Playmobil: The Movie

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Anya Taylor-Joy, Meghan Trainor, Adam Lambert & Daniel Radcliffe Among Voice Cast For ‘Playmobil: The Movie’

Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch), Gabriel Bateman (Lights Out), Daniel Radcliffe, Jim Gaffigan (Chappaquiddick) and singers Meghan Trainor and Adam Lambert lead the voice cast for family pic Playmobil: The Movie. The animation-live-action hybrid movie, based on the popular kids toy line, is due out next year. The film will follow the adventures of siblings Charlie (Bateman) and Marla (Taylor-Joy). When the former unexpectedly disappears into the animated universe of Playmobil, Marla must go on a quest to bring him home. During her adventures she teams up with some unlikely new friends, including smooth-talking food truck driver Del (Gaffigan), dashing and charismatic secret agent Rex Dasher (Radcliffe), a wholehearted misfit robot and an extravagant fairy-godmother (Trainor). Lambert will voice the character of villain Emperor Maximus.

Director and story creator is Disney veteran Lino DiSalvo, who served as head of animation on Frozen and was animation supervisor on Tangled and Bolt.

First Look:

8e3a166d8d7f0e7f0b00073b77d67fae

Official Synopsis:

When her younger brother Charlie (Bateman) unexpectedly disappears into the magical, animated universe of PLAYMOBIL®, unprepared Marla (Taylor Joy) must go on a quest of a lifetime to bring him home. As she sets off on a fantastic journey across stunning new worlds, Marla teams up with some unlikely and heroic new friends – the smooth-talking food truck driver Del (Jim Gaffigan), the dashing and charismatic secret agent Rex Dasher (Radcliffe), a wholehearted misfit robot, extravagant fairy-godmother (Trainor) and many more. Through their vibrant adventure, Marla and Charlie realize that no matter how life plays out, you can achieve anything when you believe in yourself.

Call me cynical but this looks like every other kids movie out there down to the wacky sidekicks, chase scenes, and pop culture jokes.

I like how Playmobil comes off as a toy for very young children, but then you see the more advanced non-age-appropriate stuff like armed bank robbers, special forces snipers and the Boston Bruins.

Hmm... not sure if I knew of this film’s existence.

If LEGO Movie 2 underperformed, I cant see this doing so well.

Minecraft & the Funko Pop movie will resurrect the genre!

MAKE THE TOY MOVIES GREAT AGAIN!

So, the bet they did on attempting to get boy attention from Frozen failed. Badly.

Less than a million opening weekend.

I forgot it was even coming out this weekend.

Based on the box office, so did everyone else.

I literally did not see a single scrap of marketing for this. If the studio behind this film didn’t want it to bomb, they’ve got an odd way of showing it.

If Lego Movie 2 disappointed after being 5 years too late, how did they think a third-rate knockoff was going to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"