• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Animation Pixar's Inside Out 2 (June 14, 2024)

This is wonderful news! Squashes those “theatres are dead!” articles for just a little bit.

But that’s with the caveat that it just fuels Disney’s desire for more sequels at this point; Toy Story 5, Inside Out 3, The Incredibles 3 and most importantly, The Good Dinosaur Returns lol

This is wonderful news! Squashes those “theatres are dead!” articles for just a little bit.

But that’s with the caveat that it just fuels Disney’s desire for more sequels at this point; Toy Story 5, Inside Out 3, The Incredibles 3 and most importantly, The Good Dinosaur Returns lol
We're not getting a Good Dinosaur sequel. And most of Disney and Pixar's theatrical sequels are pretty damn good. The ones we're getting later this year through 2026 sound very promising.

This movie was a fantastic return to form for Pixar, as a parent of a teenager they nailed the onset of puberty and my wife and I were dying laughing.

Wish really let down Disney and their 100th anniversary. :(

I thought it was average, but my view of it is even worse now, knowing what they were originally going to do with it. They had every ingredient in place for a proper anniversary celebration, and they squandered it :csad: At least the Once Upon a Studio short was better.

I thought it was average, but my view of it is even worse now, knowing what they were originally going to do with it. They had every ingredient in place for a proper anniversary celebration, and they squandered it :csad: At least the Once Upon a Studio short was better.
Just throwing out my idea of them getting Menken, Miranda, and the Lopezes back together to do the songs for that one movie as a tribute to each era. I could see Menken pull a True Love's Kiss and Under the Sea/Be Our Guest, the Lopezes pulling Let It Go and For the First TIme in Forever, and Miranda giving us a You're Welcome and We Don't Talk About Bruno.

As to the lookalike angle, maybe as Riley learns to regulate her emotions and come into her own, the emotions will take on her appearance as her parents' have.
I'm wondering why her parents don't have a ton of adult emotions in their heads that Riley doesn't have yet. Wouldn't they have Anxiety and Envy etc.?

What do you mean? Please explain. What got changed?

What do you mean? Please explain. What got changed?

It was supposed to be a love story, there's concept art of the star turning into a "star boy." At All Costs was supposed to be his and the main character's song, there's a demo of it on Youtube that retains that concept. Disney was built on romance, and yet they haven't done a romantic storyline in one of these since Frozen, 11 years ago. Disney 100 would have been the perfect time. Also, the queen was supposed to be villainous as well, alongside the king. They were supposed to be an evil power couple. I think stripping away these two concepts really hurt the movie, because the end result is rather hollow.

As to the lookalike angle, maybe as Riley learns to regulate her emotions and come into her own, the emotions will take on her appearance as her parents' have.

That doesn't explain why
Riley's friends' emotions looked like them. I think an easier way is just not putting too much thought into it, realizing it's an easy way to differentiate the emotions of their respective host outside Riley for the audience.

It was supposed to be a love story, there's concept art of the star turning into a "star boy." At All Costs was supposed to be his and the main character's song, there's a demo of it on Youtube that retains that concept. Disney was built on romance, and yet they haven't done a romantic storyline in one of these since Frozen, 11 years ago. Disney 100 would have been the perfect time. Also, the queen was supposed to be villainous as well, alongside the king. They were supposed to be an evil power couple. I think stripping away these two concepts really hurt the movie, because the end result is rather hollow.
Actually, there's more to it. I looked it up.

The love story angle was cut due to Starboy resembling a younger version of Asha's grandpa, which would've DEFINITLY very squicky. We'll get our new love story for Frozen 3, mark my words. They KNOW people want Elsa to get a love interest.

Also, I didn't mind having a queen character outside of Elsa who wasn't evil for a change. The "evil queen" thing has been done to death. I'd say at this point, if you're gonna do it, have it be a co-villain with a non-royalty character working with her and maybe make it a twist as to which of them is the MAIN villain. Play with the angle a bit before going straight at the end.

The love story angle was cut due to Starboy resembling a younger version of Asha's grandpa, which would've DEFINITLY very squicky. We'll get our new love story for Frozen 3, mark my words. They KNOW people want Elsa to get a love interest.

Also, I didn't mind having a queen character outside of Elsa who wasn't evil for a change. The "evil queen" thing has been done to death. I'd say at this point, if you're gonna do it, have it be a co-villain with a non-royalty character working with her and maybe make it a twist as to which of them is the MAIN villain. Play with the angle a bit before going straight at the end.
Odd but they could’ve remedied that with having the starboy appear black. It’s not like there’s a wealth of black male characters in Disney animated features. And I don’t see Frozen 3 or 4 giving Elsa a love interest and if there is one it won’t be with a girl like many hope for.

Last edited:
Odd but they could’ve remedied that with having the starboy appear black. It’s not like there’s a wealth of black male characters in Disney animated features. And I don’t see Frozen 3 or 4 giving Elsa a love interest and if there is one it won’t be with a girl.
Is all this really spoiler worthy when it's Cutting Room floor material like Anna as Gerda in the first attempt at The Snow Queen and Love Can't Be Denied by Alan Menken for it. Also I don't think Disney has ever had a black love interest unless Strange World gave us one which I didn't watch.

EDIT: Ugh they pulled a The Princess and the Frog and gave ethnically ambiguous. :fuming:

Is all this really spoiler worthy when it's Cutting Room floor material like Anna as Gerda in the first attempt at The Snow Queen and Love Can't Be Denied by Alan Menken for it. Also I don't think Disney has ever had a black love interest unless Strange World gave us one which I didn't watch.
lol I don’t know they were doing it so I did it. I thought perhaps out of consideration for the fact that we’re in an Inside Out thread not a Wish thread. And the son in strange world is mixed but that too is an underperforming mediocre movie.

lol I don’t know they were doing it so I did it. I thought perhaps out of consideration for the fact that we’re in an Inside Out thread not a Wish thread. And the son in strange world is mixed but that too is an underperforming mediocre movie.
We get the first openly gay character in a Disney film and its legacy will be Jake Gyllenhaal's dad joke. :o

Considering Elsa has been queer coded for years, if they give her a female love interest that will trigger the anti-woke mob and if they all of a sudden they throw out queer coding they’ll be rightfully called out for queer baiting. Due to that, I doubt Elsa will get a love interest since it’s asking for controversy.

We get the first openly gay character in a Disney film and its legacy will be Jake Gyllenhaal's dad joke. :o
Most likely first and last for a long while, with bad character designs at that.

Those running Disney Animation aka those directly responsible for Frozen, seem to want to avoid a love interest for Elsa, because the character is a gay icon and the likelihood of Iger signing off on that are even lower now. If they give her a boyfriend, it's going to go over extremely poorly.

Anna has her fiance They'll have a kid. That will be the "love story".

Last edited:
Those running Disney Animation aka those directly responsible for Frozen, seem to want to avoid a love interest for Elsa, because the character is a gay icon and the likelihood of Iger signing off on that now, are even lower now. If they give her a boyfriend, it's going to go over extremely poorly.

Anna has her fiance They'll have a kid. That will be the "love story".
False! The true love story is Elsa learning to love her aroace self!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"