Perhaps Rhaegar married Lyanna

mocomic

Philistian by choice
Reaction score
Its like this , did Lyanna whisper this to Ned.

Ned, Rhaegar married me. Protect Jon.

I know Targaryens have done plural marriage before

Speaking of Tagaryens and marriage. I don't understand why Jaime and Cersei being together is such a scandal when the Targaryens openly wed brother and sister frequently and that only happened less than 20 years before GoT began. Has this ever been explained? Why didn't anyone bat an eye when they did it?

Its always been taboo and is outlawed by the Faith for brother and sister to marry or have sex (mind you, in Westerosi culture, cousins marrying is not incest). The Targaryens got away with it on the grounds of having dragons and power (Faith turned a blind eye). But it was still frowned upon. In post-Targaryen Westeros, it is even more taboo because most believe it is the reason that the Targaryens went insane.

Insane or not, Dany is one sexy inbred.:funny:

Speaking of Tagaryens and marriage. I don't understand why Jaime and Cersei being together is such a scandal when the Targaryens openly wed brother and sister frequently and that only happened less than 20 years before GoT began. Has this ever been explained? Why didn't anyone bat an eye when they did it?

That's pretty much Jaime's logic in the books. He at one point suggests he and Cersei should just be open about it. Cersei rejected him. He even at one point ponders the idea of marrying Joffrey to Myrcella if him and Cersei ever do get married.

Also notice that all Targaryens have been described as being attractive despite being largely inbred. Unless they become morbidly obese or stop taking care of their hygiene or something. :funny:

Its always been taboo and is outlawed by the Faith for brother and sister to marry or have sex (mind you, in Westerosi culture, cousins marrying is not incest). The Targaryens got away with it on the grounds of having dragons and power (Faith turned a blind eye). But it was still frowned upon. In post-Targaryen Westeros, it is even more taboo because most believe it is the reason that the Targaryens went insane.

Yes, but it might be different under the Old Gods. Although not the best example, Crastor had multiple wives. There are also some interesting hints in the books that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married. Like Rhaegar and Lyanna just so happened to be near the Isle of Faces (the one place in the South where there is a weirwood grove for a proper Northern wedding) when he allegedly kidnapped her. Also, the Tower of Joy dialogue in the book makes the most sense if Jon is legitimate. Like when Ned questions them why they didn't flee with Darry, Viserys (the presumptive heir), and Dany to Dragonstone, their response is that Darry was not of the Kingsguard and the Kingsguard swore a vow. Their responses make the most sense if Jon is the legitimate king. Then there is the concern when Jon takes the black and Joer's raven calling Jon king.

That's pretty much Jaime's logic in the books. He at one point suggests he and Cersei should just be open about it. Cersei rejected him. He even at one point ponders the idea of marrying Joffrey to Myrcella if him and Cersei ever do get married.

Also notice that all Targaryens have been described as being attractive despite being largely inbred. Unless they become morbidly obese or stop taking care of their hygiene or something. :funny:

LOL yeah. I bet there are a lot of people from Kentucky who watch this show and say, "Just wait one goldurn minute! How come we don' look like dat?!"

Aegon the conqueror had two wives. Polygamy isn't out of the question.

Speaking of incest, if I wrote for this show, the second Jon learns from Bran that he's not Ned's son, but rather Lyanna's, he and Sansa would immediately start jumping eachother's bones while Bran screams for Meera to come drag him away. :o

Amirite, guys? Amirite?

#JonsaIsLove
#JonsaIsLife

Speaking of incest, if I wrote for this show, the second Jon learns from Bran that he's not Ned's son, but rather Lyanna's, he and Sansa would immediately start jumping eachother's bones while Bran screams for Meera to come drag him away. :o

Amirite, guys? Amirite?

Jon is GOB and Sansa is Lindsay.
tumblr_n7qxgxP3wU1rvnnvyo3_250.gif
tumblr_n7qxgxP3wU1rvnnvyo1_250.gif

tumblr_n7qxgxP3wU1rvnnvyo4_250.gif
tumblr_n7qxgxP3wU1rvnnvyo2_250.gif

tumblr_n7qxgxP3wU1rvnnvyo5_250.gif
tumblr_n7qxgxP3wU1rvnnvyo6_250.gif

:lmao:

I like the Michael/Lindsay scene even more, because his response to her coming on to him wasn't "I don't want to do this because I've spent the last 30-something years thinking you were my sister", but rather "I'm just not that into older women".

I'm still shipping Dany and Jon. #JonerysSnowborn

Give me some auntie/nephew love. Mmmmhmmm.

Has it ever been explicitly stated on the show that Dany's parents are brother and sister? I know that's the case in the books, but I don't recall if that has ever been touched upon on the show.

It's not been stated within the show, but there's no reason to think that it's any different from the books. I know Harry Lloyd in he making of Season 1 said that Viserys motivations towards Dany were partially driven by the fact that she would have been his wife in the proper dynasty and the show itself does mention brother-sister marriages between Targaryens quite a bit.

.... So if Ned's sister is Jon's mother...who the hell is the father?

I knew this would be a common question after the episode. I wish they would have just explicitly stated it on the show to avoid the confusion. :funny:

I knew this would be a common question after the episode. I wish they would have just explicitly stated it on the show to avoid the confusion. :funny:

But the rule of good storytelling on film is to show, not tell. They had an extended "previously on..." montage at the start of the episode that reminded the audience of Rhaegar and Lyanna's relationship and how it was the whole cause of Robert's Rebellion. The scene also ends with a clear expression on Littlefinger's face that Sansa's story is not the whole story. The clear implication of Lyanna lying in a bloody bed begging Ned to protect her son and the revelation that Jon is not Ned's bastard is that the official history of Rhaegar and Lyanna's relationship is not completely true and what looked like kidnapping was probably them eloping.

Meh, maybe Arthur Dayne knocked her up. He is good with a sword, you know.

Meh, maybe Arthur Dayne knocked her up. He is good with a sword, you know.

Especially when he had one in each hand. If you know what I mean.*

[size=-4]*I do not know what I mean. [/size]

Especially when he had one in each hand. If you know what I mean.*

[size=-4]*I do not know what I mean. [/size]

I thought you meant optimal tip to tip efficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"