Pics! Cinema in Photos. - Part 6

Jaws
6a0168ea36d6b2970c017c316f683f970b-600wi

Charlton Heston poses with Stephan Boyd on a scooter while shooting in Rome for the epic classic, BEN-HUR, 1959.

KNmIH6q.jpg

A special effects artist on the set of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, prepares his work in between takes on an actor, 1968.

1LPAY2P.jpg

Actress Kim Hunter in full make up looks through a camera on the set of PLANET OF THE APES, 1968

ERCA8EM.jpg

The cast of Milos Forman's ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST at Oregon State Hospital, Salem, Oregon where they filmed, 1974.

fjLhN5M.jpg

Tim Curry getting his hair done just right, ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, 1975.

ZI8scr9.jpg

Jim Henson with his creation Kermit in between takes of the opening scene of THE MUPPET MOVIE, 1979.

[YT]pyKYusP81rY[/YT]

F3mLa1W.jpg

Creator and Executive Producer George Lucas, Director Irvin Kershner and Darth Vader actor David Prowse in costume on the set of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, 1980.

GZ9yIEf.jpg

John Rhys-Davies and Harrison Ford holding a plywood cutout to create the a shadow for the scene in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK where they find the ancient artifact, 1981.

KySjQUs.jpg

Steven Spielberg plays around with the animatronic of the title character on the set of E.T., 1982.

ZWflUWd.jpg

A young and at the time relatively unknown Leonardo DiCaprio with a puppet used in the film CRITTERS 3, 1993.

qS5pcUI.jpg

Effect techs prepping for the scene where the Angel of Death envelops a town, from the early horror movie Faust, 1926.

pzXQd9d.jpg

Stan Laurel, with a blackened eye, and Oliver Hardy during a break in the filming of “Towed in a Hole,” directed by George Marshall, 1932.

y5CWfMF.jpg

Greta Garbo and John Barrymore while filming Grand Hotel in 1932.

V9FuUup.jpg

Hitchcock directing Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine in Rebecca, released in 1940.

6LtyLff.jpg

Orson Welles directing Citizen Kane in 1941.

r6rhBYO.jpg

Animatronics and puppetering effects while filming Gremlins, 1984.

dE6m59l.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Grace Jones taking a break while shooting Conan the Destroyer, 1984.

YGpqU2N.jpg

Filming miniatures that will be added to other elements to complete the finale sequence of Aliens, 1986.

tTcZNsZ.jpg

Bob Hoskins has to fake reacting to his animated co-star on the set of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, 1988.

1GRDZSZ.jpg

A bloody day's work for Tim Roth and Harvey Keitel while making Reservoir Dogs, 1992.

kNLvlnb.jpg

The Devil’s Advocate (1997)

oqB6p6q.jpg

Lillian Gish (front right) poses for a picture with an extra prior to a scene in the film The Wind in 1928.

sbrfDBC.jpg

Crew members preparing to shoot a scene with Gary Cooper (sitting) for the film Sergeant York in 1941.

kMWbsRZ.jpg

John Wayne takes a break to talk with his wife Pilar Wayne and his daughter Aisse Wayne while filming The Alamo in 1960. Interesting note, this films budget went over badly and Wayne paid for all the extra filming and overtime pay to the cast and crew himself.

pqcI5V4.jpg

Claudia Cardinale goofing around during filming of The Professionals in 1966.

sSTxxh8.jpg

Sigourney Weaver getting in the space gear used for a scene in Alien in 1979.

v0sj62b.jpg

James Remar and Michael Beck take a break while filming The Warriors in 1979.

nMYLr69.jpg

A special effects crew member working on the car for the film Blade Runner in 1982.

vUziCbL.jpg

The entire cast of Aliens celebrating Al Mathews birthday after a difficult day of shooting. Mathews said of this moment "“My fondest memory on Aliens was this: We were trying to get my whole squad into the APC as quickly as possible. Man, we must have done ten takes, on the very last take, we got it right. Once we were all in, in a military manner, we had the take in the can. Suddenly the door opened and I shouted, ‘What the (bleep) is going on?’ I was tired and I knew the opening of the door would screw the sound and we would have to go again. I turned towards the door with smoke coming from my nostrils. There was Miss Weaver holding the biggest birthday cake I had ever seen in my life, and wearing the warmest smile ever! The whole cast and crew knew it was my birthday, and they were all in on it. I was so embarrassed, I broke down and cried. There was Sgt. Apone, bawling like a baby.”

xCy0dwf.jpg

Kevin Peter Hall taking off his costume on the set of Predator in 1987.

ED643Kd.jpg

Director Michael Mann talking about the upcoming scene with Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro for the film Heat in 1995.

0mGOjLj.jpg

Jack Lemmon, Marilyn Monroe and director Billy Wilder prepare for a scene in Some Like It Hot in 1959.

inqVVTY.jpg

Richard Burton chats with Elizabeth Taylor while her daughter Liza Todd sits in her lap during filming of Cleopatra in 1963.

1DDuoG7.jpg

Director Mel Stuart having a moment with Gene Wilder and Peter Ostrum prior to filming a scene in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory in 1971.

qhJAA6S.jpg

Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris take a break while filming The Way of the Dragon in 1972.

J8VaBR8.jpg

Mel Brooks and Cleavon Little discussing an upcoming scene on the set of Blazing Saddles in 1974.

D6YcCmU.jpg

Christopher Reeves being hoisted up for a scene in Superman in 1978.

vKveiQK.jpg

Director David Zucker (center) tells Robert Hays how he wants him in the next scene while Leslie Neilsen and Julie Hagerty look on during filming of Airplane! in 1980.

yo243Lw.jpg

Brian De Palma prepares Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio for a scene in Scarface in 1983.

4wWoUM0.jpg

Jean Reno and Natalie Portman goof off with confetti to celebrate the end of filming Léon: The Professional in 1994.

FMhe9Q7.png

Christian Bale and director Mary Harron laugh between filming American Psycho in 2000.

N8hUpL4.jpg

The Life and Death of Peter Sellers (2004. HBO Film)

TheLifeAndDeathOfPeterSellers.jpg

My Dinner with Hervé (2018. HBO Film. Same director as "Hitchcock")

8c1f76f294c5568495b0c6f07090985e_800_420.png

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)

Tux4.jpg

Inglourious Basterds (2009)

yAEGVjk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"