Plot leaked?

Slushy

Superhero
Reaction score
Credit: Ain't It Cool News

“The Fantastic Four’ will tell the story of two very young friends, Reed Richards and Ben Grimm. After an event transforms the boys, they find themselves empowered with bizarre new abilities. Reed becomes a scientific genius who can stretch, twist and re-shape his body to inhuman proportions. Ben becomes a monstrous, craggy humanoid with orange, rock-like skin and super strength. However, the two end up being owned by the government and used as weapons. But after they mature, two others with powers come into the picture – Sue Storm “The Invisible Girl” and Johnny Storm “The Human Torch.”
So what it’s looking like, is that the back story of what we all knew of the Fantastic Four to be, has been already butchered. :doh:

Can we trust Hollywood guys when they debunk stuff ? They will lie 2 protect spoilers. It happens often

It's the first time we've seen Trank chime in on anything, so I'd say it's pretty credible.

Edit: Although granted, he did lie about Miles Teller's involvement in the production.

Last edited:
Time will certainly tell in this case

A guy named Alan Baltes, who seems to be some kind of Casting Director or something like that has said something interesting on the subject :

https://twitter.com/alanbaltes

"Alan Baltes ‏@alanbaltes 7 h
@josh_trank As publisher of Acting Auditions, I only quoted what Production Weekly issue number 879 (January 2, 2014) posted!"

If some of us could have the issue in question, we could know if the synopsis is the true one. (because, who could have send an official synopsis to professionnal if it wasn't Fox themself ? And why would they send a false synopsis. They are dumb, but not THAT dumb)

It's the first time we've seen Trank chime in on anything, so I'd say it's pretty credible.

Edit: Although granted, he did lie about Miles Teller's involvement in the production.

But he didn't lie entirely.Teller hasn't been cast yet he Is only under consederation to play Reed.Other actors are testing as well.

But he didn't lie entirely.Teller hasn't been cast yet he Is only under consederation to play Reed.Other actors are testing as well.

But the Wrap's article didn't say that Teller was cast, just that he was in contention and Trank's top pick. Which seems true given what Teller has been hinting at the media the past several days.

It's very possible that the synopsis was generated by an early script and/or someone who didn't know much about the project just to have something to put on the casting call.

IF the person tweeting as Josh Trank is actually Josh Trank and IF Miles Teller is not being seriously considered and IF that synopsis is complete BS, that is encouraging and gives some hope.

Those two details are the things that are most frightening and discouraging at this moment.

I don't have an issue with Teller at all but making Invisible Woman and Human Torch mutants who are in no way affiliated with the accident that transforms Reed and Ben while not having anything to do with either space (616) or the Negative Zone (Ultimate) is really, really dumb.

I have every Fantastic Four issue from 1964 to today. I will NEVER EVER see this movie.

tumblr_mm3xmbnE821r5xzspo1_500.gif

No one can say that plot does any justice to the F4.

I don't know. The Fox messages could easily have been automated, or some secretary or intern going on autopilot. The parts quoted in the Blastr article sound very much like boilerplate. In any case, Trank seems pretty vehement that the leaked plot is bogus, so I'm willing to take his word for it until a trailer shows me otherwise.

I doubt it's real. The previous origin movies (both of them) kept to a similar idea with different details but were essential the same. I'm sure it's just nonsense.

This reminds me of when the plot for the third X-Men film leaked and Fox swore up and down for a year that it was fake. Then the movie came out and it was exactly like the leaked plot.

Now, I'm not saying the same thing is true in this case. But the point is, don't trust filmmakers. They lie to our faces all the time.

This reminds me of when the plot for the third X-Men film leaked and Fox swore up and down for a year that it was fake. Then the movie came out and it was exactly like the leaked plot.

Now, I'm not saying the same thing is true in this case. But the point is, don't trust filmmakers. They lie to our faces all the time.

After month of "Miles Teller is not Reed Richards, it's a fake rumor" from Josh Trank, I know that we can trust him... :woot:

The synopsis will probably slightly different than the actual movie, but I bet that many things (like Reed being a weapon at the hand of the government) will be exactly that

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"