Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

I think the MCU is going to see more than 3 films per year on a regular basis. Typically the MCU puts out 2-3 films per year, Sony has had about 1 Marvel film a year and Fox had about 1-2 per year.

Could we really see a peak year with 6 MCU/MCU Sony films? That would be something like (Feb, May 1, June, July, November, December)

maybe you dont remember, but Marvel pushed back both Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans because they got Spiderman back.
Im not saying thats exactly what will happen with F4, but it all comes down to how much Feige is interested in F4 compared to new characters like Nova and the like. If he is a big fan of the F4 and has some ideas about how to introduce them since years ago, all he has to do is convince Bob Iger and we would get a F4 movie in 3 years lol.
Point being: we just dont know. Anything can happen.

Ehh. . . while you are right with Black Panther and Captain Marvel, I'm almost certain Inhumans was *not* pushed back for that reason. It was "pushed back" because Feige had absolutely not desire to actually make the movie, and only put it on the schedule to appease Perlmutter. If Spider-man hadn't happen, he'd have found another reason for it to be delayed.

At some point they're going to need to make more than 3 movies a year just to get all the content out they wanna make. They have the resources for it with Fox now. The question will be whether or not the audience will accept it. Otherwise projects will just sit on the sideline and never get made. Like where does Blade fit into all this? Feige said its part of Phase 5 but was it always part of Phase 5 or was it a last minute addition because Mahershala Ali personally called up Marvel and they fast tracked it into development. I still question whether or not Blade will actually happen.

Here's what Marvel fans waiting for MCU FF and X-Men general reaction to the news of Ant-Man 3 happening.
giphy.webp

:

Here's what Marvel fans waiting for MCU FF and X-Men general reaction to the news of Ant-Man 3 happening.
giphy.webp

:
And those fans are toxic as hell. Is this gonna be a thing anytime anything that isn't X-men or F4 gets announced? Feige's plans for the next 3 years are not gonna change. people need to accept that.

I respect Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios for trying to build outwards the IPs that are Marvel Comics and taking some risk in that regard.

Phase 4 honestly seems like a hold over Phase at this point while they figure out Phase 5. If Deadpool,X-Men and F4 all debut next Phase. Phase 4 is gonna look so weak in comparison lol.

Meh. I'm not surprised Rob Liefeld is really into this. I remember he was hyping Apocalypse and Dark PhoeniX, if I'm not wrong, probably because it was under the same studio as Deadpool.
He also defended Fan4stic around the time of release when the bad reviews started piling in.

Also his "significant superiority" description sounds so pretentious and wrong. Its not like all of the superheroes that appeared in Endgame are done and mcu is just gonna feature new faces. Thor and Hulk are still around. While Captain Marvel and Black Panther earned more money at the boX office than both Deadpool films.

Also his "significant superiority" description sounds so pretentious and wrong. Its not like all of the superheroes that appeared in Endgame are done and mcu is just gonna feature new faces. Thor and Hulk are still around. While Captain Marvel and Black Panther earned more money at the boX office than both Deadpool films.

'Seniority'

I just thought it was an interesting observation. In some ways it's true, Reynolds is iconic in the role and played a large part in shaping the franchises success as a performer and with the writers. It's the only beloved Marvel franchise to happen outside the MCU in the last decade and with massive box office to boot. That's major credibility.

Apparently a deadpool announcement could be coming in a few days.

With this Ant-man report, I'm thinking there's a strong possibility of 4 films in 2022. There's just too many properties that seem ripe for that year. Aside from BP and Ant-man, there's still Guardians 3, Blade, Nova(rumor), FF, now Deadpool... Good lord.

Here's my 2022 slate.. Blade, BP 2, Ant-man 3, Deadpool 3.

Last edited:
'Seniority'

I just thought it was an interesting observation. In some ways it's true, Reynolds is iconic in the role and played a large part in shaping the franchises success as a performer and with the writers. It's the only beloved Marvel franchise to happen outside the MCU in the last decade and with massive box office to boot. That's major credibility.
Everbody in the mcu headlining their own film is iconic though. Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, is not a rare case. Outside the mcu, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is as popular as him. He's not gonna enter a franchise that desperately needs him to have sort of "seniority" over the rest.

All Liefeld meant was that Ryan first played Wade in 2009, which means that he's been in that role longer than ScarJo, Hemsworth, Renner, Ruffalo, etc. with Jackson being the only actor still in the MCU to be in their role before him. It doesn't matter much given how he was portrayed in that movie and the 7 year gap until the next appearance, but there isn't really more to read into.

giphy.webp

:

Not me. I'm a bigger X fan than anything else in the comics but I love the character setup and action of the Ant-films and I have high hopes that the third will be the one that finally gets the story done right - and if it does it will probably be one of my favorite mcu movies.

With this Ant-man report, I'm thinking there's a strong possibility of 4 films in 2022. There's just too many properties that seem ripe for that year. Aside from BP and Ant-man, there's still Guardians 3, Blade, Nova(rumor), FF, now Deadpool... Good lord.

Here's my 2022 slate.. Blade, BP 2, Ant-man 3, Deadpool 3.
There’s enough stuff flying about and in the works that I think they will have to move to 4 films a year soon.

Reactions: m2k
All Liefeld meant was that Ryan first played Wade in 2009, which means that he's been in that role longer than ScarJo, Hemsworth, Renner, Ruffalo, etc. with Jackson being the only actor still in the MCU to be in their role before him. It doesn't matter much given how he was portrayed in that movie and the 7 year gap until the next appearance, but there isn't really more to read into.
There isn't a big seniority between 2009 to 2010, 2011 and 2012... when he has only appeared in like 3 films as Deadpool. In his first film as Deadpool, he was there for like ten minutes, as the Deadpool in the climax was played by another actor.

The actors you mentioned have been appeared in way more Marvel films in their respective mcu role. So I don't agree with this "seniority" when the actors in the mcu clearly have done more work, have appeared in way more films in the same role, despite not debuting in film in 2009.

Also, the actor played Thunderbolt Ross is reportedly going to appear in Black Widow.

Last edited:
There isn't a big seniority between 2009 to 2010, 2011 and 2012... when he has only appeared in like 3 films as Deadpool. In his first film as Deadpool, he was there for like ten minutes, as the Deadpool in the climax was played by another actor.

The actors you mentioned have been appeared in way more Marvel films in their respective mcu role. So I don't agree with this "seniority" when the actors in the mcu clearly have done more work, have appeared in way more films in the same role, despite not debuting in film in 2009.

Also, the actor played Thunderbolt Ross is reportedly going to appear in Black Widow.

I agree with you. I was just explaining what Liefeld meant because you and Kuwolski were seemingly taking that to mean something like he would be the only returning big name, or he would be the most successful character left, neither of which are what Liefeld said, even if what he says has little meaning regardless.

And yes, Thunderbolt Ross has appeared in 3 movies since 2008 and seems to be returning in the future as well. And if Pepper, Happy, Betty or Coulson appear again then them too. And Paul Bettany of course has been there since 2008 as well.

Ant-Man 3 and no F4 or X-Men in sight. Yes, I am annoyed. I guess I'm a toxic fan :shrug:

If there is one Phase 4 movie I have next to no interest in, it's this- right alongside Widow. Marvel dragging their feet with this slate imo. I'm excited for all of the Disney + material besides Loki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"