Pitch me a movie! The solo ideas, storylines and concepts you want to see

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by AvegningSpider, Mar 28, 2016.

1. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

I think that no one has done this yet. But anyways, basically works like this.
    In here you can post how you think the movie and the entire saga should be done, storyline, characters, sequels and others.

2. harryoscop Registered

I think the first film should be a loose adaptation of Amazing Spiderman #13

Second film should be an adaptation of Last Hunt with Lizard instead of Vermin

Third fulm shou

3. CaptainWagner Searching (P) (he/him)

First Film: Mysterio as the villain. Set up Spidey's world. Establish Osbornes and Octavious as major players in the MCU. Mysterio serves as the flux point birthing the wave of costumed supervillains.

Second Film: Peter in black suit (Having gained it in Infinity War), Kraven as main villain with Lizard or Hobgoblin as the quarry. Follows Peter and Kraven's duel paths to madness. Peter is able to overcome and drive away the symbiote, while Kraven goes completely insane.

Third Film: Venom as the main villain. He kills both Octavious' wife and Captain Stacy. Flash comes home a war hero, minus his legs. Norman is set up to take over in a Dark Reign adaptation.

I'll go into more detail later, but that's my suggested plan for a first trilogy.

4. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

5. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

6. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

ya i was sure we had one and i said this before to folks in general they really need to at least go back a few pages from the main forum page just in the case there was a thread made and what not. I seen this more of a issue over in the sub forums pages where the subforums will only show 3 to 5 threads. But all the other threads that was made in that subforum go missing and you have to go in search to find them all.

7. BatsDC Side-Kicker

This seemed like the best place for what is essentially a movie pitch, so here goes. Warning - it's long!

[​IMG]

MAIN CAST:
    Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
    Marisa Tomei as Aunt May Parker
    Laura Harrier as Liz Toomes
    Tony Revolori as Manuel Arguelles
    Asa Butterfield as Harry Osborn
    Tiffany Espensen as Gwen Stacy
    Zendaya Coleman as Mary Jane Watson
    John Noble as Mendel Stromm
    Donald Glover as Herman Schultz / Shocker
    Jake Gyllenhaal as Norman Osborn
    Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes / Vulture
    Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man

SUPPORTING / GUEST CAST:
    Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson
    Charlie Rowe as Flash Thompson
    Jacob Latimore as Randy Robertson
    Sonja Sohn as Jennifer Toomes
    Natasha Lyonne as Emily Osborn
    H. Jon Benjamin as Mr. Raymond Warren
    Tracee Ellis Ross as Principal Anderson
    B.D. Wong as Curt Connors
    AnnaSophia Robb as Betty Brant*
    Ernie Hudson as Robbie Robertson*
    Peter Capaldi as J. Jonah Jameson*

Some character descriptions below, including an explanation for young Norman (beyond PBP's fantastic suggestion)
    Adrian Toomes is old. And grumpy. His marriage is on the rocks, he hasn't invented anythign worthwhile in years, and behind his back Norman is attempting to use his designs to spearhead a new project. After his job is taken from him and he is unable to provide for the only person he really cares about - his daughter Liz - Toomes uses a prototype suit to become the Vulture and attempt to take revenge on Norman. After accidentally killing Norman's wife, he attempts to flee New York, but is drawn out again after Shocker threatens Liz.

Norman Osborn is the CEO of Oscorp, and a very powerful businessman. Osborn married young and had his first, and only, child at the age of 20: Harry Osborn. Whilst his wife Emily sees Harry as the pride of her life, Norman sees him as a burden, and holding back the success he could have potentially had. He has connections everywhere, and no real moral compass; he bribes people, threatens people, steals from people - but does it all calmly and professionally. Osborn is willing to go to extreme lengths to get what he wants, but rarely gets his own hands dirty; instead, he employs others and relies on his business partner, Mendel Stromm, to partake in his more illegal endeavours. Osborn steals Toomes' designs and fires him, later wiping Toomes' records and severing his payment and retirement funds. After Toomes attacks Oscorp and accidentally kills Osborn's wife, Emily, Norman hires Herman Schultz to take out Toomes, both as an act of revenge and protecting his image.

Emily Osborn is kind, sweet, and caring. She looks upon Harry as the greatest thing in the world, and is more than welcoming of Peter to visit whenever he likes. Most importantly however, she seems to be the only person that Norman actually cares about... Which is exactly why she's killed in the Vulture's attack on Oscorp. Oops.

