Comics Peter Parker's Replica Parents.....

-"I Heard you dad! i'm trying to look for the video on YouTube... The Hell?! It's gone!!!"

Lol!

"This Video Has Been Deleted Per Request By Mephisto, Evil Deus Ex Machina."

So if Harry still did the fake parents thing, but has since then "forgotten" that Peter is Spider-Man...does he remember doing the fake parents thing? Cause he's gotta be pretty confused as to why he'd do something so evil to his good ol' buddy ol' pal if he doesn't know that they're the same person.

Does Kaine remember who he is? Would his DNA be altered so that a blood test wouldn't show that he's Peter Parker?

Everyone remembers that Spider-Man unmasked, but nobody remembers who was underneath that mask...does Peter remember Spider-Man unmasking? Cause he'd certainly know who's underneath, and thus wonder why nobody remembers. And I would think that Pete would set out to find out exactly why nobody remembers now.

No, because he didn't die.

So let me try to understand your convoluted, constantly derailing train of logic... the parents thing DID happen, but Harry doesn't remember.... however, Harry didn't die, because it did NOT happen.

Who's to say the parents thing did NOT happen, then? Because if Peter found out Harry was responsible for the fake parents plot, while Harry was still alive, he surely would have killed him himself.

Who's to say the parents thing did NOT happen, then?

People with common sense? Harry told Chameleon to do the parents thing long before SSM #200. Whether Harry is dead or simply alive in Europe is irrelevant, as it doesn't affect the fake parents plan.

I truly do not know why you guys find these things so difficult to understand.

They never shoulda re-booted it.
The end of The Final Adventure/Gathering of Five should have been the end of it.

Just let him appear in other titles.

Oh gawd! If there was one story i hate MORE thank OMD, it would have to be the Go5/Final Chapter. A 5th grader could have come up with something better. Though at least the art was somewhat enjoyable when JRJR was drawing.

This is where Spider-Man jumped the shark? LOL, I think you're a few decades late to that party.

Meaning that before this, I never had a problem with the Spider-Man stories (with the possible exception of the Ned Leeds reveal as the Hobgoblin, which was totally anti-climatic). Starting with the Repicant parents, I have had probably more complaints with the series than fond memories, like I had of the 70's & 80's run (the 60's I had to live through back issues)

BNDUnmasked.jpg

So this is how the world remembers the event huh?
Interesting...

But, um, isnt there tech that allows you to undo the scramble?

NOBODY REMEMBERS. ALL OF THE EVIDENCE WAS ERASED.

What the "People remember Spider-Man unmasking but don't remember who" bit actually means has yet to be explained. But as far as we know, right now, the mindwipe of Spidey's identity is the same as the mindwipe of the Sentry's existence.

People with common sense? Harry told Chameleon to do the parents thing long before SSM #200. Whether Harry is dead or simply alive in Europe is irrelevant, as it doesn't affect the fake parents plan.

I truly do not know why you guys find these things so difficult to understand.

*sigh*... I give up.

If Harry's death isn't certain, then who's to say any event from Spider-Man's last twenty years are certain? There's something called the butterfly-effect (no, not the Kutcher movie). One event can change the outcome of many other events. For the last time... If Harry had orchastrated Peter's robot parents scheme while he was still alive, then Peter as "I AM THE SPIDER!" psychotic he was, would have hunted down Harry and killed him himself. There's no way he would have said "Oh, he's in Europe. I'll just let him be." The guy was web-coccooning himself, going without sleep or food and acting crazier than a snake's armpit.

*sigh*... I give up.

If Harry's death isn't certain, then who's to say any event from Spider-Man's last twenty years are certain? There's something called the butterfly-effect (no, not the Kutcher movie). One event can change the outcome of many other events. For the last time... If Harry had orchastrated Peter's robot parents scheme while he was still alive, then Peter as "I AM THE SPIDER!" psychotic he was, would have hunted down Harry and killed him himself. There's no way he would have said "Oh, he's in Europe. I'll just let him be." The guy was web-coccooning himself, going without sleep or food and acting crazier than a snake's armpit.

