Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Phase 4 honestly seems like a hold over Phase at this point while they figure out Phase 5. If Deadpool,X-Men and F4 all debut next Phase. Phase 4 is gonna look so weak in comparison lol.

No it won’t? Why do the actual movies not matter as opposed to the name brand?

You were totally one of the ones who screamed at the sky for two years in the early 2010s that Guardians was a guaranteed flop and waste of time.

Shang-Chi and Eternals are guaranteed billion dollar smash hits. Black Widow is a guaranteed billion.

No it won’t? Why do the actual movies not matter as opposed to the name brand?

You were totally one of the ones who screamed at the sky for two years in the early 2010s that Guardians was a guaranteed flop and waste of time.

Shang-Chi and Eternals are guaranteed billion dollar smash hits. Black Widow is a guaranteed billion.

LoL no i wasn't. I was actually excited for Guardians. Its not just me who has concerns with Phase 4. Many fans here have already pointed out how Phase 4 is lacking that big Avengers esq movie. Thats why it was so important that a new Sony/Disney deal was made. Even Disney knew that without Spider-Man in the phase 4 lineup it looked weak. Having Spider-Man back hypes up everything else.

I'm sure all three movies will do fine. But the only one I would pencil in for a billion would be Shang- Chi, and I'm not certain of that. Some beloved MCU films - including both Guardians, Winter Soldier and Ragnarok - didn't crack 10 figures.

Because if that was announced at Comic-Con. It has a logo and everything. They didn't give that treatment to any of the other rumored projects. That is why we think it is Blade.

Man, Avenger5 is gonna feature more new faces to an Avengers film than Infinity War, isn't it:

Black Knight
Blade
Eternals
Fantastic Four
Kate Bishop
Moon Knight
Mutants
Shang-Chi
She-Hulk

I'm curious how their direction for the next X (10) years is going to look like.

Man, Avenger5 is gonna feature more new faces to an Avengers film than Infinity War, isn't it:

Black Knight
Blade
Eternals
Fantastic Four
Kate Bishop
Moon Knight
Mutants
Shang-Chi
She-Hulk

I'm curious how their direction for the next X (10) years is going to look like.

I don't think it will be quite so packed as that. I think the Eternals - like the GotG will mostly exist in their own space at first before appearing in crossovers further down the line. Blade and Moon Knight will probably be off in their own mystic/dark corner of the MCU, Kate Bishop will be part of the Young Avengers as opposed to the main team and I don't even expect F4 or X-men to have appeared by the time A5 comes around.

I think they'll want to go for as tight a team as possible for Avengers 5. Something like:
  • Falcon
  • Captain Marvel
  • Doctor Strange
  • Black Panther
  • Spiderman
  • Ant-Man
  • The Wasp
  • She-Hulk
  • Shang-Chi
  • Valkyrie

Hmm I doubt they are gonna exclude Blade and Moon Knight. They might not be in Avenger5, but I really doubt they are going to be excluded because Marvel wants mystic/darker heroes to be separated. All of them would eventually appear in an Avengers film. This reminds me of the "Marvel Knights" branding people are asking for, which imo, isn't gonna happen either.

Hmm I doubt they are gonna exclude Blade and Moon Knight. They might not be in Avenger5, but I really doubt they are going to be excluded because Marvel wants mystic/darker heroes to be separated. All of them would eventually appear in an Avengers film. This reminds me of the "Marvel Knights" branding people are asking for, which imo, isn't gonna happen either.

I'm sure they'll cross over eventually, but not straight away. Phase 4 and 5 will be about broadening the MCU beyond just the Avengers franchise. Not every character will need to be included in every future Avengers film, there are too many at this point. There'll be other crossover events, crossovers will become more fluid so it won't be a huge loss for a hero if they're not in an Avengers flick.

And you know instead of Valkyrie, I'd probably swap her out for Ms. Marvel. If her show is coming out in 2021 an appearance in Avengers 5 in 2023 or 24 isn't too early. I think Disney will really want to highlight how important the Disney+ shows will be to the MCU. So I reckon getting in streaming characters like She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel into the Avengers early will be a must.

I don't think everyone would appear in Avenger5 as they might to save the others to AvengerSix or AvengerSeven, especially if those are gonna be like the IW/EG of the 2020s. But I can't wait to see who will appear in Avenger5.

I really don't want to see any legacy character of the o6 in the next Avengers. Like I prefer Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel and the others headlining about a solo film. But it seems the rise of legacy characters is inevitable. the thought of Jane Thor, Ms. Marvel, Falcon, Kate Bishop, Yelena and Iron Heart replacing the o6 in the Avengers is just dreadful to me. The only one I want to see in the team like as an Avenger is She Hulk. I just hope they don't take away importance from the solo film headliners and the non legacy characters.

