Xbox "Phantasy Star Universe" FREE BETA!!

imdaly

- Part 12
Reaction score
Holy $*#^!!

www.thegamefeed.com said:
Sega is giving Xbox 360 and Phantasy Star Fans a once in a lifetime treat. They have announced that on October 11th they are offering Xbox 360 owners with a Gold Live account an exclusive Open Beta for Phantasy Star Universe. The download will only be available on October 11th and 12th, and you’ll be able to play online until the 18th. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to get a first look at the online multiplayer mode of this anticipated RPG.

PhantasyStarUniverse.jpg

From the downloadable Beta Test, you’ll be able to choose between four races and make a custom character any way you please. Change your character’s body shape, dimensions, hairstyle, color, facial features and more. Go to the lobby to meet your friends or make new ones to join your pack. Up to 6 gamers can clan together and embark on missions exploring three beautiful planets: Parum, Neudaiz, and Moatoob.

But remember, this download is a Beta, so it’s not all fun and games. For those not familiar with a Beta, this means the download Sega is providing is still incomplete and may have bugs. This will not be the same as the final version that is set for release on October 24th. If you find any issues with the game, head over to the beta site and log it in so that it won’t make its way to the retail version. So login, play, and report.
Source: http://www.thegamefeed.com/news-c6d9bcead7af8944c45319edef125dbf.html

This is awesome news! :up:

ARGH!!!!

Just saw this while reading the beta site:

We apologize, but the BETA release dates have changed. The release date will no longer be Oct 11th, but should see release very soon after. Please watch this page, as well as our Official Phantasy Star Universe forums for more information. Thank you for your patience, we look forward to seeing everyone online very soon!

Source: http://phantasystaruniverse.com/news_beta.php

:(

They better hurry up! The game releases October 24th, so they don't have much time to fit a beta in for this if they wait much longer.

Kalit said:

You're right... I guess I missed that amidst all the AWESOMENESS!

Read the updates & it looks like the beta will be available this weekend. The end date is still the 18th they should change that thanks to this delay

The beta is online. Its pretty good it has alot of people playing it

I played it for about an hour. Got some raging large black character to lvl 5 and quit.

It's definatly not worth the 10$ a month or whatever they're planing on charging.

I'll be starting it up tonight, are the servers linked at all? IE: Anyone want to play?

Although I'll probably get the PS2 or PC version (No fee or MS points required plus the PC and PS2 servers are linked).

In general I liked the game. But it is definitely not worth it to pay any type of monthly fee. Now if the PS2 version has online free play like Zenien says then hmmm

Zenien said:
I'll be starting it up tonight, are the servers linked at all? IE: Anyone want to play?

Although I'll probably get the PS2 or PC version (No fee or MS points required plus the PC and PS2 servers are linked).

All 3 versions (PC, PS2, and XBOX360) have the same $9.99/month fee.

XBOX360 servers are seperate from the combined PS2/PC servers.

imdaly said:
All 3 versions (PC, PS2, and XBOX360) have the same $9.99/month fee.

XBOX360 servers are seperate from the combined PS2/PC servers.

Is there no one pay option for a year ? I wouldnt mind that but monthly I mind

I'll find the official announcement, but I'm 99 percent sure the fee is only for the 360. PS2/PC versions were announced free a while ago.

Zenien give me your gamertag and I'll think about it. I just downloaded it.

You need Gold to play online, though...:o

Zenien said:
I'll find the official announcement, but I'm 99 percent sure the fee is only for the 360. PS2/PC versions were announced free a while ago.

Go right to the link I gave in my last post, from the official game site.

Q: What is a Game ID? Is it interchangeable with a Gamer Tag?
A: The Game ID is for PC and PS2 users. You can grab one from PlaySega.com, and use it to play on both the PC and PS2. PSO BB users can also use their old Game ID to purchase a GUARDIANS License. Gamer Tags are created when you set up your Xbox Live account. Both Silver and Gold Xbox Live accounts can purchase a GUARDIANS License.

Q: What is a GUARDIANS License?
A: A GUARDIANS License is a monthly subscription service that allows you to go online to play Phantasy Star Universe. It costs $9.99/month (in US Dollars). Your credit card will be billed automatically every month on the same day as when you registered.

Q: Can I buy a GUARDIANS License with a Silver Xbox Live Account?
A: Yes, you definitely can!

So as you can see, EVERYONE has to pay $9.99/mo if they wish to play the game online. If for some reason they only want to play offline, nobody has to pay any monthly fee.

And just as with FFXI, you do not need to have XBOX LIVE Gold to play online.

What things are they up to? :o

I HAVE a gold account... technically. I just need to rememebr what it is.

Playing the game for about 30 minutes so far, I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed by the game. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a Phantasy Star noob, but I find the interface to be very very confusing. The game seems a bit laggy already, and it's really hard to aim while fighting, IMO.

I'm definitely gonna keep trying it out while it's free, but so far....mehhhh....

recover it via credit card # search.... NOW

oh, and pretty much everyone starts griding on each other, making people form lines to give "FR33 MONIESS!", huge migrations to other servers, etc.

imdaly said:
Playing the game for about 30 minutes so far, I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed by the game. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a Phantasy Star noob, but I find the interface to be very very confusing. The game seems a bit laggy already, and it's really hard to aim while fighting, IMO.

I'm definitely gonna keep trying it out while it's free, but so far....mehhhh....
There's an aim button :o

Played the demo for a while tonight. The lobby was petty damn active, I was surprised :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"