Person Of Interest - Part 2

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]341564[/split]

2. :eek:

:eek: Well-Known Member

If pedigree alone were enough to get a TV show greenlit, this next project would be a slam dunk: J.J. Abrams is currently shopping a crime-thriller series created by Jonah Nolan, brother and frequent collaborator of The Dark Knight/Inception auteur Christopher Nolan.
    This would mark the first small-screen foray for Nolan, who not only co-wrote The Dark Knight and The Prestige but penned the short story on which Memento was based.
    According to an insider, one network is extremely interested in the untitled project. My hunch is, it won’t be the only one.
    All in all, it’s shaping up to be a busy development season for Bad Robot boss Abrams, who is also pitching an Alcatraz-set drama series written by fellow Lost producer Elizabeth Sarnoff.

3. BlueLightning

BlueLightning Caballero de la Luz

At last! I managed to watch the last episode, "Relevance" and... Holey Moley! It was awesome. It had everything! It was a part of this universe that we haven't seen before: how does the government prevent the terrorist attacks with the Machine.

It was such a great setup from the beginning (the interruption of the intro). Seeing the agents Shaw and Cole doing their jobs was just an awesome way to show how these skilled people managed to do what Finch and Reese do, but in a different way. It was a little more ruthless and to the point. Having her retrieving the bullets from the body and then blowing up the place was a great way to completely cover their tracks. Essentialy, just as Finch and Reese, they are ghosts.

At first I thought the number in NY was the same for Shaw and Reese, but then switching it to Shaw was surprising. I really felt a little when they killed Cole, tough thing to do with a brand new character. It was pretty smart for Shaw to kidnap the drug dealer, she had a nice way to protect her whereabouts and providing her with guns and healing aids. have her going Having Root pulling some strings from behind was very nice. The confrontation between her and Shaw was great, Root is still on the top of the baddies, along Elias. Also it showed that Shaw is radically different than Reese.

At the end, having Hersh (or the Anti-Reese, as I call him) killing her was a nice touch. Unexpected and subtle, nothing that could be traced back to the Council. And more unexpected even, having the entire team working to save her, so nice.

I blew my mind! Congratulations for Jonah and the entire team, this was perhaps my favorite episode so far!

4. Kaleb

Kaleb Devil of Hells Kitchen

5. Dr Lee

Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

*Thud*

I stumbled across an album on iTunes last night with a track on it that has her singing... She has a nice voice.

6. BlueLightning

Has anybody heard this?

[YT]_wEi6sL40hM[/YT]

7. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Carter is an undercover hottie!

8. BlueLightning

Also, I was checking the wiki of Person of Interest, and apparently since the episode "One Percent", the Machine has been "glitching", giving away strings of code in hexadecimal, which some dedicated people over there converted to ASCII. There are eight embedded codes so far:

From "One Percent"

Code 01:
    [​IMG]
    Converted to ASCII is an excerpt of Shakespeare's Macbeth.

From "Booked Solid"

Code 02:
    [​IMG]
    Converted to ASCII, this is a transcript from a news report of CNN back in 2001:

Code 03:
    [​IMG]
    Converted to ASCII, this is a transcript of a part of the book of Revelations from the Bible:

Code 04:
    [​IMG]
    Converted to ASCII, it appears to be a fragment of a page from the CIA site about dangerous chemicals:

From "Relevance"

Code 05:
    [​IMG]
    Converted to ASCII, is the fragment of the book "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad. The badly placed logo prevented a full conversion. The "#" symbols fill in the blanks.

Code 06:
    [​IMG]
    Converted to ASCII, is a fragment of "The Principles of Surgery" by John Bell:

Code 07:
    [​IMG]
    Converted to ASCII, it appears to be a excerpt of the Voinych Manuscript, and apparently used an special font to describe its peculiar characters:
    Code 08:
    [​IMG]
    Converted to ASCII, it is again an exerpt of "The Principles of Surgery" by John Bell:

They have been appearing on the show since the events of "Dead's Reckoning" in which Kara Stanton uploads the malware to the net by orders from Evil Mr. Fredericks. Apparently it is taking a toll, and most of the converted code relates to the spread of something evil.