Herman Schultz is a sleazy mechanic, who developed some high-tech shock-creating gauntlets with which he robbed banks. Herman isn't necessarily evil - he's just lazy and doesn't really know what to do with his life. Norman Osborn offers him employment in return for taking out the Vulture - but when this opportunity also results in Spider-Man getting involved, Herman's hit becomes personal, taking the opportunity to both get a job by killing Vulture, and get revenge on Spidey. He is later arrested, but transferred to The Ravencroft Institute on Osborn's request.

Mendel Stromm is Norman Osborn's business partner and assistant. Stromm, who avoids public attention, deals with Norman's illegal matters, so as to protect Norman's image. Norman sees him almost as a fatherly figure, relying on him for advice and support. He is responsible for clearing Toomes' records from the company archives, and later for hiring Herman Schultz / Shocker to take out Toomes.

Liz Toomes is Adrian & Jennifer Toomes' daughter. She attends Midtown High School, and is in a majority of Peter's classes. Liz agrees to go the the Homecoming dance with Manuel in return for tutoring to raise her grades. After her father is revealed to be the Vulture, Liz begins to recieve negative attention, and in this time bonds with Peter, eventually learning his secret identity during his fight with her father, which she promises to keep. Peter asks her to the Homecoming Dance, but she says she can't, having already agreed to go with Manuel - but she does give Peter her number, which gets an amusing reaction from Stark.

And there you have it. Its rough - my pitch was about double the length and far more detailed. I've removed a Daily Bugle subplot and left out a majority of the Harry / Gwen stuff, which was essentially just them becoming closer after Harry's mom dies, because this was just meant to be an outline. :oldrazz:

The Bugle subplot isn't really necessary to the story, hence why the Bugle staff are listed with asterisks, since it could easily be cut - it was simply Peter wanting to help May with bills and so offering to sell photos to the Bugle. He takes photos at the Oscorp fight, but after Emily dies feels bad for Harry, so withdraws them.

Curt Connors also doesn't really need to be there, but given Peter and Manuel were competing for internship with him it seemed appropriate, and its more interesting than having a no-name scientist show them around.

Hope somebody reads any enjoys. :woot:

special thanks to SteamBust for the Spidey body in the image & a number of other people for some fantastic casting suggestions

#7 BatsDC, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  8. harryoscop Registered

Liz toomes? You mean "Liz Allen"

9. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Amalgamation. :o

10. harryoscop Registered

I actually really like it. :up: Lot of effort put into it.

11. MyDudeSpidey Marvel's

Holy **** bro, that was actually a really fun read! Great job! :up:

And I wouldn't mind seeing the Bugle stuff you cut out.

#11 MyDudeSpidey, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  12. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

[​IMG]

And to think I too was making my own basic blueprint for the film. :funny: Think you topped whatever I could come up with. But seriously, great job. :woot:

13. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Thanks man!
    Thanks! Yeah, I only really didn't include it because what was meant to be an outline was getting super long and I didn't think anybody would read it. :oldrazz:

Haha, thanks man! Would love to hear your ideas!

14. MyDudeSpidey Marvel's

Ah well, I would've.

BTW...really liked how you implemented Tony and Sam into the story. Felt natural.

15. CaptainWagner Searching (P) (he/him)

Great work, BatsDC! That's a great approach for Vulture, though I don't think I'd like it as the main plot. :woot:

16. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Thanks guys!

I probably wouldn't have Vulture as a main villain by preference either, but was going off of rumours. :oldrazz:

17. FanofFandoms Registered

I really like the story, and would be interested in reading the whole pitch. I have quibbles with some of the casting choices (I think Mary Jane should be a redhead and Gwen should be blonde) but I realize that progressives will be progressive and I should get used to these changes.
    If they do go with the Vulture, I really hope they incorporate the Falcon in some way similar to how you have done here.

18. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Thanks!

I was kinda imagining both with their traditional hair here - MJ having a vibrant dyed red and Gwen with ombre hair (similar to how Jaime Chung wears hers sometimes).

I think they'd be crazy not to establish some connection between Falcon and Vulture, so however they do it is a plus.

