Poll: Americans Ready to Elect a Black President

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so intangible its not even funny. Why not just elect a politican who promises to end all fighting between Israel and Palestine, solve all genocides, end world hunger, and end poverty all in his first thirt days? :whatever:
that's a ridiculous comparison. He never claimed that all republicans were going to agree with him. He represents democrats not HATING republicans. He's not polarizing. And he represents the opposite of the country's overall dissatisfaction with both parties and politics as a whole. Your ignoring the landscape.

Thats what he says. As it is, Obama has no voting record, and no real way to back up such claims.
He was a legislature at the time. You really think that he's lying? seriously. It would come out if he was lying. But it's come that he wasn't. Nobody that knows him inside politics or out, denies that he was opposed to it.
Its easy to play Monday morning quarterback. Whats even more remarkable is, here he is, voting to continue funding and doing
That's a lie. He voted against it.
absolutely nothing to end the war. All the while, *****ing about it on the campaign trail.
what do you propose he does differently to end the war? congress simply has little power to end it. In order for a democrat to end it, he has to become Presidnet. What is he trying to do? Just that. You are making false statements. Not false opinions. False facts.

that's a ridiculous comparison. He never claimed that all republicans were going to agree with him. He represents democrats not HATING republicans. He's not polarizing. And he represents the opposite of the country's overall dissatisfaction with both parties and politics as a whole. Your ignoring the landscape.

Do you truly feel that the Republicans alone are the ones causing such a major divide in America? Really? Truly?

He was a legislature at the time. You really think that he's lying? seriously. It would come out if he was lying. But it's come that he wasn't. Nobody that knows him inside politics or out, denies that he was opposed to it.

How would it come out if he was lying? There would be no record of him being for or against the war. The absence of documentation does not dismiss Matt's point.

So? That doesn't change the fact that most of the plans he has stated aligns himself with the far left.

those are the positions he believes in. Would you rather he carpet bagged, pandered to voters and lobbyists, lied, and said whatever he needed to in order to get elected? Aren't you sick of politicians doing that? Look at HIllary pretending to be centered and voting for the Iraq war just because most Amercians supported it at the time. Aren't you sick of that?

The more Thompson moves in the polls, the more I fear Rudy's chances.

If Thompson wins, the Republicans only shot lies with Clinton getting the nomination.
He would lose to even Hillary. You forget how well she's doing in matchup polls. The only reason Rudy can win is because he's not conservative. The country will not elect a Republican who isn't much farther to the left than most Republicans. You have Bush to thank for that. It's really Rudy or nobody for you guys.

You forget people equate Hillary with Bill, and the country approves of the job he did. At the end of his Presidency his approval rating was more than double what Bush's is. And everybody knows that Bill will have influence on Hillary's actions, just as she had influence on his when he was President. They called it 2 for the price of 1. It will be kind of like having Bill as president again, as far as results and decision making go.

There is no way swing voters will vote for any republican other than Rudy. And republicans don't really have any platform to run on right now. What are they going to do about anything, that the country actually wants them to do? More debt? War with Iran? MOre years in Iraq? Another veto for embryonic stem cell research? Denounce gay marriages, which wont work this time, because the ammendmant will never pass anyways,? Keep tax cuts for the rich in place? What are they going to do better than the democrats, and what do they have to sell right now? They can't talk about immigration because they had both the house and the white house and still failed. If dems have both, than at least something will get passed.

Do you truly feel that the Republicans alone are the ones causing such a major divide in America? Really? Truly?

No I don't, and I never said that. Bush got the ball rolling, and many dems and reps helped it keep rolling.

How would it come out if he was lying? There would be no record of him being for or against the war. The absence of documentation does not dismiss Matt's point.
dude how does anything ever come out about politicians? Seriously. It's not like Bill clinton voted or signed a bill to have sex with MOnica, but we knew about it. It's politics. You think a guy in politics never said anything about the war to anybody? he spoke publicly about it prior to the invasion, and not even his opponents protest it. John Edwards even admits Obama got it right, and he got it wrong.

Anybody that doubts this is phishing for dirt where dirt doesn't exist, looking for something to pick at.

The more Thompson moves in the polls, the more I fear Rudy's chances.

If Thompson wins, the Republicans only shot lies with Clinton getting the nomination.

I think you are really underestimating Clinton. She is leading all the polls for Democrats and is beating the second place holder by more than 20 points. IMO, if she makes primary she'll win.

Spider-Bite, Obama was in a state legislature. They did not vote on the war. Therefore he has (and bare with me here) no voting record on the war. It is easy to say he was against it the whole time now...because there is no way to prove that wrong. Thats the point I was making. bad place, Fred Thompson could say he was against the war the whole time, and being as he wasn't in Congress at the time, there is no way to prove he is lying.

I'm of the opinion that we'd see a black President before a female one.

I think the reverse is true... I've seen some of the racism in certain states first hand. I think a female president will be more acceptable to the majority of the prejudiced folk in the USA than a black one would.

And a lot of really backward thinking folks will think that Hilary is just a front for her husband and that they are really voting to get Clinton back.

of course not..this is america

I think you are really underestimating Clinton. She is leading all the polls for Democrats and is beating the second place holder by more than 20 points. IMO, if she makes primary she'll win.

