Pitch ideas for Superman solo

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If you could pitch scenes or a plot or even an idea for MOS2 then I would love to see your ideas on what scenes you would want: they can be any scene whether it be a fight sequence...a mid credits scene or a post credit scene or even a plot or a story for a sequel what would you do?

My idea would be to not make any more Superman movies, relegate him to supporting cast as a mentor figure for the younger heroes.

A Brainiac storyline can span more than one movie, including a Supergirl movie. This can tie the Supergirl and Superman movies together and can explore the extent Brainiac infiltrates Metropolis and the world. Then it can tie back to the Bottle City of Kandor and Supergirl's connection to it when Metropolis is also taken by Brainiac. Also can explore the many sides of Metropolis (where we see the workings of the city: the politics, crime, corruption, all the villains etc) before it comes under threat.Then how Metropolis is worth saving no matter how corrupt and riddled with crime it is. Could even move on to a New Krypton type storyline, to show how the Kryptonians adapt, involving Supergirl and Superman in all this.

7a80bebc43dd7e6c64fa906d9dec1014.jpg

I would make a movie similar to the BTAS episode with all the villains sitting around the table telling stories.

It would reboot the character by telling stories from the first three years of his career so we see an evolution. There are various threads going through several stories setting up the sequel.

I would make a movie similar to the BTAS episode with all the villains sitting around the table telling stories.

It would reboot the character by telling stories from the first three years of his career so we see an evolution. There are various threads going through several stories setting up the sequel.

They could set up a number of Metropolis villains in one movie. We can see how they are all operating at the same time, some working together, how they work with corrupt politicians, police, government etc. as well as Lex Luthor's ties to them.

Mongul "I had him cornered in a stone Quarry, and then i threw a planet at him"
Incredulous Stares from the other players
Mongul "What?... It was a big Planet..."

Y'all need to start with the character arc/s, then build the movie around that.

IMHO the only way to relaunch Superman is to put him in the second Shazam movie vs Black Adam with a reasonable budget (not more than 120m). Could be an intelligent way to reintroduce Superman making money.

IMHO the only way to relaunch Superman is to put him in the second Shazam movie vs Black Adam with a reasonable budget (not more than 120m). Could be an intelligent way to reintroduce Superman making money.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened. But Shazam vs Black Adam might take a while, since first we have Shazam 2 and the first Black Adam movie.

I don't know man. With the entire Shazamily, i don't know if Superman is needed in the inevitable Black Adam showdown. I suppose if they reveal their identities to Superman and he's like "go home you could die fighting this dude". He gets his ass beat by Black Adam and they show up anyway to defeat him.

Yeah Superman isn't a necessity for the Shazam universe especially since

there are so many in the Shazam! family already introduced

but they could use a Shazam cameo to introduce a new actor for Superman (or re-introduce him if they want to confirm Cavill is sticking around.)

Superman was used well in the "Return of Black Adam" animated movie storyline but since Billy Batson has already been established (with a different backstory to that movie), Superman can't be used in the same way. But a slugfest involving him could be cool for the characters involved

eg Freddy Freeman fighting alongside his hero

Even a small cameo could be good for some Superman publicity. Then they could move on to...whatever they're planning to do with him.

Hey folks I wasnt sure where to post this but Im working on my own pitch for a Superman film and just curious if anyone is keen to take a look and have a read. Send me a private message if so.

If it is a reboot of some sort, I think they should focus on a more futuristic look for Superman and Krypton. Focus more on the sci-fi. For example, the way Krypton is depicted. In "Birthright" (which I am re-reading) I really like the overall more futuristic scif-fi design, which can then extend to Superman and general look and feel of the movie: the tech, on Krypton and in the Fortress (including the robots) and villains like Brainiac, as well as Lex and LexCorp.

937483-jor_el_02_lara_02_002_01_.png

3-page5.jpg

main-qimg-7cb802d1bf0052c309d080628fd567d1-c

tumblr_p8o5rfiGtY1qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

SUPERMAN: REBIRTH
Superman_Vol_4_1_Textless.jpg
A completely new cast, a different production design sense in terms of the Kryptonian aspects, and a very loose continuity to the previous films - he fought and killed General Zod, he died at the hands of Doomsday, and came back to life just in time to help the Justice League fight Steppenwolf a decade prior, and that's pretty much it for previously-established continuity barring whatever little details might be useful for this one. The plot would basically slap the first two Rebirth arcs together - the first half "Path of Doom" (Action Comics), the second half "Son of Superman" (Superman), anchored throughout with the story of a father and his young son as the former helps the latter cope with his own burgeoning super-powers, particularly after an ugly incident involving the family cat. Yes, that means that this movie would START with an epic throwdown against a second (and more Doomsday-looking) Doomsday with all of Metropolis at stake, in deliberate contrast to its finale with a much more intense, isolated and personal fight against the Eradicator (here an A.I. encoded in Zod's Command Key as a failsafe) for the fate of Clark's family and his son's future.