-------

Since a few people in here expressed interest in the longer pitch, I've spoilered it below. It's long, so be ready for some reading. Changed some fan cast options - only JJJ and Toomes (since we lost Keaton :csad: )

I've had to split this up because it was too long for one message. So yeah, it's that long

Part One:

MAIN CAST:
    Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
    Marisa Tomei as Aunt May Parker
    Laura Harrier as Liz Toomes
    Tony Revolori as Manuel Arguelles
    Asa Butterfield as Harry Osborn
    Tiffany Espensen as Gwen Stacy
    Zendaya Coleman as Mary Jane Watson
    John Noble as Mendel Stromm
    Donald Glover as Herman Schultz / Shocker
    Jake Gyllenhaal as Norman Osborn
    Bryan Cranston as Adrian Toomes / Vulture
    Tom Hanks as J. Jonah Jameson
    Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man

SUPPORTING CAST:
    Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson
    Charlie Rowe as Flash Thompson
    Jacob Latimore as Randy Robertson
    Sonja Sohn as Jennifer Toomes
    Natasha Lyonne as Emily Osborn
    H. Jon Benjamin as Mr. Raymond Warren
    Tracee Ellis Ross as Principal Anderson
    B.D. Wong as Curt Connors
    AnnaSophia Robb as Betty Brant
    Ernie Hudson as Robbie Robertson

We open to movie to New York City on a Friday, with police sirens sounding. We cut to a bank, where Herman Schultz - or "Shocker", as he calls himself - bursts out of a vault, a huge sack of money swung over his shoulder. On both wrists he has large, homemade shock-wave creating gauntlets, which he uses to blow a hole in the wall, allowing him to escape into the street. A police car approaches, but Shocker blasts it away with his gauntlet. As Shocker then ducks into an alleyway and runs, we hear a thwip - and Shocker is pulled backwards, sent flying into the air as Spider-Man webs him up. They briefly scuffle, ending in Spidey disabling Shocker's gauntlets and humiliating him in front of a gathering crowd, before he is arrested. Spidey quickly snaps a selfie with a webbed-up Shocker, before realising the time and swinging off. As we see him swing past the Avengers tower, the title – “Spider-Man: Homecoming" - is plastered across the screen, and the film's opening credits play over Spidey swinging as quickly as he can to Midtown.

Peter arrives, narrowly avoiding Principal Anderson in the corridor, before ducking into his biology class, 15 minutes late, where his teacher Mr. Warren berates him. Peter sits next to Harry, after which the class receive results from a test, with Peter getting a ‘C’. Mr. Warren, concerned for Peter's grades, suggests he receive tutoring from Gwen with Harry. Before the class ends, Warren reminds the class of an internship opportunity with Dr. Curt Connors, with the chosen student being selected during a field trip to Oscorp later in the week. Manuel, the smartest in the class, mocks Peter's falling grades, bragging that he will get the internship. After class, Peter, Gwen and Harry briefly converse, with Gwen agreeing to help tutor Peter as well, before Flash and his popular crowd arrive, and briefly make fun of Peter and Harry. Another popular student, Mary Jane Watson - or simply "MJ"; who Peter has a pretty major crush on - makes him stop, and they move on.

We then cut to Oscorp Tower, where Norman Osborn is in a meeting with his investors. This is the first time we meet him - he's 40, ambitious, scheming but charming. He has connections everywhere, and no real moral compass; he bribes people, threatens people, steals from people - but does it all professionally and with charm, always having an almost eerie calmness over him. After the government failed to gain control of the Avengers, Norman has begun developing 'the HAMMER project', an anti-terrorism unit, armed with the use of a powerful new, high-tech military grade exo-suit, based on prototype Falcon technology. Norman gives a monologue about how he’s “been on this planet for 40 years”, and has seen “countless instances of terror which we could have prevented”, inspiring enough to coerce support from his investors. One of Norman's potential partners - Tony Stark - arrives late, and after the meeting, expresses concern over the idea, since the designs belong to Adrian Toomes, who was absent from the meeting. Norman dismisses Stark, citing his failures with the Avengers as the reason for HAMMER needing to be created. Stark leaves, only for Toomes to eneter Osborn’s office shortly after, saying he didn’t approve the use of his designs; Osborn offers him a position as advisor, but Toomes refuses, citing a desire to work on new projects, before angrily leaving to pick up his daughter from school. Osborn then asks his business partner Mendel Stromm to arrange for Toomes' workspace to be cleared.