I freaking love this show!

For more info, go to the wikia page!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  9. Frico

Frico The Man Without Fear

Dear Carter, you can arrest me any day.

10. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Those embedded codes are really interesting.

11. Snow Queen

Those codes are why I love this show. It's so densely packed with information.

12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

My basic guess is I dunno some sort of hostile take over of the US's grid and holding the country for hostage?

I mean the show is all about hacking so are they basically going to hack the US or use the machine against the good guys?

13. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

With Kara seemingly working for the Chinese or foreign government, I could them hijacking the US' infrastructure and asking for some type of ransom (not sure what since I don't know what their endgame or motives are.)

14. Snow Queen

Great episode. Loved Finch's scene with the killer, absolutely riveting.

"Just bleed for yes."

15. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Agreed.

The exchange between the killer and Finch was tense; it was one of the few times when watching television - even though I knew they were not going to off him - I sat on the edge of my seat. I have not been that emotionally invested in a television program for a while.

16. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

Very good episode that still made the major plot point of the virus so important as well and even a Shaw mention!

17. Snow Queen

"What? People like you don't stop. "

"You could never be me, I help people."

"You're nothing but an amateur at this."

That was by far Emerson's best scene on the show so far for me, followed by when he was kidnapped by Root.

And I just heard that Paige Turco is starring in a new show that's going to be filming right near me. I wonder if I can get down there and get an autograph one day during filming or at least watch.

18. ravn0s

ravn0s Well-Known Member

picked the fbi agent as the serial killer from the moment he showed up. still a great ep though.

did anyone else notice all the blank surveillance screens?

19. Dr Lee

Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

So did I... Rather too obvious IMHO, an age old cliche... But done well.

I did notice the blank screens, I took them to be out due to the storm, but they could also be out due to whatever it was that was uploaded...

20. Webfoot Hero

Had a feeling it was the FBI due to how much he was being shown but still a very good episode. Really like how they weaved in Shaw and the virus to make John and Finch start to question if the Machine has been possibly compromised.

21. Webfoot Hero

Hopefully she'll still be able to do a guess appearance every now and then if that show is picked up by The CW.

22. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

The FBI agent was obvious but who was in Rollins house when Finch found the teeth?

Quality episode with a really great atmosphere, it felt like an old fashioned thriller and I loved the little nod of Reese and Finch coming out of a screening of Rashamon at the beginning.

23. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Rollins had an accomplice? Someone else tracking Finch?

Looks like Finch's glasses are fakes and just for show. The clear implication is that he doesn't need them. When Carter showed up he started squinting like he was "performing" for her benefit.

Finch does seem to be disabled to some degree. It looks like the limp is legit because he has like four pins or something in his spine. So it looked like he might've been temporarily disabled or paralyzed at some point. He was in a wheelchair when he first saw Reese, but that could've just been a hospital wheelchair to help him get around the hospital.

24. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

It really hit me how much I'm used to seeing him on POI that Emerson looked totally different to me without the glasses, which he never wore on LOST.

25. Webfoot Hero

They've given us bits and pieces of what happened to Finch and even Nathan Ingram. We know that Ingram tampered with the Machine to some degree, but we don't know exactly what he did. The Machine did consider him a threat so may have done something to warn Finch about his intentions.

I have a feeling that somebody or some group tried to have them killed and Finch's injuries are a result of that failed attempt. There are a lot of unquestioned answers about the partnership of Ingram and Finch so I could see that being touched upon in upcoming seasons, considering Ingram is dead and Finch is forced to live under an assumed name. I'm kind of figuring that maybe "Control" had something to do with their possible termination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.