Pitch me a movie! The solo ideas, storylines and concepts you want to see

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by AvegningSpider, Mar 28, 2016.

1. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Could work.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. :up:

That said, I'm still hesitant in regards to Gwen.

I'd definitely avoid retreating anything we've seen with her before, so I'd opt to go the route of punk Gwen from the Ultimate line should we see her again. Absolute no to death of the Stacys in any fashion. Do not care if some think they need to redo it because it wasn't "the way it should be". They were adapted and quite memorable in the eyes of the casual audience (which matter most). If people complained about seeing an origin story, they'd certainly complain about seeing the death of the Stacys adapted again (also to anything Goblin related).

Let some new life shine through this series when it comes to Spidey's storylines. There are MANY to choose from and going back to the oldies just because some are considered classics (with all due respect to those) is not just the same 'ol same 'ol but it leaves the impression that Spidey's world isn't as deep as its made out to be.

Edit: If they plan to adapt the Sinister Six again, let it happen organically this time around please.

• Raimi's series never had the chance for a Sinister Six because most of the villains were killed off.
    • Webb's series could've done the Sinister Six properly, but they rushed into it far too quickly causing the disappointment that was TASM2 overall.
    I absolutely love the Sinister Six (very happy to own the Premiere hardcover) and feel that they're the best course of action now that Spider-Man is MCU bound, as he doesn't have to fight 'em alone, so I want to see them done right.

#51 PeterBenParker, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  2. sl500jazz chasin' the blues away

I wouldn't want to see the Death of the Stacy's again either, but I wouldn't mind seeing Gwen again in a sequel...utilized in a different fashion of course. Initially, I wanted Ultimate Gwen, but after reading SMLMJ and speculating on the direction they may be taking with Mary Jane (with perhaps Zendaya in the role)...I'd prefer they adapt SMLMJ Gwen.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

She isn't a radical departure from the 616 version like ultimate Gwen, but would still be very different compared to the Emma Stone version...probably more in line with 616 actually. This version (though smart) obviously wouldn't be a science whiz interning at Oscorp (just another classmate) and she wouldn't be in on Peter's secret (even disapproving of Spider-man like Romita Gwen, which could be used in contrast to Black Cat). She could still be the "Betty" to a "Veronica" style Mary Jane (which I'm suspecting Zendaya's MJ would be) representing how the MJ and Gwen dynamic was classically depicted in the silver age comics, but has yet to be adapted to film. This Gwen would also probably work better than ultimate Gwen as the "first girlfriend/love".

#52 sl500jazz, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  3. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

That wouldn't be bad. Still think we're not gonna see Gwen for a bit anyways but if they do decide to bring her back, hopefully enough time would've past where she'd be welcomed back under a new interpretation.

4. CaptainWagner Searching (P) (he/him)

See, I'm of the camp that they shouldn't avoid hitting the important beats of Peter's story just because "it's been done before". There's plenty of ways to make it feel different while still making the same important contributions to the characters, and there's always room for improvement. Cpt. Stacy in ASM barely resembled his comic counterpart. I'd love to see a proper adaptation of him and his story.

5. sl500jazz chasin' the blues away

I'm not opposed to reinterpreting supporting characters like Stacys, but I think these films should avoid rehashing used storylines as much as possible. I really don't care to sit through another Death of the Stacys anytime soon. Sure, it's an iconic Spider-man storyline, but there are other iconic storylines that have yet to be adapted, and there's only so much you can do within the span of a few films...it would be difficult to tell a story involving the death of the love interest and her father without it becoming the primary focus of the ongoing narrative (as it did in the TASM films)

I agree...I'd really like to have both Gwen and MJ appear, but, if they opt out, I can understand why. I doubt we'll be seeing her in the first film anyway.

6. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

It's all about decompression this time around. The deaths in Peter's life are important to his character (imho) but if I see a funeral in the next 3 Spider-Man movies I fckn quit.

Decompression is the name of the game.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) - Vulture. Intro: Harry, Norman, Gwen, Flash, school day mishaps, late for class, ditching 4th period, up too late on a school night. AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. No date for Homecoming dance. No romance, no sorrow, no angst. Happy and light hearted. Ferris Bueller of Superhero movies.
    Spider-Man: Smoke and Mirrors (2019) - Mysterio + Chameleon. Intro: MJ, Eddie Brock, Jameson. Throw in a little high school romance. Maybe love triangle such and such.
    Spider-Man: Last Hunt (2021) - Kraven. Intro: Symbiote, Black Cat. Kraven's last hunt.
    Spider-Man: Negative Exposure (2023) - Shocker and Green Goblin (identity kept secret). Graduation. Summer between high school and college. (Holland is 27 the age Andrew/Tobey were when they were cast)
    Venom solo movie (2024) - With Spidey in a role similar in scope to his role in CW.
    Spider-Man: No More (2025) - Doc Ock. College. Death of Captain Stacy. Look at that, 5 movies in before we get our first major death.
    Spider-Man: Sinister Six (2026) - Sinister Six. more college. Peter drops out?
    Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage (2028) - Venom and Carnage. Spidey vs Venom, then Spidey and Venom vs. Carnage.
    Spider-Man: Tangled Web (2030) - Green Goblin returns full force. Gwen finally killed.

#56 pr0xyt0xin, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  7. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

I definitely like some of those ideas (Ferris Bueller as an inspiration would be golden, which reminds me they had the Economic Teacher in Ultimate Spider-Man). ^

If I had to plan four films, it'd be (originally, before we got rumors of Tinkerer):

Spider-Man: Homecoming - Vulture/Shocker, with introductions of Norman, Harry, Liz, Flash, and MJ (whom would show up close to the end of the film). Cameos of Quentin Beck and Otto Octavius.

