Dark Phoenix Phoenix must be destroyed!" The Official Lilandra Thread

BMM

Superhero
Reaction score
The Shi'ar Empress makes her debut!

Last edited:
Really curious to see what they do with this character. Could be quite different from all the other characters we've gotten so far.

We may get a completely different actress, I think they couldve thrown Chastain name out there simply because she was in talk a la Rosario Dawson not getting the role of Cecila Reyes. I just look forward to whomever they cast in the role.

Personally i don't see them getting into any romance with Xavier, i could see that being a layer they take out.

Personally i don't see them getting into any romance with Xavier, i could see that being a layer they take out.

i doudt that will be in film especilly since she is called villain of film.now with report saying film opens with alien ship crashing at mansion maybe she presents herself as victim to get close and gather information and they might playing homage for them to get close a bit before she shows why she is really on earth.

I love Jessica and I wasn't the only one who thought they'd cast her as an older Jean instead, her intensity can carry the character more than Lilandra. I'm curious what they do with her.

Last edited:
The mere fact that Chastain is a redhead and that we are talking about Simon "F4ntastic" Kinberg, I have a terrible feeling that they're going with a "I'm your mother" type of story.

The mere fact that Chastain is a redhead and that we are talking about Simon "F4ntastic" Kinberg, I have a terrible feeling that they're going with a "I'm your mother" type of story.
Whose mother, your saying Lilandra is going to be Jeans mother? Im still hoping she is indeed in the role of Lilandra.

Whose mother, your saying Lilandra is going to be Jeans mother? Im still hoping she is indeed in the role of Lilandra.

No, I'm insinuating in a very complicated way that Kinberg is going to make Lilandra Jean's mother (Which I hope never happens, and could be an incredible long shot, but wouldn't really be surprised if it happened)

No, I'm insinuating in a very complicated way that Kinberg is going to make Lilandra Jean's mother (Which I hope never happens, and could be an incredible long shot, but wouldn't really be surprised if it happened)
That's what I said lol. I dont think they are going that route though, like I dont see a inkling of that happening so no worries.

I just wish they hired Angelina, Jessica Chastain just doesn't look like a villainous person and a regal empire lord to bring life to the role. Miscast.

DGLboljVoAEzWC2.jpg

I just wish they hired Angelina, Jessica Chastain just doesn't look like a villainous person and a regal empire lord to bring life to the role. Miscast.

same could be said about Halle as the goddess Storm, but we had her. same with Anna as Rogue.

Actors act, you know.

Well...Jean Grey and Xavier are essentially omnipotent in the X-Men franchise...which is why every movie has to come up with a gimmick to incapacitate them so the others have something to do.

Eliminating Jean Grey from the movies will give other mutants a chance to do something instead of standing on the sidelines.

I'm kind of interested in how they are going to ground Lilandra. How would you do it?

I would make the starjammers like a modern day hellfire club, a secret cabal of very powerful mutants who deal with other mutants who become too dangerous. What do you think?

Just rewatched Crimson Peak, and damn Jessica is so good in a otherwise forgettable film. Especially during the second half, she does some pretty damn impressive work. Definitely well cast for Lilandra.

I'm kind of interested in how they are going to ground Lilandra. How would you do it?

I would make the starjammers like a modern day hellfire club, a secret cabal of very powerful mutants who deal with other mutants who become too dangerous. What do you think?

Ultimate Lilandra.

Just rewatched Crimson Peak, and damn Jessica is so good in a otherwise forgettable film. Especially during the second half, she does some pretty damn impressive work. Definitely well cast for Lilandra.

She's so good in everything and yeah great casting. She was born for a comic book role

Ultimate Lilandra.

Yeah I can see that too but hopefully they don't do that cult of Phoenix thing though

Jessica is good in everything except for Huntsman. She was sleepwalking there.

I wonder if we will see the imperial guard? It might be too many people if they have x-men and acolytes. Still, it's a shame to miss that opportunity

I actually have a theory that they'll add some Emma frost elements to her and make Lilandra the principal of a rival school to Xavier's. She might even have her hellions

I can't wait to see what she looks like in costume...hopefully some concept art comes out soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"