Pictures of A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n8k79aqVIr1qg8i80o2_1280.jpg
:hubba:hubba want!

That's a maniped picture of Ray Park in the Snake Eyes costume from the first G.I. Joe flick. Between takes with the visor removed.

Who are they pandering to? It's not like there's tens of thousands of readers demanding Thor be turned into a woman.

Who are they pandering to? It's not like there's tens of thousands of readers demanding Thor be turned into a woman.

Tens of thousands, maybe not. Enough of them willing to scream very loudly about wanting:
1. More female heroes, especially in the top tier.
2. ANY transgendered characters. Because, you know, they're all under-represented and crap.

Marvel and DC should just make completely new characters to represent the VERY SMALL but extremely loud LGBT community, instead of changing established characters. I'm not saying they're shouldn't be LBGT superheroes, just get your own. That goes for racial and religious minorities as well. I'm a person of multiple ethnic backgrounds, as well as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Where's my superhero? And if the idea was just to have someone else wield Mjolnir for a while, why not Sif, or Valkyrie? And for that matter, Thor is a proper name, not a title. You can't be the new "Thor" like you could be the new Captain or something. Thordis or Theresa would be the correct feminine versions of the name Thor, by the way.

Tens of thousands, maybe not. Enough of them willing to scream very loudly about wanting:
1. More female heroes, especially in the top tier.
2. ANY transgendered characters. Because, you know, they're all under-represented and crap.

Marvel and DC should just make completely new characters to represent the VERY SMALL but extremely loud LGBT community, instead of changing established characters. I'm not saying they're shouldn't be LBGT superheroes, just get your own. That goes for racial and religious minorities as well. I'm a person of multiple ethnic backgrounds, as well as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Where's my superhero? And if the idea was just to have someone else wield Mjolnir for a while, why not Sif, or Valkyrie? And for that matter, Thor is a proper name, not a title. You can't be the new "Thor" like you could be the new Captain or something. Thordis or Theresa would be the correct feminine versions of the name Thor, by the way.
This is beyond ridiculous. The new Thor is just a publicity stunt. Exactly like the Death of Wolverine is, the Death of Superman was, Dick Grayson is the new Batman was, Doc Ock becoming Peter Parker, etc, etc. This time it just happens to be a woman "replacing" a male character. Not only that, but Thor will still be around, so you still have your precious character.

This is beyond ridiculous. The new Thor is just a publicity stunt. Exactly like the Death of Wolverine is, the Death of Superman was, Dick Grayson is the new Batman was, Doc Ock becoming Peter Parker, etc, etc. This time it just happens to be a woman "replacing" a male character. Not only that, but Thor will still be around, so you still have your precious character.

Exactly. I'm just sick of these moronic publicity stunts ALL THE TIME! Can we please go a year without having to suffer through some ridiculous attempt at raising sales? You want more readers? Tell better stories.

Exactly. I'm just sick of these moronic publicity stunts ALL THE TIME! Can we please go a year without having to suffer through some ridiculous attempt at raising sales? You want more readers? Tell better stories.
I was talking about this being ridiculous,
Marvel and DC should just make completely new characters to represent the VERY SMALL but extremely loud LGBT community, instead of changing established characters. I'm not saying they're shouldn't be LBGT superheroes, just get your own. That goes for racial and religious minorities as well.
I was not talking about the Thor change, or any of the latest events or changes that comic book companies do at least once a year to try and increase sales. This is nothing new at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"