At the end of the school day, Peter and Harry walk out of school, when a smarmy Manuel briefly brags about Liz Toomes, a popular student, agreeing to go to the Homecoming dance with him. We're really starting to establish that Manuel is a bit of a **** here. Now we meet Liz - who here is reimagined as Adrian Toomes' daughter - who is being mocked by other students for agreeing to go to the dance with Manuel, but she assures them she only said yes in return for tutoring. She briefly speaks with MJ, who says Manuel isn't so bad - see, MJ is so nice - before Liz spots her dad's car, and heads towards it. This is where we first see Adrian - as a family man. He and Liz talk in the car, but it's clear that this relationship is strained - Toomes isn't on good terms with his family, and is constantly working, and so isn't able to relate to Liz easily. He encourages her to do well - typical concerned Dad stuff. We cut back to Peter and Harry, who are on the bus - and sat in front of Flash, who jokes about Manuel getting a date before Peter. One of Flash's friends, Randy, light heartedly joins in - but he's clearly a little nicer than Flash is. This is mildly relevant later on. At his stop, Peter gets off, and MJ does too, briefly speaking with him and asking why he doesn’t stand up for himself, before getting a phone call. Peter kinda awkwardly hangs around a bit here, before heading to his apartment.

Peter arrives home and speaks with Aunt May about school. May mentions receiving an email about the Homecoming dance, but Peter says he has nobody to go with. A lightbulb goes off in May's head, and she suggests Peter take her friend Anna's daughter - saying she has a wonderful personality, or something to that effect. Peter shrugs her off, and goes upstairs to study, turning on a police radio in his room to listen out. We then cut to Harry arriving at the Oscorp Tower, where Norman's penthouse is. He's met by his mother, Emily Osborn - also about 40, and the most likeable and caring woman imaginable. She's happy and smiley - basically everything Norman isn't. They talk about his day, and then Norman enters, coldly mentioning that Harry doesn't study hard enough, berating his grades. It's clear here that Emily is the parent who actually cares for Harry - Norman sees him as a burden. Which he does - Norman didn't want children as early as he had Harry, and believes he held him back.

That evening, we return to Adrian Toomes - who is speaking with his wife in their kitchen. It's clear that their relationship is on the rocks, and after a heated argument, Toomes storms out, only to be met by Manuel at the door, who's arrived to tutor Liz. We have an amusing scene here between the two, where Toomes clearly is unconvinced Manuel has arrived as a tutor, especially when he accidentally mentions taking Liz to the Homecoming dance. That night, Peter overhears May talking with her friend Anna over the phone, and expressing dismay at the bills they have to pay. Noticing the amount of views his photos as Spider-Man get online, Peter has an idea - we can foreshadow this even more by focusing on an issue of the Daily Bugle here. Peter looks up the number of the Daily Bugle, and makes a call; Robbie Robertson answers, and tells Peter to come around on Monday.

In the early hours of Monday morning, Adrian arrives at work, only to find his workspace has been cleared, with his designs missing. Toomes notices Stromm, and confronts him, with Stromm calmly trying to explain that Toomes is fired - but Toomes ain't having none of it. Pushing past Stromm, Toomes makes his way to Osborn's office, and angrily confronts him. Norman calmly explains that Toomes is no longer relevant - his only noteworthy piece of technology is used as "the plaything of a second-rate Avenger" - and that, in Oscorp's future, there is no Adrian Toomes. Insult to injury, Norman throws in a comment such as "your family already think you're worthless; staying here only proves that". Really ruffles Toomes' feathers, that one. (Sorry.) Could maybe have the “buzzard” line here like in TSSM, but not sure how that would play in live action. Anyway, Toomes storms out, swearing revenge on Osborn. Before he leaves, Toomes sneaks into Norman’s laboratory, and takes the prototype suit.

We then cut to Spider-Man foiling a car chase in the streets of New York, with his phone set up to take photos. He eventually takes the thugs out, and retrieves his phone, before swinging off to Midtown, arriving mid-way through Lunch, where Gwen and Harry are sitting together, with the former tutoring. Peter joins them, and soon after the topic of the Homecoming dance is awkwardly brought up by Peter. Before this conversation can really develop, Harry is called over by the Principal, after which Gwen admits to Peter that Harry asked her to the dance - as friends, she's quick to emphasise. ***hole Manuel then swoops in, sitting at the table with Gwen and Peter, and mocks Peter about getting turned down - even though that didn't really happen. Flash overhears this, and makes a scene out of things, mocking Peter in front of the hall - it’s clear here that Peter wants to react, but chooses not to. Flash eventually moves on. We also get a quick scene here where Harry is speaking with the Principal about his poor grades; his mom Emily shows up to the meeting - but not Norman (what an ***hole) - and acts supportive.