That in a nutshell is why I didn't like the replicant parents (besides the whole bringing dead characters back). The whole "I AM THE SPIDER!" bat-@#%* crazy Peter. It wrote Peter so badly out of character and was merely capitalizing on the whole Dark Knight trend of the time. And it led into series of other problem stories that seemed to eventually culminate in OMD.

*sigh*... I give up.

I'm well aware of what the butterfly effect is, but let's keep in mind that that's a theory, not a scientific law.

Whether or not Peter would have hunted down Harry after getting the "Gotcha" message is arguable, which in of itself is pointless because you're arguing over a hypothetical. In any case, the revelation that Harry was responsible for the android parents only made Peter more reclusive and cold, not bloodthirsty.

I'm well aware of what the butterfly effect is, but let's keep in mind that that's a theory, not a scientific law.

Whether or not Peter would have hunted down Harry after getting the "Gotcha" message is arguable, which in of itself is pointless because you're arguing over a hypothetical. In any case, the revelation that Harry was responsible for the android parents only made Peter more reclusive and cold, not bloodthirsty.

The "butterfly effect" is part of Chaos Theory, and that's pretty damn solid. I think you're mixing up the scientific use of the word "theory" with its everyday usage. For instance, there's a big difference between saying you have a theory why your car won't start and the General Theory of Relativity, which is used in modern physics as our current gravitational model.

By saying that the butterfly effect is "just a theory," you're basically saying it's only as solid as gravity. :oldrazz:

The "butterfly effect" is part of Chaos Theory, and that's pretty damn solid. I think you're mixing up the scientific use of the word "theory" with its everyday usage. For instance, there's a big difference between saying you have a theory why your car won't start and the General Theory of Relativity, which is used in modern physics as our current gravitational model.

By saying that the butterfly effect is "just a theory," you're basically saying it's only as solid as gravity. :oldrazz:

But in regards to time travel, the butterfly effect--like time travel itself--is a purely hypothetical science.

NOBODY REMEMBERS. ALL OF THE EVIDENCE WAS ERASED.

What the "People remember Spider-Man unmasking but don't remember who" bit actually means has yet to be explained. But as far as we know, right now, the mindwipe of Spidey's identity is the same as the mindwipe of the Sentry's existence.
There's the evidence... People remember it happen... They just don't remember the guy... So does that mean that whenever Peter's in the suit and he takes off his mask does he get a magic scramble effect on his face so People don't remember who he is?
That makes Venom Useless... "We must kill... Whoever ther hell is beneath the Spider-mask!"

I'm guessing that the explanation will be something along the lines of... "It's magic... NO explaining to do... you'll learn to like it... Don't look back, look forward into a brand new day!"

It's not even the mind wipe that bugs me. It's the editors saying everything we've read still happened ALONG with the mind wipe. I mean does Peter Parker not find it weird everyone forgot who he was. Does Daredevil not find it odd that Spider-man has the same voice, heart rate, and mannerisms as Spider-man? Did Mary Jane get retconned to become so dumb she can't realize Peter Parker is Spider-man, even though she originally found out because she saw Spider-man sling out Peters bed room? And did she forget that she was dating Spider-man and Peter Parker at the same time, yet can't remember they were the same person? And the symbiote can't remember the genetic signature and DNA of it's original host, yet can still give Gargan Venom powers? It's ******ed.

It's not even the mind wipe that bugs me. It's the editors saying everything we've read still happened ALONG with the mind wipe. I mean does Peter Parker not find it weird everyone forgot who he was. Does Daredevil not find it odd that Spider-man has the same voice, heart rate, and mannerisms as Spider-man? Did Mary Jane get retconned to become so dumb she can't realize Peter Parker is Spider-man, even though she originally found out because she saw Spider-man sling out Peters bed room? And did she forget that she was dating Spider-man and Peter Parker at the same time, yet can't remember they were the same person? And the symbiote can't remember the genetic signature and DNA of it's original host, yet can still give Gargan Venom powers? It's ******ed.

exactly... They're insulting our intelligence...