Hillary is unelectable, IMO - you have a large dedicated, wealthy base that will ensure that she doesn't win. Plus her running for President will cause the thousands of skeleton's of the Clinton White House to pour out.

Word. I could care less what race, gender or religion our president is as long as he/she could actually lead effectively.
I could not agree more.
Race or gender shouldn't be an issue at all

I think the reverse is true... I've seen some of the racism in certain states first hand. I think a female president will be more acceptable to the majority of the prejudiced folk in the USA than a black one would.

And a lot of really backward thinking folks will think that Hilary is just a front for her husband and that they are really voting to get Clinton back.

I think you're right on the first point although that southern racism thing is becoming less a strong hold than it once was. (it's still there don't get me wrong, I spent a lot of time in south carolina with that confed. flag flying above the capital)

I always thought bill was the front for hillary.

I'd like a chick president, just one that doesn't have the name clinton or bush behind it.

Spider-Bite, Obama was in a state legislature. They did not vote on the war. Therefore he has (and bare with me here) no voting record on the war. It is easy to say he was against it the whole time now...because there is no way to prove that wrong. Thats the point I was making. bad place, Fred Thompson could say he was against the war the whole time, and being as he wasn't in Congress at the time, there is no way to prove he is lying.

Except the people who know him and heard him talking about it would come forward and tell what they know.

My governor has no vote on the Iraq war, but I know he opposes it now. Rudy had no vote on the Iraq war, but we know he supported it.

Did you have a vote on it? Did I? This is a phishing argument here. It's not like he was working at McDonalds with no opinion on anything in the world. It's been made clear that he was opposed to it from the beginning.

edit...

Obama was not in the Senate at the time of the vote but had voiced opposition to the war resolution at the time.

there you go. How could you not expect this? Did you think people just took a wild guess and assumed he opposed it from the beginning? I said, he has a voice, and he voiced his opinion, even when it was unpopular. There are ways to know things about politicians.

source:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19015716/

Hillary is unelectable, IMO - you have a large dedicated, wealthy base that will ensure that she doesn't win. Plus her running for President will cause the thousands of skeleton's of the Clinton White House to pour out.

There is a huge wealthy base donating money to her. She is a funraising magnet. There is no money problems for her campaign. MOney is working for her. NOt against her. Her biggest problem is that she is a woman, and southerners dont' believe a woman should be President. But that problem for her is not strong enough for her to lose to anybody but Rudy. Any other republican will be seen as the new Bush, and the country would much rather have a Clinton than a Bush.

There is a huge wealthy base donating money to her. She is a funraising magnet. There is no money problems for her campaign. MOney is working for her. NOt against her. Her biggest problem is that she is a woman, and southerners dont' believe a woman should be President. But that problem for her is not strong enough for her to lose to anybody but Rudy. Any other republican will be seen as the new Bush, and the country would much rather have a Clinton than a Bush.

Southerners huh? Like none of them would?

That's one of her biggest problems. People might want to think we are more liberal in the cities but in the country, were not.

And her other problem is she has NONE of her husband's charm, she just comes off as unlikable.

That's one of her biggest problems. People might want to think we are more liberal in the cities but in the country, were not.

And her other problem is she has NONE of her husband's charm, she just comes off as unlikable.

that is true to an extent. Politicans have a lot to go off when it comes to presenting their personalities and charm, because so many have come before them. But we have never had a woman president. How does she sound tough without sounding butch? How does she sound feminine without sounding blonde? How does she act down to earth without sounding intellectually inferior?

She's not the most charming person who ever ran, but she's not the least either. Her personality isn't bad. She has charm, just not the kind that Bill had or Obama has.

Im going to vote for Hiliary, Obama comes off as inexperienced for some reason, almost like if hes ever elected America is doomed.

I don't care what color their skin happens to be. I care whether they can run the country.

Thats all that matters but people have made it seem like if a woman or minority is president it will all go to bad place, when republicans have already caused that.

Obama is still a jr. Senator last time I checked but he has had experience as a Senator in Illinois?

But you make it sound like Hillary has been in politics for a long time. This is only her 2nd term in a political office. She's not exactly an old hand.

Im going to vote for Hiliary, Obama comes off as inexperienced for some reason, almost like if hes ever elected America is doomed.

Do you see any way in which his inexperience could be an advantage?

Do you see any way in which his inexperience could be an advantage?

To me, Obama seems like a Likeable guy[morel likeable then Hiliary anyway] but heres the thing, he also comes off as that nice guy in school, who doesn't seem like he can make those hard decisions. Hiliary has her husband to help her along, show her the ropes as it were.

To me, Obama seems like a Likeable guy[morel likeable then Hiliary anyway] but heres the thing, he also comes off as that nice guy in school, who doesn't seem like he can make those hard decisions. Hiliary has her husband to help her along, show her the ropes as it were.

The guy climbed out of the middle east, the ghetto, and is now on track to possibly be our first Democrat President. He's made something of his life, and obviously knows how to make tough decisions, or he never would have made it this far in life.

For a kid to stop goofing around and start showing strong work ethic to move up like that, he's got to be able to make tough decisions.

Look at Bill signing Nafta. That wasn't very tough.

That's what advisers are for and I'm sure Clinton wasn't making those hard decisions on his own either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"