POLL: Damian's age.

Invader Joker

Superhero
Reaction score
Obviously this will be one of the more complicated things to make work. So how old should he be? Obviously James Gunn said that Damian is "Bruce's son who he didn't know existed for the first 8 to 10 years of his life", but he may have just been referring to the comics backstory + I think that it might ultimately depend on the director as that'd largely set up the tone of the film. So what would you prefer?

I personally would prefer it if they made Damian 14-15 and cast an 18 year old actor that looks younger, ala Tom Holland in Civil War and Homecoming. The problem with getting a kid actor for this is that the role is too physical and it'd be kinda annoying to have fight scenes that have like 100 different cuts to disguise a stunt double. I wasn't really that impressed with Hit-Girl's fight sequences in Kick-Ass.

You lose a lot of what makes the character special if you go too old. Part of the charm is seeing someone so young act so cocky, and if he's a teenager his brattiness would just be irritating.

Unlike any other Robin I think him being as young as possible works fine, because he was raised by Talia from birth to be a fighter. It's not like with Dick or Tim, who took up crimefighting by choice and could otherwise lead a normal life. Damian's messed up, and a kid that young fighting alongside Batman reflects that.

You lose a lot of what makes the character special if you go too old. Part of the charm is seeing someone so young act so cocky, and if he's a teenager his brattiness would just be irritating.

Unlike any other Robin I think him being as young as possible works fine, because he was raised by Talia from birth to be a fighter. It's not like with Dick or Tim, who took up crimefighting by choice and could otherwise lead a normal life. Damian's messed up, and a kid that young fighting alongside Batman reflects that.
The problem to me is less about that and much more about the fact that I think that constantly having to disguise the fight sequences around having to put a bunch of stunt doubles around a 8-12 year old actor seems like it wouldn't exactly give for the most compelling action.
I've seen it attempted before on Hit-Girl and every single trick they made to get around those sequences was always extremely obvious. I'm not sure I've ever seen one time where it's unambiguously worked.

Obviously this will be one of the more complicated things to make work. So how old should he be? Obviously James Gunn said that Damian is "Bruce's son who he didn't know existed for the first 8 to 10 years of his life", but he may have just been referring to the comics backstory + I think that it might ultimately depend on the director as that'd largely set up the tone of the film. So what would you prefer?

I personally would prefer it if they made Damian 14-15 and cast an 18 year old actor that looks younger, ala Tom Holland in Civil War and Homecoming. The problem with getting a kid actor for this is that the role is too physical and it'd be kinda annoying to have fight scenes that have like 100 different cuts to disguise a stunt double. I wasn't really that impressed with Hit-Girl's fight sequences in Kick-Ass.

I think this would be the best route.

None of us want another Chris O'Donnell, Batman Forever , grown man who wants to move in, whose supposed to be a late teen , Robin ,situation with Damien :funny:.

1b6a6ad3a928c79fcf618ba87e625461.jpg

But the Holland style casting of an 18 year old ,who can pass for 14-15 ,be would be the best option, I agree.
tumblr_pq9ok3BsgT1uwl6nzo5_400.gif

I think Logan pulled it off with X23
Wow!!! I was just watching Dafne Keen on His Dark Materials. I forgot about her in Logan. She was very believable. Do you want a Rated R Batman though? I would……….

10-12. Logan made it work. Kick-Ass made it work.

An 18-20-something playing a teen version is boring.

Damian Wayne in the Comics Bravely Grows Up the problem with having a Cinematic Universe is that the Actors and Characters Should to Grow Up Damian cant be a Teenager forever in the DCU lets see what Arc for Damian is being prepared for the DCU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"