Spider-Man: Smoke and Mirrors/Spider-Man: Final Rehearsal - Mysterio/Chameleon, with Daily Bugle playing a big focus on the quest to proof Spider-Man is a villain rather than a hero. Only Robbie interjects, which reminds me.. Introductions of JJJ, Robbie, Betty, Ned, Randy, Anna Watson, Jean DeWolff, etc. Cameos of Flint Marko and Alex O'Hirn.

Spider-Man: Arms of the Octopus - Doc Ock/Sandman, with Sandman mostly serving as Ock's head goon. Death of Jean happens in the film due to Ock. Sandman has a change of heart somewhere in the film and helps Spidey. Romance with MJ takes place here.

Spider-Man: Sinister Six - The Sinister Six, composed of Doc Ock (leader), Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio, Chameleon and Rhino (who debuts in this film). Peter's time in high school would end here. Introduction of Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy, whom would both (re)debut in this film following the death of DeWolff in the previous film. Gwen would be show up at College.

After the news of Tinkerer, stuff would be changed. The Enforcers (made of Mysterio, Shocker and Chameleon) as opposed to just Mysterio and Chameleon in the second film and a Daily Bugle vendetta against Spider-Man would not be a main focus. Third film would be relatively the same, as well as the fourth. Perhaps the Fourth would go full-on Ultimate Sinister Six, where they're essentially short a member and look to force Spider-Man to join 'em.

Eh. :oldrazz:

Definitely tried to avoid any symbiote usage, as I feel the two should be kept separate now if Sony is insistent on the Venom solo film.

#57 PeterBenParker, Jun 7, 2016
  8. JOE _________________________

I don't understand the thought process of a solo Venom movie that isn't in the MCU. Especially with the Infinity War movies coming up, now is the perfect time to capitalize on the symbiotie.

9. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I think you and I are on the same page in a lot of ways. (good call on Smoke and Mirrors, should be MJ's first foray into the action, extracurricular theater troupe?)

Still think movie 4 isn't enough for Sinister Six. Like I was saying, decompression. If Sony keeps it small and simple, and slowly ramps things up, they could stretch the Sinister Six arc to 6 movies easy. And end Holland's series with movie 10? 12?

Gotta think big but start small. Just like Marvel. That's why they call it a Homecoming.

#59 pr0xyt0xin, Jun 7, 2016
  10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Maximum Carnage would be a terrible plot to adapt to the movies. Not only is it one of those terrible 90s XTREME!! stories that give comics a bad reputation, but it would also badly beg the "So where are all the other heroes" questions. A weeks long murder rampage across NYC would leave audiences going "So why haven't any other heroes shown up, given they have both a very obvious reason and plenty of time to do so?"

11. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Honestly with that one, its just about the title.

I think a personal story about how the symbiote duplicated itself and bonded with a serial killer who is far far worse a person than just ******* eddie brock. Shedding rivalries to defeat a larger evil.

12. Random490 Registered

I believe the rumor is Avi Arad is pushing it since with the Marvel deal he's kind of cut out from Spider-man which was the main reason Sony hired him in the first place. At the same time it's suggested that a Venom movie is not covered by the MCU deal and they can have complete creative control with it as long as it's not a part of the MCU. I do agree, it's a shame they're not trying to go all in with the MCU. A MCU Venom spin off could be a cool a unique corner of the MCU. Kind of like the netflix series, not a direct part of the over-arcing Avengers narrative but it's own thing.

It wouldn't have to be a direct adaptation, look at Civil War and how massively different from the comics it is.

13. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

I think a fourth film having the Six would be doable, especially with Sony's wants for it. I'd prefer a 6th film too, but just going by everything the leaked emails once suggested.

I definitely know my first trilogy would be Vulture, Mysterio/Chameleon, and Doc Ock. As for trilogy two, I'd consider using the likes of Scorpion, Lizard and Green Goblin for the college scenario.

#63 PeterBenParker, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  14. harryoscop Registered

PBP Mysterio cancels out Chameleon, he can do disguises too but better + a lot more. I don't see the point in having him in the movies.

15. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I think it would be a really classy move if we saw Mysterio as the SFX expert and Chameleon as the prodigy actor, and they became a crime duo. Plus the more strings to pull to mess with Spidey's world, the better imo.

Then, it can lead into a film with Kraven if they kill Chameleon off or imprison him. Kraven then has some additional motivation.

16. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

One's a master of illusion and one's a master of disguise. They don't really cancel each other out.

Exactly, and that's why I'd also incorporate the Bugle into it as it could really make Spider-Man's life brutal.

I actually had something like this before when I was planning a Sinister Six.

• Doc Ock has motivation as the leader due to Spidey stopping his master plan.
    • Vulture hates Spider-Man for not letting him kill Osborn.
    • Chameleon would join up with the team due to his brother's imprisonment in an earlier sequel (Lizard/Kraven).
    • Rhino, Mysterio and Shocker would all be hired goons by Ock that Spider-Man defeated with ease once before.

Chameleon would be killed off in the movie, leading into a KLH adaptation of sorts-sequel with Kraven breaking out not only to redeem himself of his earlier defeat but avenge his half-brother. Spidey would've had the Symbiote in the Sinister Six film and would've lost it in the KLH-esque film. Venom would've been the next big bad after that.

17. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Anything Spectacular Spider-Man did. And eventually when the time comes Death of Spider-Man and passing the torch onto Miles.

18. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

edit wrong thread