The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Plot holes in this movie

Spidey-Lad93

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok this isn't a thread bashing this movie but what are some of the plot holes you noticed when Harry took the Spider venom why didn't he have spider powers, wouldnt getting electrocuted kill you Spider-Man got it badly from Electro but hardly got a scratch,

Ok this isn't a thread bashing this movie but what are some of the plot holes you noticed when Harry took the Spider venom why didn't he have spider powers, wouldnt getting electrocuted kill you Spider-Man got it badly from Electro but hardly got a scratch,

Harry didn't get Spider powers because, as explained in the movie, only Peter or someone with his DNA would be compatible with the venom. The spiders were infused with Parker's DNA as a security measure when Richard created them.

Spidey was roughed up a bit by the electricity but, once again, as explained in the movie very briefly, the materials used in Spider-Man's costume provided him some protection from the electric current.

Also, even if those two examples weren't explained in the movie, they aren't plot holes.

If you wanna talk about plot holes, well, I guess I would have to go find the plot first. Not sure there is one.

There was no explanation of how Electro's containment suit appeared seemingly out of nowhere. I'm not bashing the character at all, I thought he was he best Spidey villain since Molina's Ock, but that is a minor plot hole. Plus, it's not like Foxx needed it. He could have just had a full-bodied electric costume.

So Richard Parker genetically engineered spiders with human DNA, so that the venom could -for some reason- be used for a super soldier/healing serum. But the venom would only work on someone with Richard's DNA, because that's the DNA he put into the spiders.
In the first movie, they mention that Richard genetically engineered spiders, but I don't think they ever said anything about the purpose being for a serum. They also didn't mention that the spiders had human DNA. Oscorp were using the spiders to produce web, which is the web Spidey uses, so I assumed that the spiders were engineered for the purpose of producing web. In ASM2, they destroy all the spiders, which means that Spider-man would no longer have a supply of web.

What I don't get, is that if the spiders were engineered for the purpose of making this serum -which is implied in ASM2- then why would Oscorp have hundreds of the things in a web farming facility? What would make these spiders ideal for farming web if they have human DNA/magic venom? In the real world, we genetically engineer goats with spider genes to produce web, because farming spiders is impractical. This would have been a better idea for Oscorp rather than spending the money to engineer spiders that are still the same size as spiders, and thus wouldn't produce much web.

So yeah, it seems like they changed the purpose of the spiders. In movie 1 they exist for the purpose of producing web, which is kind of silly anyway, but in movie 2 the spiders exist for producing venom that can heal Norman Osborn. If they were made for this venom, then it doesn't make much sense to have them in the web farming facility, which is where Peter was bitten.

The whole movie was one big hole that sank it into oblivion. Huzzah.

Richard Parker surviving the plane crash to tell Peter at Gwen's funeral the famous line, and not mentioning Ben when mentioning the important people to Peter.
Glad that scene was deleted.

I think I have one.

After the Times Square battle, Peter tried seeing how big a battery he needed to withstand the charge sent by Electro, and last battery he tried was a car battery, it fried.
Before the grid fight against Electro, Gwen used a car battery to charge Spider-Man's web shooter, to magnetize it.......

Richard Parker surviving the plane crash to tell Peter at Gwen's funeral the famous line, and not mentioning Ben when mentioning the important people to Peter.
Glad that scene was deleted.

Wasn't he supposed to be alive during the first movie as well? Peter spends the whole movie asking where his parents are, but after a quick google search he finds out they died in a plane crash. He still asks the same question after that, "Where's my dad?". Dude, he's ****ing DEAD!!!

Wasn't he supposed to be alive during the first movie as well? Peter spends the whole movie asking where his parents are, but after a quick google search he finds out they died in a plane crash. He still asks the same question after that, "Where's my dad?". Dude, he's ****ing DEAD!!!
I don't think he was supposed to be alive.
I'm still in the camp they had they idea of making an aged clone of Peter to make him think he saw his dad.

I don't think he was supposed to be alive.
I'm still in the camp they had they idea of making an aged clone of Peter to make him think he saw his dad.

Then why does Peter constantly ask where his father is, and people keep saying he disappeared mysteriously if they know he died? Apart from that 1 second shot of the newspaper article, there is literally not a single thing in the movie that suggests they died.

In tasm 2, May knocks on the door and tells Peter to get up because the final is at nine and that he promised he would take her car into the shop. What final is she talking about?

God bless you all! God bless your families and everyone else in your lives! God bless everyone!

Last edited:
In tasm 2, May knocks on the door and ask Peter to get up because the final is at nine and that he promised he would take her car into the shop. What final is she talking about?

God bless you all! God bless your families and everyone else in your lives! God bless everyone!
Her test, she's in nursing school.

Her test, she's in nursing school.
But she was keeping that from Peter, wasn't she? She told her boss at the diner that. Thank you for answering though. I thought it was for something else that I didn't understand or had missed.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

Why would well-to-do scientists, able to charter a private plane, not leave some sort of college fund for their son. They put May in the crappy position of being unable to afford it.

At least not as stupid as Tobey in Raimi's trilogy.
He was worse. Tobey's Peter didn't kill innocent people by turning a plutonium truck into traffic and swinging away as it demolishes several of them.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

He was worse. Tobey's Peter didn't kill innocent people by turning a plutonium truck into traffic and swinging away as it demolishes several of them.

lol agreed. Garfield Peter was so reckless and stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"