PlayStation Move

Kevin Butler does it again, this time he's on the MOVE, this one's hilarious guys!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0puP8nrIU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0puP8nrIU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

Last edited:
Kevin Butler does it again, this time he's on the MOVE, this one's hilarious guys!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0puP8nrIU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0puP8nrIU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

Lol, I love these commercials. Whether you like Natal or Move better, you gotta admit that was one hilarious rip on Natal, and Wii.

"In the future we have what we like to call, buttons. I mean who wants to catch a big red ball with their hand? Who wants to pretend their hand is a gun? "Pew, pew, pew". What is this, 3rd Grade?"

Or the way he made it look like doing the controls the Wii way was like sissy fighting.

The Kevin Butler commercials are miles ahead of the old PS3 commercials.

Last edited:

Lol those commercials are so funny! :hehe:

That was funny. These ads are awesome. Sony did the right thing going with a new ad agency.

Begun the waggle war has!

Kevin Butler is THE MAN! I joined his facebook fan page. :D

I hope that KB makes a live appearance at E3. That would be all kinds of awesome. :word:

Another tech demo.

[YT]Mz--coTb8h0[/YT]

Looks pretty cool.

How much are these going to cost? If you need two move controllers for one person. I hope two of them cost as much as one Dual Shock.

I believe they said that the bundle (both controllers/playstation eye) would be under $100

Yes, the PS3 commercial are funny, but, at the same time, show everything that is wrong with Sony, more even this last one.
The focus point of Sony´s commercials are not "we are great", but rather, "we are better then the other guy", meaning that they spend more time attacking than to show their own strenghts.
And they are borderline offensive...
And i´m not even talking about Microsoft, because that is more funny than truthful, because no one how Natal will be used.
But they are offensive to Nintendo, which are the ones they are immitating in the first place.

But, bottom line, yeah, the commercials are funny :yay:

Isildur´s Heir;18183683 said:
Yes, the PS3 commercial are funny, but, at the same time, show everything that is wrong with Sony, more even this last one.
The focus point of Sony´s commercials are not "we are great", but rather, "we are better then the other guy", meaning that they spend more time attacking than to show their own strenghts.
And i´m not even talking about Microsoft, because that is more funny than truthful, because no one how Natal will be used.
But they are offensive to Nintendo, which are the ones they are immitating in the first place.

This is the only commercial from the new campaign that pokes fun at the competition that I can remember. The other commercials point to their own strengths: Blu-Ray, PSN, and their games. Can you give examples to what you are referring?

Last edited:
I think Sony was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation about everything Move from the top down. If they didn't push motion sensing after Wii had it's and MS started pushing Natal, it would seem like Sony was lacking a feature that was common in the other two. However, by making motion controls Sony is going to be called rip off artists of Nintendo. Tho, IMO, it's an unfair statement to make. Despite looking like the Wiimote , Sony has been working on this for years, and integrating motion in general since the PS2's Eyetoy. It's not like they saw the Wii and decided to make a copy of it within a year or two.

Then with the commercial, everyone is already saying it's a Wii rip-off. So Sony needed to differintiate itself from Nintendo and Microsoft's motion controls, and what better way to do that then explain the differences jokingly in Sony's most popular commercials all this gen. Of course by doing so ppl will say they were knocking on the competitors and think it was a jerk move. Tho I do get Isildur's point, at the beginning of this gen Sony was far too full of itself and convinced it was so far superior. I think at this point tho they've been humbled, and it's shown as they've been putting out a better product and resting less on what Sony's brand has meant in previous gens.

I really don't think Sony meant any harm, it's just joking around in the spirit of the commercial. At GDC they even praised Nintendo's motion controls. Personally, I think everyone needs to take all of this a bit less seriously, and judge the product based on it's own merits rather than by overreacting and putting it down because someone else did something similar first. Gamers seem to take everything console wise too seriously this gen than in others, even the peripherals. I didn't see complaints when we jumped from the Atari joystick to the NES and first Sega putting out controllers, or when Nintendo made a gun for Duckhunt, and then Sega did the same next gen, and then Sony the next gen after that.

Another tech demo.

[YT]Mz--coTb8h0[/YT]

Looks pretty cool.

Now that is awesome. Something like that shows me far more what this controller can do that all of their other tech demo's, despite being on a program they wrote overnight. I think that 5 min clip there better showed off how it's not just wand tracking, but tracking more minor and subtle movements like the angle you hold the Move, or how you rotate it, and what that could mean for the game more than anything else they've shown. The way he not only pulled out a photo, video, and website and stretch it to where he wanted, but the way he then bent them by rotating the Move's, and then moved them in and out in a 3D space...awesome.