I don't think it will be quite so packed as that. I think the Eternals - like the GotG will mostly exist in their own space at first before appearing in crossovers further down the line. Blade and Moon Knight will probably be off in their own mystic/dark corner of the MCU, Kate Bishop will be part of the Young Avengers as opposed to the main team and I don't even expect F4 or X-men to have appeared by the time A5 comes around.

I think they'll want to go for as tight a team as possible for Avengers 5. Something like:
  • Falcon
  • Captain Marvel
  • Doctor Strange
  • Black Panther
  • Spiderman
  • Ant-Man
  • The Wasp
  • She-Hulk
  • Shang-Chi
  • Valkyrie

I agree.

I don't think the next Avengers movie will be a massive crossover event. And I don't think it should be. Keep it with a small scale to develop more some other characters.

But I do wonder how they'll handle the next Infinity War type of event. They did a great job mixing 10 different franchises in IW, but only GoTG was an ensemble. The other 9 were solo heroes. Now there are more ensemble in the MCU. GoTG has 7+ characters. Eternals seems to have at least 10 in the roster. Then there's Fantastic Four. I don't know how many mutants we'll see until the next big event, but I believe at least 12 (at least). Then the solo heroes like Panther, Parker, Carol, Shang-Chi, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Strange, Thor and Blade. Also the non solo heroes like Wanda, Falcon, Bucky, Valkyrie, Hulk, War Machine, Hawkeye, and others. And there are more rumoured ensembles like Dark Avengers, Young Avengers and A-Force. Plus the Disney+ heroes that have been confirmed to make appearances on the big screen.

God knows how they'll manage all that.

Does anyone think Ant-Man 3 could do some major setup for Young Avengers? Obviously Cassie is a member of that as Stature, but also both Scott and Hank have at times led initiatives to lead a new generations of heroes with Future Foundation and Avengers Academy respectively. Would they do something like that in the MCU for the YA at any point? Or should the YA be on their own and not under adult supervision at any time?

Does anyone think Ant-Man 3 could do some major setup for Young Avengers? Obviously Cassie is a member of that as Stature, but also both Scott and Hank have at times led initiatives to lead a new generations of heroes with Future Foundation and Avengers Academy respectively. Would they do something like that in the MCU for the YA at any point? Or should the YA be on their own and not under adult supervision at any time?
There’s a recent rumor being floated around about that actually.

RUMOR: 'Ant-Man 3' May Introduce the Next Generation of 'Avengers' - MCUExchange

There’s a recent rumor being floated around about that actually.

RUMOR: 'Ant-Man 3' May Introduce the Next Generation of 'Avengers' - MCUExchange
This makes a lot of sense. With them introducing so many of the other Young Avengers on Disney+ and Cassie being aged up to become Stature, it makes sense they'd do that here. And Cassie joining the "superhero business" would fit well with the Ant-Man franchise's family themes.
And you know instead of Valkyrie, I'd probably swap her out for Ms. Marvel. If her show is coming out in 2021 an appearance in Avengers 5 in 2023 or 24 isn't too early. I think Disney will really want to highlight how important the Disney+ shows will be to the MCU. So I reckon getting in streaming characters like She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel into the Avengers early will be a must.
I don't think we'll be getting Ms. Marvel in the Avengers anytime soon. She'll most likely be getting integrated into the Young Avengers lineup. It would be strange to have her on the adult's team when there is a team of all teens operating.

I think Shang-Chi, Sersei and Black Knight will be the new members in the next movie. They might pull She-Hulk in. But I don't think we'll going to have a huge cross-over of all these characters who aren't Avengers members. For example, Dr. Strange isn't the type of character to join the Avengers. The next film, I predict, will be smaller-scale team-based action.

It feels like there's too much going on right now. I sort of feel like there's not a lot of focus. I hope I'm wrong. I haven't been let down yet, so I'm still hopeful.

This makes a lot of sense. With them introducing so many of the other Young Avengers on Disney+ and Cassie being aged up to become Stature, it makes sense they'd do that here. And Cassie joining the "superhero business" would fit well with the Ant-Man franchise's family themes.

I don't think we'll be getting Ms. Marvel in the Avengers anytime soon. She'll most likely be getting integrated into the Young Avengers lineup. It would be strange to have her on the adult's team when there is a team of all teens operating.

I think Shang-Chi, Sersei and Black Knight will be the new members in the next movie. They might pull She-Hulk in. But I don't think we're going to have a huge cross-over of all these characters who aren't Avengers members. For example, Dr. Strange isn't the type of character to join the Avengers. The next film, I predict, will be smaller-scale team-based action.