After school, Peter heads to the Daily Bugle, where, after nearly being turned away by the secretary Betty Brant, he is greeted by Robbie Robertson, who spoke with Peter on the phone the night before. Robertson introduces Peter to J. Jonah Jameson – an on-edge, generally agitated man, who has a habit of shouting too often. Peter shows Jameson his photos, but Jameson turns Peter away, saying that he'll need an actual camera for a job, mocking his phone in the process. Robbie catches him outside, saying that he recognised Peter’s name because his son goes to Midtown too. Robbie lends Peter a company camera, saying to come back again with some good photos. That night, Toomes arrives home late, and breaks the news of him losing his job to his wife, leading to another argument, which ends in Liz storming out of the house. Toomes goes to follow her, but his wife yells at him to leave her alone. Toomes retreats to his garage, where he looks at the prototype suit – and has an idea. He pulls out plans of the Oscorp Tower, and then enter a montage of him tinkering with the suit, with us seeing quick shots of him adding parts to it, and testing some blade-like weapons and laser-firing gauntlets, before we get a quick look at Toomes in the full Vulture suit from behind. Peter returns home, and Aunt May asks if Peter has a date yet; he says no – which May totally expected, because she then announces that she arranged for Anna's daughter to go with him, to Peter's dismay.

The following day the field trip to Oscorp takes place, with Curt Connors showing the class around. Peter & Manuel are obviously very excited, with the latter being a condescending *****e most of the time. Gwen admires all the equipment, speaking with Harry about what its like to live here. Harry clearly doesn’t appreciate the coolness of science (because why would he?) Meanwhile, Toomes parks his van a few blocks away, already suited up in his Vulture suit. He steps outside, and soars up in the air, flying towards the Oscorp tower, before firing a laser at the glass and smashing through, beginning to fire at Oscorp's technology and equipment. Alarms surge, and the class begin to evacuate. In the panic, Peter ducks into a bathroom, quickly changing into his Spider-Man suit, and engages Toomes in a fight, setting up a camera in the process. The fight takes them both in and outside of the tower, smashing through glass and floors of the building, with Vulture making his way up, and Spidey trying to bring him down. We get some cool quips and action here, with Spidey swinging Vulture out into the city at one point, only for Vulture to circle back after a brief scuffle in the skyline. Mendell warns Osborn that Toomes has attacked the building; Norman goes to find his wife, and tells her to escape. Vulture manages to shake off Spidey, who is hurled out of a window, and confronts Osborn in his office. Before Toomes attacks him, Spidey launches though a window, giving Osborn time to flee, and the two once again fight. As Norman evacuates, his wife Emily is accidentally shot by the Vulture's lasers from the floor above, mortally wounding her. Spidey damages the Vulture’s wing mechanism, causing the Vulture to retreat, his suit too damaged to continue fighting. Toomes blasts the ceiling and makes a getaway, whilst Spidey holds up a falling piece of debris from crushing Mendel. We can have a sorta visual reference to this panel here, without the water of course. Downstairs, Norman holds a dying Emily in his arms, before breaking down into a fit of anger. The only person Normy ever cared about just died, so **** is gonna go down. Some real scenery chewing goes on right here. We can end this sequence on a cliché shot of the tower, post-fight. Outside the police are there, checking everybody is alright. Peter arrives outside, with MJ asking if he’s ok and where he was. He kinda avoids her – not thinking MJ really wanted anything to do with him – and then goes to find Gwen and Harry, only to find Gwen, who tells Peter what happened to Emily. (News travels quick here, alright?) Manuel checks if Liz is alright; Liz dismisses him.

#18 BatsDC, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  19. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Part Two:

That night a concerned May speaks with Peter, who assures her he’s fine. Peter goes to his room and looks through the photos he managed to get – but then, thinking of Harry, decides to delete them, despite May needing the money. He lays down, blaming himself for not saving Emily, believing himself to have been reckless. The next morning, Harry sits in his penthouse, numbly looking out over New York. Norman walks in, and we get a hauntingly chilling scene between the two, where Noman comes off as particularly cold and harsh. Harry angrily shouts at Norman, yadda yadda, drama. Harry doesn’t attend school, Norman heads to his office. When he arrives, Norman orders Mendel to find someone to take out Toomes, then refusing to reschedule a meeting with an investor, despite his loss.

