Comics Peter Parker: Spider-Man title making a return?

Will Nolte

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2013/07/04/peter-parker-spider-man-returns/

Writer David Morrell announced on his Twitter account that his Spider-Man story called “Frost” will be published in a new volume of Peter Parker: Spider-Man. No word if this is an ongoing series or mini-series. Morrell is the writer of First Blood which inspired the Rambo movie. He also wrote a Captain America mini series a few years ago called “The Chosen.”
My SPIDER-MAN: FROST comic-book project comes out in October as the first 2 issues of a new comic book called PETER PARKER: SPIDER-MAN!
— _DavidMorrell (@_DavidMorrell) June 21, 2013

Strange how this was tweeted last month and I haven't heard anything about it...

They'll probably make a big announcement about this at SDCC since it comes out in October. An anthology title with PP would be great, I've been reading Superior & it's been good- I just can't really connect with Otto.

I've been enjoying the other Spiderverse titles a bit more- Venom, Scarlet Spider, Avenging's been fun, & now Superior Foes of Spider-Man (so entertaining, who'd have thought you'd feel for the likes of those guys?).

Peter Parker: Spider-Man???
The last time Marvel started using this for a title was the issue where Ben "died"

***********Siggy for now******************
I was ben_reilly_s_s
My Son Kyle Morrison was born on 04/12-2009.
My Daughter Jubilee Morrison was born 08/17-2010.
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX GamerTag: KaineKinetic

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Makes me hopeful that Marvel is creating an alternate universe where Peter is still Spider-Man. I hope this is Marvel's answer to those wanting Peter back...like me. I miss him. :(

Huh? Peter Parker is dead?

Unless something has happened recently, which I doubt it has (though I haven't been reading Superior for a while). Then yes, he is dead.

Even Peter's "ghost" is now dead...

I was ben_reilly_s_s

Huh? Peter Parker is dead?

In ASM #698 it's revealed that the last time Spidey and Otto faced, Otto managed to switch minds with Peter. 699 and 700 dealt with Peter trying to use Otto's quickly dying body to find Otto (in his body) and switch his mind back. Issue 700 ends with Peter transmitting his memories to Otto as he dies, showing Otto what drove Peter to be Spider-Man and giving him a sense of responsibility to continue Peter's legacy as Spider-man, but even better--SUPERIOR even. The Amazing Spider-Man title ends with Otto proclaiming himself the "Superior Spider-Man" and the title was relaunched as The Superior Spider-Man with Otto in Peter's body. The series has been pretty good, but I really miss Peter.

Notice a pattern? Last time Peter Parker: Spider-Man was introduced as a title was the same issue Pete reclaimed the mantle from the replacement Spidey, Ben Reilly. I bet this will be the issue the real Peter comes back and replaces SpOck. Heck, it might even be a replacement book for Superior. Just my theory.

Or it could just be that Ock fully immerses himself into the Peter Parker identity and no longer even thinks about the fact that he was Ock in the first place.

If it is Peter coming back, it may be too fast when there's plenty more stories to explore with Superior.

I think it'd be good if it was an anthology title, at least. Because Peter's dead & gone in both 616 & Ultimate & he's not appearing in any other alternate universes or anything.

It could just be a mini-series... or maybe they'll continue the old numbering for 4 issues... or 6 issues... or however long the "made for trade" story that "Frost" is...

:csad:

Notice a pattern? Last time Peter Parker: Spider-Man was introduced as a title was the same issue Pete reclaimed the mantle from the replacement Spidey, Ben Reilly. I bet this will be the issue the real Peter comes back and replaces SpOck. Heck, it might even be a replacement book for Superior. Just my theory.

I had the same Theory a few posts ago...
lol

I was ben_reilly_s_s

Peter Parker: Spider-Man???
The last time Marvel started using this for a title was the issue where Ben "died"

That was my thinking as well...

What if it's just in the vein of Daredevil Dark Nights?

I have no idea what that is.

I was ben_reilly_s_s

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, cool, thank you.
I didn't realize that the first Mini ended...

I was ben_reilly_s_s

I wonder if this will be in relation to that story about the sister of Peter Parker...

ok, cool, thank you.
I didn't realize that the first Mini ended...

I was ben_reilly_s_s

No hassle, the opening two issues have been really strong....then again Daredevil has been really strong in general of late

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"