Plot ideas for Wonder Woman movie

WBwins

Sidekick
Reaction score
Share your ideas and opinions on how the plot should be approached.

Pretty much how Brian Azzarello's run done. For me, it was probably the best comic on the stands.

1) Steve Trevor being one of the pilots, who didn't make it to Metropolis, when the military where fighting against the World Engine.

2) The terraforming could penetrate the magical barrier, which holds Ares, the God of War imprisoned, causing Ares to escape and potentially cause WWIII.

3) Queen Hippolyta lies to Diana about being born from clay, as a way of protecting her from Hera's wrath. (since she is conformed to be a demigod)

4) How the World Engine affected Themyscira, in which it caused the escape of Ares and their island vulnerable to human investigation.

5) Paradise Island become a alluring, beautiful and exquisite place, as it represents a utopia and peace for the Amazons.

A mix of New 52 and pre-New 52.

I liked the previous rumours of putting Diana in the 1920's and to have the Women's suffrage movement as a plot device. It's a time period that we haven't seen Wonder Woman in no?

1. The film would be set in-between the events of MOS and BvS.

2. Steve Trevor is an ARGUS agent sent to investigate rumors about "strange happenings" and accidently stumbles upon the Amazons.

3. The Amazons were observing Zod's attack during MOS, but decided that it was "man's world's" problem and didn't get involved.

4. However, the fallout from Zod's World Engine has caused the barrier with Tartarus to weaken and monsters have begun escaping. It also weakened the mystical barrier shielding Themyscira from the outside world to weaken (hence why Trevor was able to stumble upon it).

5. Circe, a goddess with a grudge against the Amazons, hopes to use these events to get her revenge.

6. Hippolyta lied to Diana about her true origins and covered it up (hence the "born from clay" story) in order to shield her from Hera's wrath and keep her from getting too involved in the God's "family squabbles."

7. Circe is stopped, but escapes (to return in a future film).

8. Diana leaves Themyscira at the end of the movie to explore the world (setting up her appearance in BvS). She and Steve have become friends/allies (an actual romance between them is optional, I'm not for OR against it personally). In a post-credit scene, it's revealed that Ares is about to put his own plans into motion.

2. Steve Trevor is an ARGUS agent sent to investigate rumors about "strange happenings" and accidently stumbles upon the Amazons.

3. The Amazons were observing Zod's attack during MOS, but decided that it was "man's world's" problem and didn't get involved.

4. However, the fallout from Zod's World Engine has caused the barrier with Tartarus to weaken and monsters have begun escaping. It also weakened the mystical barrier shielding Themyscira from the outside world to weaken (hence why Trevor was able to stumble upon it).

5. Circe, a goddess with a grudge against the Amazons, hopes to use these events to get her revenge.

6. Hippolyta lied to Diana about her true origins and covered it up (hence the "born from clay" story) in order to shield her from Hera's wrath and keep her from getting too involved in the God's "family squabbles."

8. Diana leaves Themyscira at the end of the movie to explore the world (setting up her appearance in BvS). She and Steve have become friends/allies (an actual romance between them is optional, I'm not for OR against it personally). In a post-credit scene, it's revealed that Ares is about to put his own plans into motion.

I love the ideas but the Steve Trevor, being an ARGUS agent is something I don't want, since it sounds a bit generic to me.

The idea of the terraforming opening the doors to the underworld would be plausible and can explain why Wonder Woman didn't help Superman in Metropolis.

6) I would like to see Wonder Woman be surprised and shocked, when being introduced into modern human society and how she can be clueless about the rules of Man's World.

7) Steve Trevor being the human perspective on seeing Greek myth and magic come to life and is not sure, whether to be afraid, believe it to be true or confused about it.

8) An Amazon defects the sisterhood to join Ares, like in the animated movie.

9) Let it be set between MOS and BVS, as it can explain where Wonder Woman was when Zod and his crew attacked Metropolis.

10) Make the movie have it's own identity, of it being a Greek fantasy and adventure.

I like this take on the WW solo. Kudos!