After school, Peter manages to track down Sam Wilson, who after the events of Civil War, is hiding out in New York. After a brief moment of hostility, realising that Peter isn’t working with Stark on the accords, Wilson agrees to dig out a file on his Falcon suit, revealing that Adrian Toomes designed it, and it was supplied by Oscorp. Peter thanks him and leaves, with Wilson having a little more respect for Spidey now. Meanwhile, at Oscorp, Tony Stark enters Norman’s office to discuss Norman’s HAMMER proposal, offering his condolences to Emily, before requesting to withdraw from the project, citing the attack as his reasoning. Stark leaves, and Norman walks over to a photo of Emily, which he looks at intensely for a while. Peter then heads to Oscorp, under the guise of going to see Harry, only to be met by Gwen, who says that Harry doesn’t want to see anyone; she’s already checked. They part ways, and Peter then sneaks into the Oscorp archives, looking for information on Toomes, only to find his files erased, except for a general employment record: then realising that Toomes is Liz’ father. On his way out he bumps into Stark, then having to awkwardly explain why he’s there. Peter says he believes Toomes’ work was stolen from him, and that he was the one who attacked Oscorp; an idea which Stark agrees with, saying he already believed that Norman was up to something, then revealing that he just placed a small monitoring device under Norman’s desk. Mendel informs Norman in his penthouse that he has bailed Herman Schultz out of jail, and offered him a job in return for taking out Toomes.

That night, Spidey heads to Toomes’ home, where he is frantically packing bags. Upstairs, Manuel is tutoring Liz, and awkwardly trying to flirt. She ain’t having none of it. Toomes rushes out to his garage, where he finds Spidey waiting for him. The two briefly speak, before Shocker blasts into the garage, taken aback by Spidey’s presence. In the brief moment of confusion, Toomes flees, and Spidey attacks Shocker, with Shocker deciding to take revenge on Spidey instead of carry out his mission. Upstairs, Manuel and Liz hear the noise, and rush downstairs, only to see Shocker and Spidey smash through a wall into Liz’s lounge. Manuel tries to act cool and get Liz to safety, which draws a surprised reaction from Spidey, who briefly mocks him, before being attacked by Shocker. After once again disabling Shocker’s gauntlets, Spidey swoops around and swings Manuel and Liz out of the house, telling them to call the police, and then telling Liz she deserves better. (Or maybe something less harsh; teasing of Manuel is the key here). Spidey stealthily walks back inside, only to find Shocker is gone. After this, Peter returns home, and sees on the news that Toomes is now publically known as a suspect in the attack.

The next day at school, Liz begins to be bullied by other students for her father’s actions; she sits alone at lunch, and Peter goes over to her. They bond, and we learn here that Liz is actually nicer than we all thought. Peter says he doesn’t think Adrian is a bad man; Liz agrees, blaming herself for his actions. MJ comes over and leaves with Liz, smiling at and briefly speaking with Peter. After school, Gwen heads to Oscorp, where she meets with Harry, who finally agrees to see her. The two speak, and Gwen comforts him. Some nice tender scenes here, where we see the two bond. The evening, Norman is shouts at Schultz in his office for failing to take out Toomes. Schultz protests that Spider-Man showed up, and then mentions Toomes’ daughter interfering – which gives Norman an idea. The following morning, Tony Stark arrives at the New Avengers facility, where he checks the recordings from the bug he placed under Norman’s desk – and overhears Norman’s plan. “****”.

We then return to Midtown, where it is the day of the Homecoming dance. The school is all nicely decorated, with the gymnasium set up as the venue. Peter is on the phone with Harry, who says he was sorry he didn’t return Peter’s calls. They talk for a bit before Peter enters his Biology class, and noticing that Gwen is also absent, sits next to Liz. Manuel notices this, but Flash mocks him for losing Liz to “the other nerd”, shutting him up.

Meanwhile, Adrian Toomes is in his van in an alleyway, looking down-in-the-dumps. Suddenly, he gets a call on his mobile, being told that Liz isn’t safe. Immediately, Toomes dives into the driver’s seat, and heads to Midtown. At break, Manuel tells Peter to back off of Liz, after which Liz confronts him for being an ***hat. Just as tension builds to a high, Shocker blasts in through a wall, and grabs Liz, firing into the air as he does so, causing the other students to flee. Peter ducks into a closet, quickly changing into his Spidey suit, before crawling through a vent, finding Shocker in the main hall – however, before either can attack, Vulture comes crashing into the room, looking pretty angry.

