Playstation Classic

Are the games for it announced?

They already showed us 5/20 pre-loaded games in the trailer:
  1. Wild Arms
  2. Tekken 3
  3. Final Fantasy VII
  4. Ridge Racer Type 4
  5. Jumping Pashi

I will buy this if I like the game list. I need to get a NES/SNES classic as is (I saw that they re-released them). If they have all the Resident Evil games (amongst others), I may buy this.

I will buy this if I like the game list. I need to get a NES/SNES classic as is (I saw that they re-released them). If they have all the Resident Evil games (amongst others), I may buy this.
I think they will only include RE2, assuming they are willing to add a multiplatform game.

Some great games in that era, many of my faves.

Reactions: CJ
Wish it included Tekken 2 instead of 3.

I would consider buying it if it connected to PSN and included trophies. I don't that's the case, though.

Need some Resident Evil 1 & 2

Hmm. I'm a bit disappointed. No Dual Shock controllers? And I'm not that familar with the games announced so far. (I rented FF7 once, but thought FF8 was far better)

These are the games I would include:

Final Fantasy 8, Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash Team Racing, Mega Man Legends, Spyro the Dragon, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, Tomba! 2, Dino Crisis, Hot Shots Golf 2, Tomb Raider II, Ape Escape, Rayman, UmJammer Lammy.

Is the PlayStation Classic going to include trophies and connect to PSN?

No there will not be any trophies or PSN support.

Complete list of games announced today. Pretty lackluster imo.

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms
https://kotaku.com/full-list-of-playstation-classic-games-is-missing-some-1830067322

I don't think it's a bad list of games it just could've been better. But presumably that's the point - release a good selection up front, along with a load of padding rubbish, but keep plenty of classics back to sell at a later date...no Crash Bandicoot, no Tomb Raider, no Tony Hawk. I'd argue only Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, and Oddworld (which was more of a cult thing) are classic games of the ones they've packaged. There's so many classic forgotten games for that system. I don't know why they're always obsessed with 20 games on these consoles, give us 50 games or at least a way to pay to download games. Sure, people might remember games like Cool Boarders 2, Destruction Derby, Rainbow Six, and Rayman, but where's Gran Turismo or RE2?

Yeah, hard pass on this one.

That game line-up makes this an easy pass for me.

I'm glad I cancelled my preorder of this. the lineup is pretty disappointing. that coupled with the fact there's no power cord included(?) and like the other Classic consoles, the controllers are wired for nostalgia purposes, the whole thing is a pass for me.

Reactions: CJ
So apparently this isn't even using a proprietary emulator. It's based on PCSX.

So glad I didn't impulse buy. Early impressions leave a lot to be desired. It's very bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"