Pitch Your Season Five

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by DalekbusterFitz, May 13, 2018.

1. DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

Title exactly what it says on the tin. Pitch your fifth season.

My Season Five would be the following:

Title: Gotham - Dawn of Batman

Plot arc summary: A massive time jump to adult Bruce Wayne's first year as Batman - only this time told from the perspective of James Gordon and the GCPD rather than Batman himself. We see James's relationship with the law become increasingly complicated as he becomes an ally to Batman, and therefore promotes vigilantism. Harvey Bullock meanwhile is more antagonistic towards Batman, and sees him more like the freaks who commit crimes across the city. Meanwhile, Penguin and the Riddler are constantly troubled by the news of the Batman's success at stopping various crimes across the city, and begrudgingly team up to take him down. Still enemies, but brought together by a common enemy. Selina Kyle plans to rob the Iceberg Lounge. Barbara Kean tries to resurrect her romantic relationship with James Gordon, but has she really turned good?

What would your Season Five be?

2. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Batman: Year Zero or Batman: Year One.

3. ZIPBAGS Registered

As I mentioned in a different thread....As much as I like David. You need to recast before he becomes Bats.

4. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

What the heck does that have to do with the topic of the thread? :doh:

5. DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

Definitely, especially if like in my pitch you did a big time jump. Recasting Bruce Wayne would be the first thing on my agenda personally.

6. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

7. Astro13Zombie Registered

:funny:

8. ZIPBAGS Registered

9. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

You do realize the show could end with Bruce putting on the cowl, right? The producers have stated that's how they always pictured the ending of Gotham.

10. DR14 Registered

We need to see how this Bruce ends up wanting to have a Bat persona in his vigilantism. We saw a bit of it this season in that one episode, but hopefully it is zeroed in more.

Selina simultaneously wanting to have a persona of her own and given reasons for doing so needs to happen too.

Regardless of everything else, watching those iconic characters in particular literally grow up on screen has been a treat. Which we could have gotten that with Ivy. S4 promised to be big in the development of those characters. I thought they were pretty hit/miss, especially with Selina. Season 5 needs to be hit 100%

I'd like to see no new villains introduced. The cast needs to be trimmed, not added to.

Bruce also needs to interact with Oswald and especially Ed more. Bruce has to my knowledge only had one scene with Ed in the entire run of the show.

I would like to also see Selina interact with the main cast more besides just Bruce. Disclaimer: Please note I adore them together and maybe this can happen simultaneously, but she also needs scenes with Jim, Ed, Oswald, etc.

As for the final scene, I'm honestly warming up to the idea of Bruce telling Selina he is going away to train, especially if Batman cannot be shown for some reason. It'd be rather poetic of the show to end with them being the last two characters shown after they were the first two shown in the pilot.

11. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

BYO could be a pretty good basis - have to confess I never read BYZ.

12. DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

Their pictured ending happened at the end of season three. I really can't see them repeating it again, only this time with the iconic Batman costume. More likely we'll get something different, like the Bat signal in the sky.

13. 007 Registered

Gotham started going downhill when they started focusing too much on bruce wayne.

14. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

I think the show has only gotten better with time

15. DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

I kind of feel like it should have ended with Season 3 though. Season 4 wasn't really necessary, and neither is Season 5 really.

16. Astro13Zombie Registered

Well

That’s incorrect

17. Cats Hot-blooded Feline

I'll agree that they haven't written Bruce, or Ra's as strongly as people like Gordon or Bullock, but I wouldn't say it's gone downhill. Last ep of S4 ended rather powerfully, and I'm excited for S5.

As for pitches, I'd like to see Bruce going out there on his own and learning purely through trial and error as how to take down these perps, from easiest (Firefly) to hardest (Jeremiah), with Gordon throwing his weight in every now and then to help. Bruce has depended too much on Alfred and Selina up to this point, I'd like to see him go it alone. I'm also guessing this is why Selina and Alfred were intentionally removed from the dark city. I'm also hoping for a time jump right at the final scene of the final episode, a shot from the back of an adult Bruce with the cape a cowl, looking into the night sky where the Bat-symbol is emblazoned onto a cloud. Something like the ending to Mask of the Phantasm.

Speaking of, I've actually been spending a lot of time re-writing Gotham from Season 3 Episode 15 onwards where I felt the series began to miss quite a few good opportunities, and could've been so much better if they were done in a different way. I'm up to Chapter 35 now, still going strong and headed for the end of S4 with an alternate story and alternate ending. When I'm done with that, I might start writing S5, or at least what I think could make for a good story.

https://gothamfanfic.blogspot.com/

18. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Holy crud. Cats, are you 'Talia' on the BobaTalks discord?

19. Cats Hot-blooded Feline

XD yes, I thought your profile pic looked familiar. Who are you over there?

20. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Take a guess. It's really difficult even by looking at my avatar. :oldrazz:

21. Cats Hot-blooded Feline

Jurassic? Idk