Ms. Marvel can appear in both Avengers and Young Avengers. I think they've got big plans for her to be the new young face of the MCU.

Sersi and Black Knight will crossover with the Avengers eventually, but currently the Eternals are doing their own thing. I think it will be more of a Gotg type situation where they hold off on that crossover for longer.

Doctor Strange will absolutely be in the next movie though. You don't hire Benedict Cumberbatch, feature him in four MCU movies and then leave him out of the first big team up movie of the new era.

Ms. Marvel can appear in both Avengers and Young Avengers. I think they've got big plans for her to be the new young face of the MCU.

Sersi and Black Knight will crossover with the Avengers eventually, but currently the Eternals are doing their own thing. I think it will be more of a Gotg type situation where they hold off on that crossover for longer.

Doctor Strange will absolutely be in the next movie though. You don't hire Benedict Cumberbatch, feature him in four MCU movies and then leave him out of the first big team up movie of the new era.
I am more than confident that Marvel cares enough about the integrity of their characters to not force them into places they don't belong. Marvel does not need Cumberbatch to sell Avengers, we haven't even seen how the Infinity War bump will affect Strange's individual popularity.

Sersei's interest in wanting to live among the humans and help them has been repeatedly highlighted throughout the Eternals preproduction process. I think this is clearly setting up her joining the team and it would make sense to bring Black Knight with her. Both are longtime Avengers mainstays. And Kit can cover the "instantly recognizable white British heartthrob" box in lew of Cumberbatch.

I am more than confident that Marvel cares enough about the integrity of their characters to not force them into places they don't belong. Marvel does not need Cumberbatch to sell Avengers, we haven't even seen how the Infinity War bump will affect Strange's individual popularity.

Sersei's interest in wanting to live among the humans and help them has been repeatedly highlighted throughout the Eternals preproduction process. I think this is clearly setting up her joining the team and it would make sense to bring Black Knight with her. Both are longtime Avengers mainstays. And Kit can cover the "instantly recognizable white British heartthrob" box in lew of Cumberbatch.

Featuring Strange in the next Avengers movie wouldn't be forcing him somewhere he doesn't belong. He's already worked with the Avengers in two movies, three if you count Ragnarok.

I completely agree that Sersi and Black Knight will become Avengers mainstays. But just not right now. We both seem in agreement that the next Avengers film should be smaller in scale. Ergo I think they will be focusing more on the characters who are more natural immediate fits i.e the preestablished newer characters like Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Spiderman etc. and from the new heroes the more earthbound ones with immediate connections to the Avengers like She-hulk and Ms. Marvel.

Featuring Strange in the next Avengers movie wouldn't be forcing him somewhere he doesn't belong. He's already worked with the Avengers in two movies, three if you count Ragnarok.

I completely agree that Sersi and Black Knight will become Avengers mainstays. But just not right now. We both seem in agreement that the next Avengers film should be smaller in scale. Ergo I think they will be focusing more on the characters who are more natural immediate fits i.e the preestablished newer characters like Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Spiderman etc. and from the new heroes the more earthbound ones with immediate connections to the Avengers like She-hulk and Ms. Marvel.
Working with the Avengers against the greatest threat the world has ever faced, that directly involved him via the Time Stone, does not equal joining the Avengers. We both agree the next movie should be smaller in scale. That necessitates that Strange should stay out of it. It is both consistent with his character and what is established about the sorcerers that he would not be answering the Avengers' call unless he deems it absolutely necessary.
Please no. I dont see Harrington as an avenger somehow..
You don't introduce Black Knight and then NOT have him join the Avengers.

Working with the Avengers against the greatest threat the world has ever faced, that directly involved him via the Time Stone, does not equal joining the Avengers. We both agree the next movie should be smaller in scale. That necessitates that Strange should stay out of it. It is both consistent with his character and what is established about the sorcerers that he would not be answering the Avengers' call unless he deems it absolutely necessary.

At the end of the day, when talking about the biggest movie franchise of all times story and marketing have to meet in the middle. That's the reality. Cumberbatch is one of Hollywood's biggest stars and they've been building Strange up over the past three years as one of the MCU's tentpole characters. There's just no way he isn't involved in the next Avenger's flick. They'll find a way to work him in.

It feels like there's too much going on right now. I sort of feel like there's not a lot of focus. I hope I'm wrong. I haven't been let down yet, so I'm still hopeful.
A lot of the newer heroes are probably gonna be around til phasix or phaseven.

While I can see them phasing out the Hulk, Spider-Man, the original Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye before the end of phase five.

I just don't want to see a Thunderbolts or a Young Avengers film before the mutants, the Fantastic Four and the characters that would be rebooted that appeared in Marvel TV shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"