Seeing something like that makes me think this has a lot of potential if the developers use it right. Imagine an interactive story similar to Heavy Rain where you're looking for clues, you pick up a can off the table, the controller tracks how tightly you grip the can so you have to be careful not to crush the can or smudge it up, and then you can turn the can around by moving your hand like you were holding the can and find a bloody thumbprint on the back. I know that sounds weird, but by that I mean I think some good gaming can be made by making you have to interact with the background by picking things up and move them around more life like, rather than being static 3D blocks that you just push around.

Edit - Also should mention the camera view point being able to be changed by the Move as well, very awesome as well. Being able to not just interact in a 3D realm, but being able to look around in it is great. I'm not just talking about moving around in an FPS and looking up and down while strafing, but actually making head tilts, looking at your feet, tilting your head to see at angles that current first persons don't allow you to do yet. Again, it's in the developers to make it happen, but tech demo's like this show it can happen and the hardware will be there.

Last edited:
Isildur´s Heir;18183683 said:

ya, reminds me a bit of the Mac commercials, except the Mac ones are more blatantly putting down Microsoft in areas that are almost irrelevant to today's PCs, whereas this seems more like a straight up joke.

Now that is awesome. Something like that shows me far more what this controller can do that all of their other tech demo's, despite being on a program they wrote overnight. I think that 5 min clip there better showed off how it's not just wand tracking, but tracking more minor and subtle movements like the angle you hold the Move, or how you rotate it, and what that could mean for the game more than anything else they've shown. The way he not only pulled out a photo, video, and website and stretch it to where he wanted, but the way he then bent them by rotating the Move's, and then moved them in and out in a 3D space...awesome.

Seeing something like that makes me think this has a lot of potential if the developers use it right. Imagine an interactive story similar to Heavy Rain where you're looking for clues, you pick up a can off the table, the controller tracks how tightly you grip the can so you have to be careful not to crush the can or smudge it up, and then you can turn the can around by moving your hand like you were holding the can and find a bloody thumbprint on the back. I know that sounds weird, but by that I mean I think some good gaming can be made by making you have to interact with the background by picking things up and move them around more life like, rather than being static 3D blocks that you just push around.

Edit - Also should mention the camera view point being able to be changed by the Move as well, very awesome as well. Being able to not just interact in a 3D realm, but being able to look around in it is great. I'm not just talking about moving around in an FPS and looking up and down while strafing, but actually making head tilts, looking at your feet, tilting your head to see at angles that current first persons don't allow you to do yet. Again, it's in the developers to make it happen, but tech demo's like this show it can happen and the hardware will be there.
anybody got a working link to this? im curious.

anybody got a working link to this? im curious.

http://www.ps3blog.net/2010/03/24/complete-engadget-show-move-demonstrations/

The first video on the link shows how it tracks and objects are basically stuck to the controller. So you can toss the controller in the air and it'll spin and move as the controller does. It also shows how it has a long reading range from the controllers to the TV, and how it even reads as it passing thru and behind things. It also shows the body tracking portion from the PS Eye when they show off the robot demo again.

The second video tho is what wow'd me. They take video's, pic's, and a website, resize and move them around. Then, they actually move the object in 3 dimensions by twitching their wrist. By that, I mean...think like you're holding a piece of cardboard or paper, and then your bend it forwards. It forms a V like shape outwards away from you. That's what impressed me because it's not just tracking you moving your arms up and down, in and out, but also the rotations, grip, and other subtle movements. As he moves that pic on the screen it bends and warps out, that just impressed me. Plus they show how the wand can also be used to change the camera angle as well, which could work very, very nicely for looking around in 3D rooms.

Last edited:
They should have called it The Navigator, not the navigation controller. In fact, I'm just going to call it the Navigator since that sounds better.

Heh, had to dig around a bit to find the thread, fell to the second page.

I saw this on another site, it's not news, but one of the Move guys talks about it. I thought it was interesting tho that he said that the developers are actually using Move to design games now over at Sony by hooking PS3's up to their comps. Which personally I think is pretty impressive and shows it may have good uses outside of pure gaming. He also brought up a good point about the Move being great for level editing. I used to love making Starcraft levels on my comp, but I found doing the same land editing to be a chore on the PS2 RPG Maker 3. So Move could be a good point to start bringing in more features that are typically bound to a PC.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/1244/420.003

BTW, it's a 7 min video, most of the better stuff isn't talked about until the 5 min mark if you just want to skim thru.

The Fight: Lights out looks interesting. You can turn 360 degrees and deliver a backfist into your opponents face and even perform headbutts.

Now, if we could only attach those glowy orbs to our feet, we could probably have some good kung fu action going on. :awesome:

The Fight: Lights out looks interesting. You can turn 360 degrees and deliver a backfist into your opponents face and even perform headbutts.

Now, if we could only attach those glowy orbs to our feet, we could probably have some good kung fu action going on. :awesome:

Which will promptly be followed by a stimulus to the economy with people having to replace their tv's and pay their doctor bills when they injure themselves doing a flying kick...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"