Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

T'Challa and General Ross are two totally different cases, to suggest they're on the same level is ridiculous

Boseman owned that role so hard that I don't blame anyone for the decision they made. Plus Wakanda is full of enough great, noble, charming, likeable characters that moving forward without him was a perfectly acceptable decision

They can bring in variant T'Challa after Secret Wars, but until then I wouldn't touch it
I think you missed my point!! Wasn’t comparing the two in as much as clarifying hat you said oversimplification!! I just didn’t understand to me it felt that the same people that wanted to not have role recast did a 180 and then sad they did!! Agree with Bozeman comment!! Man as awesome in all the roles I saw him in!! Hope we good!!

I think you missed my point!! Wasn’t comparing the two in as much as clarifying hat you said oversimplification!! I just didn’t understand to me it felt that the same people that wanted to not have role recast did a 180 and then sad they did!! Agree with Bozeman comment!! Man as awesome in all the roles I saw him in!! Hope we good!!
Just fyi, I was the one who made the oversimplification comment.

With Tom Holland's contract renewal, is Sony going to push Spider-Man 4 for July or December 2024? 2024 is already jam packed with 4 Marvel Studios films. With Sony, Madame Web is out early 2024 and Venom 3 most likely going to come out in 2024 too as well.

Feb - Madame Web
May - Captain America: New World Order
Jul - Thunderbolts
Sep - Blade
Nov - Deadpool & Wolverine
? - Venom 3

Is Blade getting delayed though with the director change?

Phase 1 and 2 worked without Thanos.
Only people who stayed until the credits rolled and watched Guardians Vol. 1 knew about Thanos.
Even in Phase 3 Thanos was absent until Thor: Ragnarök (also only for people who watched the post credit scene)

Phase 4 wasn’t missing a villain who gives a direction

Phase 1 and 2 worked without Thanos.
Only people who stayed until the credits rolled and watched Guardians Vol. 1 knew about Thanos.
Even in Phase 3 Thanos was absent until Thor: Ragnarök (also only for people who watched the post credit scene)

Phase 4 wasn’t missing a villain who gives a direction
It wasn’t Thanos himself but the gradual team up of a few heroes over a few films with the main event already in sight that gave it direction towards a short term goal. Phase 4 was more about rebuilding with many heroes new and old slowly without getting to the next stage of the rebuild or any early climax. There was no Avengers-like event to cap off Phase 4 like there was with Phase 1 and the demarcation between the phases seems more arbitrary for that reason, unless you consider Kang in Quantumania a scaling up and a reminder that a larger event will be on the way.

Interview with Feige about Phase 5 in general and the future.
Kevin Feige talks Phase 5, Kang, and the future of the MCU

He goes over a lot of things but one thing that caught my eye is that despite there not being news about another deal between Sony and Disney, he basically confirmed they currently are writing the next Spider-Man movie. So I guess we might hear something in the next few months about that.

Last edited:
Ouch. Phase 5 started its Eternals with Ant-Man 3!

Here's hoping Guardians 3 and Marvels are much better.

To be fair, none of us have seen the movie yet. Just it's evolving RT score. I liked Eternals, and that had a "rotten" score, so I don't much care about the score
I did though when I posted my message.

I only knew it got a rotten score, after I saw the movie several hours ago.

I did though when I posted my message.

I only knew it got a rotten score, after I saw the movie several hours ago.

Fair enough, but 1 user isn't exactly enough for any kind of consensus. Most of us wont see it until tomorrow. But if you were underwhelmed, then you were underwhelmed

Phas5 should be like this:
2023: Ant-Man, Nick Fury (Apr), Guardians of the GalaXy, Loki (Jul), Captain Marvel
2024: Agatha Harkness (Feb), Captain America, Thunderbolts, Blade, Ironheart (Oct), Deadpool

PhasiX
2025: Fantastic Four, Echo (Apr), Avengers, Daredevil (Jun), Spider-Man (Jul), War Machine (Nov)
2026: Shang-Chi (Feb), Nova (Apr), Avengers

I don't find Agatha and Echo getting their own shows necessary. While I can't believe Loki has outlived Black Widow, Iron Man and Steve Rogers, like Marvel Studios retire the character who wasn't even a superhero to begin with.

Phaseven
2026: Doctor Strange (Jul), Wonder Man (Aug), Eternals (Nov)
2027: Black Panther (Feb), X-Men (May), Captain Marvel (Jul), Blade (Nov)
2028: Fantastic Four (Feb), Avengers (May), Spider-Man (Jul)

Last edited:
With Tom Holland's contract renewal, is Sony going to push Spider-Man 4 for July or December 2024? 2024 is already jam packed with 4 Marvel Studios films. With Sony, Madame Web is out early 2024 and Venom 3 most likely going to come out in 2024 too as well.

Feb - Madame Web
May - Captain America: New World Order
Jul - Thunderbolts
Sep - Blade
Nov - Deadpool & Wolverine
? - Venom 3
With the recent rumours, I don't eXpect a Spider-Man 4 Home neXt year. Though its weird that Sony ain't fast tracking another Spider-Man movie and Far from Home will be 3 years by neXt year.

With the recent rumours, I don't eXpect a Spider-Man 4 Home neXt year. Though its weird that Sony ain't fast tracking another Spider-Man movie and Far from Home will be 3 years by neXt year.
It's probably cause they really want Tom Holland and he's using that as leverage for contract negotations since he wanted to take a break. My guess at the moment is December 2025.

It's probably cause they really want Tom Holland and he's using that as leverage for contract negotations since he wanted to take a break. My guess at the moment is December 2025.
I'd like to see a Spider-Man movie being the end of another saga. Though I prefer it to come out in July 2025 instead of December 2025.

Movies
2023: Guardians, Marvels
2024: Captain America, Thunderbolts, Deadpool, Blade
2025: Fantastic 4, Armor Wars, Young Avengers, Shang-Chi, Spider-Man
2026: Doctor Strange 2, Avengers, Midnight Suns, Hulk
2027: Eternals, Avengers 7

Series
2023: Secret Invasion, Loki, Echo
2024: Ironheart, Daredevil, Wonder Man
2025: Vision, Midnight Angels, Strange Academy
2026: Moon Knight
2027: Illuminati

Special Presentations
2023: Mephisto, Sentry
2024: Man-Thing, Silver Surfer
2025: Ghost Rider, Nova

I left out the guesses from that Reedit post. Yeah this sounds terrible. 5 movies for 2025 yet Kang Dynasty is delayed to 2026. A lot of special presentations are throwaways that could be used later in phase 8 and 9. The TV shows continue to be a random miX of ideas.

I don't want to see a movie for Young Avengers and Midnight Sun. The Nomad show feels unnecessary. Its been years since the Infinity Saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"