Last edited:
I'd use Darkseid as the villain trying to decode the Anti-Life Equation using human test subjects. The story could be there have been strange disappearances over the past year of some of the most brilliant doctors, scientists, mathematicians, etc. I'd introduce Intergang doing Darkseid's dirty work while Lois and Clark investigate the disappearances. The attempted kidnapping of Billion-Dollar Bates, who happens to be a friend of the President, is thwarted by Superman. Bates demands Superman's personal protection and after a second kidnapping attempt at Bates Mansion, Bates reveals he is the sole possessor of the Anti-Life equation, a fact that Steppenwolf accidentally discovered during Justice League.

I like Clark and Lois as investigative reporters, Lois getting in over her head, Supes coming in to save her. I'd love to see that classic Superman vs Kalibak fight as well.

SUPERMAN: REBIRTH
A completely new cast, a different production design sense in terms of the Kryptonian aspects, and a very loose continuity to the previous films - he fought and killed General Zod, he died at the hands of Doomsday, and came back to life just in time to help the Justice League fight Steppenwolf a decade prior, and that's pretty much it for previously-established continuity barring whatever little details might be useful for this one. The plot would basically slap the first two Rebirth arcs together - the first half "Path of Doom" (Action Comics), the second half "Son of Superman" (Superman), anchored throughout with the story of a father and his young son as the former helps the latter cope with his own burgeoning super-powers, particularly after an ugly incident involving the family cat. Yes, that means that this movie would START with an epic throwdown against a second (and more Doomsday-looking) Doomsday with all of Metropolis at stake, in deliberate contrast to its finale with a much more intense, isolated and personal fight against the Eradicator (here an A.I. encoded in Zod's Command Key as a failsafe) for the fate of Clark's family and his son's future.

Good ideas in terms of continuity and moving forward.

As for Superman having a family, I think it would be good at some point. But I'd like to see Clark and Lois' relationship developed more before they have a family.

I like Clark and Lois as investigative reporters, Lois getting in over her head, Supes coming in to save her.

More of this classic stuff would be good- more Clark and Lois, more Metropolis, more investigative reporting.

More of this classic stuff would be good- more Clark and Lois, more Metropolis, more investigative reporting.
I thought about that - for my Rebirth idea, I figure Lois'd be the one trying to figure out just who in the hell created the second Doomsday - which would provide the perfect in-road for Sam Lane and CADMUS into the story; Doomsday II would have been the result of their own fooling-around with the Genesis Chamber on the Scout Ship. Subsequently, Doomsday II's escape from the Scout Ship would have been the cause of the Eradicator being reactivated, triggering an auto-repair mode that gets the ship airborne again just long enough to get it back to its original touchdown point in the Arctic, away from continued misuse by human beings.

- Of course in my solo:

The events of Man of Steel (2013), BVS (2016) and Justice League (2017) all tie in with Superman of course. No need to ignore those events because they are big events not just in Clark's history but also in the continuity of the whole fabric of the DCEU however I would use those events as a way to platform Superman into his own self-contained universe. Basically set 5 years to a decade after those events, Clark is basically trying to balance his life as both Clark and as Superman and of course is doing a great job at it until a new threat comes along. The new threat either being Brainiac or Metallo...of course I would throw in a small cameo from a DCEU character who we have not seen on the big screen at all ever before but a character who is a huge character. That cameo being Martian Manhunter but he would show up in this film more or less as a character in the background who more or less doesn't get involved in the fight but he basically watches Superman from a distance but J'onn he will be in his human form in this film but no one will know who he is at all until he turns into his Manhunter form but not until like the end of the film where he would basically interact with Clark one on one just the 2 of them by introducing himself to Clark Kent/Superman as Martian Manhunter which will basically tie into a "greater universe" that being the "shared universe".

Of course, Superman would interact with all of his self-contained characters too like Perry, Lois of course, Jimmy Olsen, etc.