I love some of the ideas in here, but the Steve Trevor being an ARGUS agent turns me off a bit and will make people think he is a government lackey, and will result in the Superman/Wonder Woman ship, which I do not like, since I'm all for superhero/human couples. :wow:

I'd fuse the New 52 and Pre-New 52 aspects of Steve's character to make one awesome male hero character, alongside Wonder Woman, it will make him a strong character alongside the Amazon Princess and get people to invest in him. :halo:

Since the military side of the DCCU has been estabilished in Man Of Steel, I'd see them going in this direction and expanding the army side a bit more. :cwink:

Not really. Him being a government guy wouldn't automatically do any of that. I was more using ARGUS as a way of providing a loose connection between the different films.

Not really. Him being a government guy wouldn't automatically do any of that. I was more using ARGUS as a way of providing a loose connection between the different films.

Steve becoming an ARGUS agent, after his military career can leave room for great character development, since his army experience can be useful for Amanda Waller.

I'm not sure if they would use ARGUS, but Checkmate has an interesting concept and hierarchy, which can be cool. :word:

I want Diana's combat and fighting skills to highlighted in every aspect.

I would love a plot that has Diana not only challenging the assumptions of "man's world" but also of the views of the Amazons that she was raised with.

A small ending cameo from a pissed off, sour and bitter Hera sitting on her throne, plotting Diana and Hippolyta's deaths, whlist playing chess with Ares.

If that rumor that was circulating a while back that Diana is in Man's World in pursuit of an artifact stolen from the Amazons is true, I'd like it to play a role in this film.

It would be cool if Barbara Minerva was the one who stole the artifact, which is of some importance to the Gods (hence why the Amazons are guarding it). It could result in the Olympians unleashing all sorts of chaos into the mortal world in their pursuit to get it back, and Diana has to race against time to find the real guilty party. Wonder Woman manages to resolve the conflict and return the artifact to the Amazons, but Minerva has still pissed of the Gods enough that they curse her into becoming a monster (the Cheetah), and she escapes to appear in future films. Meanwhile, we'd get flashbacks spread throughout the film about the history of the Amazons and Diana's origins. We could also maybe get some interactions between Hippolyta and Zeus that hint at Diana's true parentage.

I think they should save the reveal that she is Zeus' daughter for a sequel as a potential conflict for Hippolyta.

Also, I think would be interesting to tie in the origin of Cheetah with Circe given her ability to turn people into animals.

I'd save the reveal of Diana being Zeus's daughter to the very end of the movie, during an ending monologue by Hippolyta.

I posted on the Steve Trevor thread, but figured I should post here too

I think they should include Diana Rockwell Trevor story in the movie. She was Steve's mom.

In "Challenge of the Gods", the second arc from Perez, the story is told that Diana Trevor was a US pilot in the WWII, in the "WASF" division (allusion to the WASP, Women Airforce Service Pilots). After the war ended, she became a test pilot and went to test a Sabre Jet. There was a storm and she ended up crashing on Paradise Island. At the same moment, the Amazons were being attacked by a monster trying to escape from Hades through the gates they guarded. Diana went to help and saved Phillipus by shooting the creature, but she ended up dying trying to help the Amazons close the gate. Then she was honoured as an Amazon. Diana was named after her, and the pistol used for the bullets and bracelets were hers. WW costume was based on the colors Diana Trevor had with her (an american flag), and the WW symbol was based on the WASF logo.

They could adapt this story in the movie. The movie could actually start with that. Diana Trevor leaving Steve (who would be around 5 years old) to test the jet, then crashing on the Island, introducing the Amazons. We see the time pass, learning that Diana (WW) sees Diana Trevor as a hero, is inspired by her. After some more scenes on the Island, we go back to grown Steve Trevor, going on a mission on the same location his mom disappeared. Maybe he wants to know what happened, or maybe he is reluctant and afraid. Anyway, when he crashes on the Island, Diana get to know he is Diana Trevor's son and decides to help return him to the outside world.

It's perfect for the way CBMs like to connect everything, not to mention the emotional connection between Steve, his mom, and WW, and the "uniqueness" of a male character having his mom as a motivation (it usually is the father). Also, it's the best explanation there is about why WW's costume is an american flag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"