There's the evidence...

No, there is no evidence; it was all erased. Again, I refer back to the Sentry.

It's the editors saying everything we've read still happened ALONG with the mind wipe.

Just because you don't remember something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Sloth7d said:
Did Mary Jane get retconned to become so dumb she can't realize Peter Parker is Spider-man, even though she originally found out because she saw Spider-man sling out Peters bed room? And did she forget that she was dating Spider-man and Peter Parker at the same time, yet can't remember they were the same person?

In all likelihood, MJ still remembers everything.

And it's not as if people can't figure out Spidey's identity all over again. There's nothing to stop Daredevil from reading Peter's vitals, Spider-Man's vitals, and then putting two-and-two together. They may have forgotten now but they can always find out again.

If people Remember the unmasking, but don't remember the guy behind the mask... it does not mean that it did not happen... but wouldn't that raise a few red flags... I'm just talking on average joes level here, not Doc Strange, Chuck X and guys with cosmic awareness, Magic mumbo jumbo, or high psychics level...

I dunno but The unmasking was what like 3 months ago? (616 time) so people have that event fresh in their minds, yet THEY don't remember the guy... That's freaking big news!!! It even affected our continuity... It's not every day that Spider-man reveals himself to the public... that's almost like killing Superman, or Cap America... The magnitude of said event goes beyond dimensions... Why aren't people investigating? The people of the 616 have the fricking web, newspapers, TV... He unmasked in front of the media... Now there ARE NO RECORDS of Spidey's ID... Was he magically deleted from the SHRA list too?

How come doc Strange, and the others with enough awaereness in magic and cosmic stuff haven't felt the rippling effect of the retcon?

It still is not a Sentry-esque retcon... Marvel's creative team said it themselves... The unmasking happened, but the people only forgot who was behind the mask, not the unmasking... and the past 20 years happened with some "mild" changes (Pete & MJ= Not married, Harry's alive) with the Sentry people forgot EVERYTHING about the Sentry and the void... so it's not the same

Still...it is a RECENT event that people remember happening yet can't remember the unmasking specific part.

So, everyone on the planet is well aware, since they can remember PART of it..and not the rest. So they all know that their minds are swiss cheesed.

So, everyone should be actively searching out the answers to the mindwipes in their own titles. Or the heroes don't care they've all been wiped at all...??!!

No, it's been more like a year, probably in the range of 10-15 months.

No way! It's been close to 15 months real-time!! In Marvel time it's been a couple months at MOST. They even stated in one of the back-in-black issues that Peter had unmasked a "few weeks ago." You are clearly pulling that 10-15 month number out of a hat. If you look at the events and how concentrated they were (civil war, falling out with Tony, staying at a motel, Aunt May getting shot and deal with Mephisto) it seems to take place over a month, maybe two at most.

In any event, Peter could have unmasked a decade ago and people would still remember an event that "crashed the entire internet" as JMS described in the issue in which Peter unmasked.

This whole BND thing is just based on a crappy premise. Sure, good stories may come out of it, but unless they explain all the holes it will remain fundamentally flawed.

You are clearly pulling that 10-15 month number out of a hat.

Hence the word "probably."

A: TI depicts the Civil War as happening "several months ago" and I remember an issue of Captain America putting the events of the SHRA, the Civil War, and Cap's death all within about a year.

JJJ's Ulcer said:
This whole BND thing is just based on a crappy premise. Sure, good stories may come out of it, but unless they explain all the holes it will remain fundamentally flawed.

So if we get a straight answer as to when Aunt May's house was rebuilt, or why Pete has lost his Other powers, that will suddenly make BND more appealing? :whatever:

So if we get a straight answer as to when Aunt May's house was rebuilt, or why Pete has lost his Other powers, that will suddenly make BND more appealing? :whatever:

I think "less irritating" is all anyone's hoping for with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"