Post credits would be like I said Manhunter and Superman coming face to face...2nd scene would be of explorers finding something in the Arctic and what they find...??? Nothing more than another Kryptonian ship...cue Supergirl's intro into the DCEU with the Superman theme music playing in the background. Fade to black.

If anything I love my idea well my pitch there it is...I dare anyone to do any better than that LMAO

It would be nice to see classic Martian Manhunter in the movies in some way. Detective John Jones.

Go the STAS route, write a good villain and explore him/her. Have Superman be the brick wall they run into.

I don't know if I should post my pitch sequel to MOS here, its my idea and I want to really pitch it, and not have anyone who might be seeing this from WB to steal it, you know.

But I gotta say, when it comes to writing Superman, any problems have never been correct. Because we've heard "he's too powerful so its hard to write him", and thats not true at all.

Its the pressure. Especially in movies, but its for all media, including comics. Because you might have great ideas, you just need to make a great story out of it, with those ideas executed well and justified; but when it comes to this character, no matter how much its justified, people will still rip it apart. Unjustly, unfairly, and its obvious what example I would use if you see my avatar, but thats the case for any version.

But back to the original point: I just don't know if I should post it. Its in treatment, so I'm taking it seriously, but its a damn story and it should be the next film. No question. But man do I want to pitch it for real.

I don't know if I should post my pitch sequel to MOS here, its my idea and I want to really pitch it, and not have anyone who might be seeing this from WB to steal it, you know.

But I gotta say, when it comes to writing Superman, any problems have never been correct. Because we've heard "he's too powerful so its hard to write him", and thats not true at all.

Its the pressure. Especially in movies, but its for all media, including comics. Because you might have great ideas, you just need to make a great story out of it, with those ideas executed well and justified; but when it comes to this character, no matter how much its justified, people will still rip it apart. Unjustly, unfairly, and its obvious what example I would use if you see my avatar, but thats the case for any version.

But back to the original point: I just don't know if I should post it. Its in treatment, so I'm taking it seriously, but its a damn story and it should be the next film. No question. But man do I want to pitch it for real.
Hey Binker I have seen you on the forum for years and understand you have a pretty decent knowledge and art skill for superman I'm curious if you would he interested in reading my pitch for a standalone Superman film. I believe its a unique take that could work on film. It comes with images also to help the reader understand the vision I'm going for.

Send me a private message if you are keen. Thanks.

Just make a movie where the central lead is Clark and not Supes and you have the most relatable superhero ever. Don't do what Tarantino said; Clark's the man, and Superman's the mask. I think the issue is too many times he's a simple farmboy who's already altruistic, and not a simple farmboy trying to be altruistic, that makes him feel too distant for people. That's why Reeve worked so well, and why Routh/CW's Superman fails for me.
If Cavill's not coming back, cast Justin Theroux. Anyone who's seen The Leftovers knows he'd be perfect. Only issue is he's too old now.

Just make a movie where the central lead is Clark and not Supes and you have the most relatable superhero ever. Don't do what Tarantino said; Clark's the man, and Superman's the mask. I think the issue is too many times he's a simple farmboy who's already altruistic, and not a simple farmboy trying to be altruistic, that makes him feel too distant for people. That's why Reeve worked so well, and why Routh/CW's Superman fails for me.

Good points.

His travels around the world with his journalism can be tied to his altruism. What he sees and experiences. (Like when he travels as a reporter to Africa in Superman: Birthright.)

Last edited:
I’m really pained to see WB have so little faith in Superman now. God I cant forgive Snyder

Anyways Heres my plot ideas for a variety of Superman movies:

Superman:The Star Games
The Earth is about to explode. To save the Planet Superman participates in a Cosmic game run by an all-powerful IMP-Lord Vyndtyx. If he completes 10 trials, he wins the game and the IMP heals the planet. If he loses, The IMP gets his soul and the earth is destroyed. The game is televised to the all of the earth and humanity watches Superman fight for their survival.

I have the idea of having the 10 trials be based off the Labours of Superman we have in the *ALL STAR SUPERMAN*comic.

Superman: Warworld
The People of Metropolis have been abducted to the Alien planet of War-world. It’s now up to Superman to transport them back to Earth. But this is easier said than done with Aliens like Brainiac and Mongul in the way.

Superman: King of Heroes
A New Generation of young Superheroes have appeared on the scene.

It is now up to Superman to protect and train this Heroes. Especially in face of a rising Supervillain army

Superman will lead the Legion of Superheroes against the Army that is the Legion of Doom

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"