We have a tense standoff before a three-way fight ensues, with Liz eventually being caught by one of Shocker’s blasts, injuring her. Vulture goes into a frenzy, and starts firing recklessly, eventually sending Shocker flying. Noticing students are still present; Peter swings Vulture into a corridor, where the fight continues. As Shocker gets up, suddenly Iron Man soars into the hall, where he identifies Liz, and asks where Spidey and Vulture went. She points to the hallway, when Shocker suddenly fires at Stark, not wanting to lose his employment opportunity. As Spidey and Vultures fight continues, blasting through classrooms, Spidey tries to reason with Toomes, but Toomes believes him to be sent by Osborn too. They eventually crash into the gymnasium, smashing through tables and Homecoming decorations. Liz hurriedly follows them, witnessing the fight. Toomes notices her, and tries to dispatch Spidey, eventually slicing his mask. Liz shouts at Toomes, breaking him out of his frenzy, after which he explains that he didn’t do anything to be bad; he wanted to protect his job to continue to support her. After seeing the damage he caused, Toomes stands down, and Liz hurries over to an injured Spidey, seeing his face, discovering that Peter is Spider-Man. In shock, she hugs Peter, who jokingly asks her to the dance; Liz says she can’t say no to Manuel, despite everybody hating him at this point, but then saying she thought Peter already had a date. Peter’s confused, but before he can say anything, Stark enters with Shocker swung over his shoulder, briefly complimenting Peter, who puts on what’s left of his mask and swings away, taking Liz to safety outside. Manuel hurries into the Gym, only to be made fun of by Stark – “usually you save the girl before the fights over, kid.” Peter quickly changes, and snaps a photo of Stark and Shocker outside, which Stark throws up a peace sign for. Peter asks Liz to keep his identity secret; she agrees, and thanks him.

That afternoon, at Oscorp, Stark confronts Osborn, threatening to expose his actions. Norman threatens Stark back with secrets from Stark’s past, and then shows Stark his bug. Stark agrees to forget about it, asking Norman to restore Toomes’ credit on the HAMMER project, in return for his re-investment. As he goes to leave, Stark suddenly turns, and asks one more thing: make Peter be the one to get Connors’ internship. Peter returns to the Bugle, where he presents Jameson with the photo of Stark and Shocker, which he agrees to buy. An impressed Robbie remarks that he told Jameson “that kid has potential”. Toomes and Schultz are placed into cells at an NYPD station. At Oscorp, Gwen is still with Harry. She asks if he wants to go to the dance; he says no, and that he’d rather stay there. Gwen asks if he’ll dance with her there, and he agrees. We have a nice “aww” moment here, and we see Harry’s phone ring in the background – it’s Peter, although they don’t notice the call.

That night, Peter gets ready for the dance, which has been moved to the town hall at the last minute, thanks to a favour called in by Tony Stark. He again expresses concern about going with “Miss Wonderful Personality”, before the doorbell rings. Aunt May calls for Peter to open the door, and he slowly comes downstairs. Hesitantly, he opens the door – and to his shock, MJ is standing there. Taken aback, Peter goes to speak, but barely manages a voice crack, whilst MJ smiles, and says: "well Petey, looks like you just hit the jackpot". We end on MJ smiling, and then cut to the credits.

In a mid-credits scene, Norman arranges with Stromm for Toomes and Schultz to be transferred to the Oscorp-founded Ravencroft Institute after their trials, so as to keep a closer eye on them. He opens up a file, and then states he can’t risk further interference with his plans.

20. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Felt this was necessary again. Really liked the "new" additions, too!

21. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed

22. Tg11 Registered

For MJ I would go with Odeya Rush, Katherine McNamara or even Ella Wahlstedt

For Curt Connors I would go with Ewan McGregor and for J. Jonah I would go with Tom Hanks

23. Comicfan1993 Registered

Hi guys my name is Avi Arad I say add symbiotes

24. SpideyJJ Registered

Some of these ideas should be published as fanfiction at the very least, they sound genuinely interesting

25. AnneFan Hathaway #1

Mysterio as the villain would be my choice. Vulture wouldn't be a bad pick either.