Playstation Home Official Thread

i don't know how people can say MGO isn't a good online game... maybe i don't know any better, because i don't play a lot of online games, and i'm a die hard MG fan, but i liked MGO... GTA online wasn't bad, either.

the only thing that bothers me in either, as with all online games, is the people that play it 14 hours a day just so that they can shoot me in the head and talk ***** just to validate their existance.

i don't know how people can say MGO isn't a good online game... maybe i don't know any better, because i don't play a lot of online games, and i'm a die hard MG fan, but i liked MGO... GTA online wasn't bad, either.

the only thing that bothers me in either, as with all online games, is the people that play it 14 hours a day just so that they can shoot me in the head and talk ***** just to validate their existance.

The only gripes I have about MGO is the levels are too small and contained. I wish you could climb to higher places, have more routes to go. That is a big one because once you play the game long enough you pretty much know where everyone is going to be hiding or running.

And my other major gripe is I can't buy the expansion pack. My bank won't let me or something I dunno so basically not only do I have to pay to play more levels but I can't even pay for it.

What i meant was that MGO isn't the greatest its average. There are tons of other great online games out there and coming soon.

To be honest I like Warhawk multiplayer better than Resistance multiplayer. Resistance has single player while Warhawk doesn't, so that's a bonus. It's just aside from Warhawk having so many options, I'm finding a lot of ppl playing Resistance at night are jackasses lol.

I just bought Resistance roughly a month ago, and my first time playing online was under 1 shot kills, and the entire other team was a clan. They butchered us. I ended my first match with a lot of deaths and only 3 kills. I usually have more kills than deaths on FPS's, but I didn't know the maps, and they played very well together. So I jumped on my next game and get told (while waiting for the game to star), "You ****ing suck Fading, quit the game and break your disk now. You probably stole those 3 kills you have.". I proceeded (once I figured how to capture area's) to do pretty well.

That's not to say Resistance mp isn't fun, but I find the Warhawk crowd ***** less. Tho Resistance does have a good mp set up tho, it's just the ppl.

BTW the above post was to Superhero's post on the last page. Site is wonky atm, sometimes I have to refresh to get it to show more posts. I thought I was posting right under him lol.

Warhawk is a based squad game? Ill have to check it out.

It's all team based, it just has various options for matches. Like 16 vs. 16 let's say, however you can have zone which requires you standing by a cap point long enough and then all turrents and vehicles that pop up look like your teams gear (however anyone can jump into any vehicle or turrent). Of course there's team deathmatch. There's a kill count point match. Capture the flag and so on.

The thing I like most about Warhawk tho is the balance inbetween everything, and the way a vehicle can accomidate many ppl and give everyone a purpose. Like a tank, one person drives, and controls the cannon, the other can pop out of the top and shoot with normal weapons, or go back inside for cover from gun fire. A really good person with a Warhawk can take out multiple ppl, or a really good person with a bazooka can take out a Warhawk or tank. Dog fights in the game are very fun. There's drop ships, a new vehicle that deploys a shield, turrents, various weapons for ppl on foot, and teamwork makes a huge difference.

I love the variety of things to do in a match in Warhawk. The servers are also the best you will ever play on.

I haven't played Warhawk it is on my to do list. I have heard it is a amazing game and since it is 30 bucks i figured what the heck why not just pick it up. But I was just wondering lets say if your cousin comes to your house and he and i both want to get in a online game can we both get in?

yep, it recently got added as a GH. As for the original question, I dont believe the game has split screen. I could be wrong, but I dont think it does. I know it has Lan support

EU Extended Beta invites have been e-mailed. Good luck to our EU friends.

I have my fingers crossed for all you guys still. This could just be the first round of many e-mails. So there may still be hope. :up:

Interesting info for those who imported their system.

With the release of the new Home beta, we now have a much clearer idea of how these region restrictions, that we discovered at E3, are being implemented. It seems that the client reacts to your console's native region, locking you out of any Home servers that don't match it. That means that if you're a UK gamer who imported from the US, you'll be spending all of your time with Americans inside Home. If you imported from Japan ... well, you can guess where that's headed.

What we find bizarre is that it's such a strict lock-out, and that you're not given any degree of choice in the matter. It seems so weird that anyone can access any region's PSN Store, but not the online social networking hub. We can only assume that similar restrictions as on the store will be made for purchasing within Home. That is to say, if you're a UK credit card owner you won't be able to spend anything in the US Home without some jiggery pokery.

Obviously, this all makes sense to Sony. Home is meant to be a big income generator for them; mostly through advertising. They want the most appropriate eyes to see these adverts in order to maximise the "click through" rate. There's no point advertising Mountain Dew to a UK citizen, for example. But console-specific region locking is not the answer. At the very least, set up an IP location check or, god forbid, give people a choice.
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/15...on-console-region-not-psn-account/1#c13710633

Do you think they will announce a date for Home at the German Gaming Convention next Week?

They got 4 more months for it to come out. Bout damn time if that news is true.

You know they said that last year too? And they also said it would be out in Q1 08 and then this summer.

YEAH I KNOW, BUT I'M HOPEFUL NOT NAIVE, STOP POOPING MY PARTY, PARTY POOPER!!!:mad::mad::mad::oldrazz:;):D

Well if the guy is a hundred percent sure that it is ready then i think it should come out.

YEAH I KNOW, BUT I'M HOPEFUL NOT NAIVE, STOP POOPING MY PARTY, PARTY POOPER!!!:mad::mad::mad::oldrazz:;):D
I'm just being realistic. I'll believe it when I see it. Makes it easier than to constantly expect it, for it to not show up

OMG OMG OMG, I JUST GOT AN EMAIL WITH A HOME BETA CODE, I'M IN BABY LOL, I AM SO STOKED RIGHT NOW IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY, YAY, LOL!!!:eek::eek::eek::D:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"