels this way. Nothing anyone can say to change my mind. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
You do know Kyle Chandler is from TV right? He's been a secondary character in a bunch of movies and that's it. He and David are quite on par career wise.

You do know Kyle Chandler is from TV right? He's been a secondary character in a bunch of movies. Him and David are actually quite on par.

It's only a problem if you're on Atlanta or Stranger Things :o

You do know Kyle Chandler is from TV right? He's been a secondary character in a bunch of movies and that's it. He and David are quite on par career wise.
I wouldn't say that, Kyle is definitely higher profile but your point still stands. Kyle cut his teeth in TV and does a Netflix series like David.

Last edited:

Yeah I know but he was in better movies. Much more of a star than Harbour.

Last edited:
you dont need a star ryan reynolds is the only star you need just ryan reynolds got deadpool 1 to 783 Million WW
Which is pretty much the end of this nonsense debate. People are here to see Deadpool.

The popularity of Cable and Domino will rely on their execution of the characters when the film is released. As long as they are cast well, popularity of actors does not matter. That will happen soon enough, because the Deadpool audience isn't leaving anytime soon and these two are expected to take off.

Last edited:
Seriously!??
Most of the cast of the original Deadpool was fairly unknown before making the movie, or known mostly for TV roles.
And David Harbour, if he gest cast, has been popping up in lots of movies before his breakthrough role in Stranger Things.
And why not give great but relatively unknown actors the chance to shine in a starring role?
No offense, but his thread is dumb.

I was expecting a different point of contention for separation.

Yeah, no kidding. This is a strange point to make. First, Cable and Domino should be connected to Deadpool. They come from a pretty common line of comic book stories and fit in the category of "not the X-Men" so it's a stretch to think they'd be included in the X-Men side of things regardless. Second (and not to contradict my point), if they did want to use different actors in a different movie, it's not like that's stopped Fox in the past. You don't need to create a separate universe for that.

I don't expect Deadpool to show up in any future X-Men movies. Most X-Men team movies are serious and downers, they won't introduce Deadpool making real life jokes. Quicksilver is the closest they will get to light hearted wall breaking. With characters that appear in Deadpool I can't see that Colossus to appear in a movie outside of Deadpool.

zazie beets?
they cast a black girl to paint with with a dark eye
the sjws are going to be all over this ****.
Domino-Marvel-Comics-Neena-Thurman-X-Force-e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"