First Avenger Pictures of Cap Costume, Wings anyone?

Or, you could use something called "gravity". Or put the shoulder pads under the shirt.

Frankly, I think these "realistic" or "practical" explanations for the suit really make little sense. The suit was always designed to be symbolic. Just say, "I designed the suit to be symbolic".

I'll never understand the idea that superhero costumes need elaborate explanations when there are often simpler explanations right in the source material.

Don't get me wrong I have no great distaste for the shoulder pads, but I find it interesting that shoulder pads are included, perhaps in the name of realism, when portraying a character in WWII. Were shoulder pads standard issue to GIs in WWII? Do shoulder pads stop bullets or deflect shrapenel. The straps are there to explain the red midrif stripes, and to me the shoulder pads are only an excuse for the straps. Seems kind of round about thinking to me.

I'm with you re. elaborate explanations for super-hero costumes, the costume is integral to the genre it's a given, the only requisite explanation is around the motif, i.e. why is a bat Bruce Wayne's inspiration and why is the Stars and Stripes inspiration for Captain America.

You are seeing a still shot between takes.....ever wonder how it will look as he travels down the road at 90 miles an hour with bombs and bullets flying.....

I see what you were saying in some of the other threads now.

*sighs... this will keep happening for the next year. lol.

JAK®;18903283 said:
When I look at the costume, I don't think "there's no red on it"

When I look at it, I think "Hey, cool. That looks like Captain America!"

I must be doing it wrong. :dry:

When I look at it, I think "Hey, cool. That looks like Captain America!"

I must be doing it wrong. :dry:

Ahhhhh......but if it's truly successful shouldn't your thought be ...."Hey, cool. That is Captain America!":cwink:

This is what I want the costume to look like towards the end of Captain America and during The Avengers.
capam6largeusewwii.jpg

Manip made by cas.​

Honestly, I like the original concept art better for a live-action version. Those scales, wings and boots are still a bit too goofy.

Afan said:
Ahhhhh......but if it's truly successful shouldn't your thought be ...."Hey, cool. That is Captain America!"

Yep, I agree.... and i'm sure thats how we'll all feel when we ACTUALLY get to see Evans. I don't blame the costume if a stocky stunt man doesn't inspire me to sing hallelujah.

When I see the concept art, I definitely think that IS Cap, and I have faith that when we see Evans either posing in an official movie still or the trailer, we'll get that same vibe.

Yep, I agree.... and i'm sure thats how we'll all feel when we ACTUALLY get to see Evans. I don't blame the costume if a stocky stunt man doesn't inspire me to sing hallelujah.

When I see the concept art, I definitely think that IS Cap, and I have faith that when we see Evans either posing in an official movie still or the trailer, we'll get that same vibe.

I had the same feeling, and I believe the illustrations were based on Evans, however there have been changes made to that concept art, the question is will they illicit a....."that looks like Captain America" level of acceptance.

I'm going to wait until I see a proper, promo pic of Evans in the suit before I try to draw any serious comparisons between the movie suit and the concept art suit. It's simply too hard to tell from those stunt photos.

I'm going to wait until I see a proper, promo pic of Evans in the suit before I try to draw any serious comparisons between the movie suit and the concept art suit. It's simply too hard to tell from those stunt photos.

True no serious comparisons/conclusions are possible til we get the promo pic, but it's not hard to tell there have been changes made(wings being a personal favorite, the inclusion of grey a personal minus).
I was very happy with the concept art's design, but the changes that are evident in the stunt photos have put me back to square one.

There was a pic around here of an action figure back a couple months ago about the same time the concept pictures came out and it had the grey sholder straps. So that was already in the works.

There was a pic around here of an action figure back a couple months ago about the same time the concept pictures came out and it had the grey sholder straps. So that was already in the works.

I missed that........I think there's grey on the legs also.....

........visible on the back of the leg..............

and.....cough...........

at the crotch.........and.....

a hint here again at the back of the lower leg.

I had the same feeling, and I believe the illustrations were based on Evans, however there have been changes made to that concept art, the question is will they illicit a....."that looks like Captain America" level of acceptance.

Well....who else is it supposed to be? :O

I missed that........I think there's grey on the legs also.....

........visible on the back of the leg..............

and.....cough...........

at the crotch.........and.....

a hint here again at the back of the lower leg.
Very Ultimate.

Other than those straps I'm not seeing any grey.

It doesn't really look Ultimate, other than the inherent similarities that this and the Ultimate costume shares with the 616 outfit.

JAK®;18905219 said:
Other than those straps I'm not seeing any grey.

It doesn't really look Ultimate, other than the inherent similarities that this and the Ultimate costume shares with the 616 outfit.
well there are the inherent similarities and then there are the shoulder stars, gloves, boots, and helmet which are all there in the ultimate suits and not the 616 suits (helmet is debatable i guess)

well there are the inherent similarities and then there are the shoulder stars, gloves, boots, and helmet which are all there in the ultimate suits and not the 616 suits (helmet is debatable i guess)
The stars I'll give you, but the boots aren't anything like the ones on this costume and the gloves aren't that similar either. The helmet takes inspiration from the Ultimate costume but it's made to look more like the 616 cowl.

JAK®;18905246 said:
The stars I'll give you, but the boots aren't anything like the ones on this costume and the gloves aren't that similar either. The helmet takes inspiration from the Ultimate costume but it's made to look more like the 616 cowl.
they're "red" leather in both as opposed to red on the 616 suit.

I like the grey.

Now....is that a stunt action figure?

they're "red" leather in both as opposed to red on the 616 suit.
The Ultimate costume is just as red as the rest of the suit, and the boots are lace-up instead of straps like the movie.

See, I even like the way the costume looks on that action figure better than the stunt pic, so I'm happy with the costume. If I can dig it on a plastic figure, i'm sure Evans will blow me away

Maybe they can film all the stunts in miniature using the action figure.

It would have to be a tall action figure though, because we all know Cap should be at least 6 ft ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"