Political Animals: A series for those who love Politics...

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw the first episode last night....Let's just say it is the White House today with a few changes....

1. The President is white....lol
2. The Secretary of State, ran for President, didn't win...her husband is a former President, sound familiar....hahaha...BUT, she and her husband are divorced.

Very interesting.....you should tune in.

Political Animals

They're not even trying to be subtle, it seems. They could've at least made her SecDef or A.G. or something. :funny:

There is a scene where she got off on a reporter, it was awesome...GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT!!!!!!

The next episode focuses on SecState sending her husband/former president to a rogue nation to negotiate the release of American prisoners. They aren't even trying to be subtle. :funny:

If he is, I don't think he is enjoying it very much. The Obama character (and literally the only difference is that he is white) is fairly unflattering.

There is a scene where she got off on a reporter, it was awesome...GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT!!!!!!

this line is very misleading :csad::oldrazz:

Seems odd they would go with such an obvious parallel of Clinton, and then have a generic white president.

Seems odd they would go with such an obvious parallel of Clinton, and then have a generic white president.

Well, a show about a sitting "Secretary of State" isn't quite as "WHOA" as it would if it were a sitting "President".....AND, they might have been afraid that the show would cease to be about "her" and more about "him".....

This show is an absolutely shameless love letter to Hillary from Greg Berlanti. The only character who is somewhat likeable is Hillary (I won't call her Elaine because she is so clearly Ms. Clinton). She is always right and everything that goes wrong in her life is her being victimized by a mean man (whether it be her husband, her boss, her son, whoever). It completely glosses over any negative qualities of Hillary and paints her as this portrait of righteousness. The "first wife," speech in the second episode was particularly shameless.

That said, I can't quit watching. It is like Dallas set in Washington D.C.. Everyone has their agenda, everyone is shady as **** (except of course this show's Bobby Ewing....Hillary Clinton). This show's biggest saving grace is Ciaran Hinds. He is clearly having so much fun playing a not-so-flattering caricature of Bill Clinton (in what is quite possibly the biggest smack in the face that the former president has ever received from a media outlet). He makes this show.

This show is an absolutely shameless love letter to Hillary from Greg Berlanti. The only character who is somewhat likeable is Hillary (I won't call her Elaine because she is so clearly Ms. Clinton). She is always right and everything that goes wrong in her life is her being victimized by a mean man (whether it be her husband, her boss, her son, whoever). It completely glosses over any negative qualities of Hillary and paints her as this portrait of righteousness. The "first wife," speech in the second episode was particularly shameless.

That said, I can't quit watching. It is like Dallas set in Washington D.C.. Everyone has their agenda, everyone is shady as **** (except of course this show's Bobby Ewing....Hillary Clinton). This show's biggest saving grace is Ciaran Hinds. He is clearly having so much fun playing a not-so-flattering caricature of Bill Clinton (in what is quite possibly the biggest smack in the face that the former president has ever received from a media outlet). He makes this show.

LMAO, I know....I was thinking the same thing.......its like "damn it, I hate it......but I love it.....lol"

Might give this a look.

How possible is Armando Ianucci's "The Thick Of It" in the US?

I saw Sigourney Weaver on The Daily Show and decided to check this out since she is one of my favorite actors. I enjoyed the first two episodes and I LOVE Ellen Burstyn (sp). She was hilarious. I don't think I would have enjoyed the first episode as much as I did without her clever quips. She reminds me of Maggie Smith on Downton Abbey.

The parallels of Bill, Hil and Obama are obvious, but that didn't detract from me liking the characters. It's like they used them as templates for a cool TV political drama which is sort of like their real lives, but different enough for it to be a bit more interesting for TV.

Most of the actors were pretty belieavable in their role, though unlike others I'm not a fan of Ciaran Hinds as Bud. It could be I'm not a fan of his accent. I generally don't like when non-American actors lay on the heavy Southern accent. It just sounds too over the top and cartoonish. Don't get me wrong, I love him as an actor, but they need to wash some of that damn hair gel out his hair and tone down the accent. IMO, Ciaran already comes of as "swarmy" without the plastic looking hair and Bush-like drawl.

Gugino was a surprise...a big one. I sort of liked her, which I didn't think I would. She and Burstyn were actually the surpise hits of the show for me.

Yes, I love Carla Gugino and Ellen Burstyn characters as well....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"