Political Prejudice: Gay, Black, Or Atheist Republicans

Article IX, Sec. 2, of the Tennessee constitution ("No Atheist shall hold a civil office") states: "No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments shall hold any office in the civil department of this state." Arkansas, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Texas have similar laws.

Apparently people who don't believe in God can't make decisions that benefit people. Only greedy ones.

gay, black, atheists like money too, right? Repubs don't just use morals as a political strategy.

So, it seems most Americans just assume that everyone they meet, or know of believes in God unless said otherwise.

So lets say on that assumption, that someone made it to President only then for his Atheism to be exposed.

How would the country react, and would they try to remove him from office? Even if, lets say, he was best job as President that anyone ever had.

I see what you mean. Like assuming I'm incorrect in my belief that God doesn't exist, I would be not knowing what I do, or not knowing I'm incorrect, therefore Jesus would believe in forgiveness for me.

I think thats why they say repent and all will be forgiven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"