Far From Home Poll for Spider-Man villains we haven't seen yet in a film

So which Spider-man villain has a European flavor, other than Kraven

Sounds like alot of Spider-man Homecoming will take place in Europe

Oscorp and I know we've seen it but it was rushed to Green Goblin. Because I want that as a lead in to King Pin (Yes I know about the Netflix stuff).

Then King Pin can be in the back ground pulling strings to elicit responses from Silvermane, or utilizing Chameleon to take on battles with Spider-man. One of the more fascinating aspects of Pete to me has been Pete learning that sometimes you loose a battle to win a war.

What's the rights situation re Kingpin? I believe he started out as a Spider-Man villain but gradually became more associated with Daredevil. If Marvel are using KP on their DD show would Sony have any degree of access to him?

Good to see some shout outs for the Scorpion. He's one of my favourite villains and I loved his origin story from the comics. Mysterio would be my second choice. I used to like Rhino until they ruined him a few movies back.

What's the rights situation re Kingpin? I believe he started out as a Spider-Man villain but gradually became more associated with Daredevil. If Marvel are using KP on their DD show would Sony have any degree of access to him?

I think they technically could get access to him but given that he seems to play a big part in the Daredevil show, the TV people may block access for using him.

I think they technically could get access to him but given that he seems to play a big part in the Daredevil show, the TV people may block access for using him.

Okay, thanks. Otherwise it could get messy. If Sony did use the character for a Spider-Man movie, it could be with a different actor (D'Onofrio has no contactual ties with Sony AFAIK), so then you'd have two different Kingpins existing in the Tom Holland Spider-Man universe (if the Netflix shows are part of the MCU, which I think they are technically) :huh:

Not really technically. Straight from Marvel, they are. They also reference the MCU sometimes. Loose references, yes. But, still they reference it.

So which Spider-man villain has a European flavor, other than Kraven

Silver Sable's another one, a kind of international covert jetsetter type, but I can't really see them using her in a movie. Probably tied up with the Sony movies anyway.

Not sure who else would work. But Kraven does seem the most likely angle they'll go here, a reasonably big-name Spidey villain that they haven't touched yet in previous films.

Open ethnicity for never-before seen villain + international plot = Chameleon.

Open ethnicity for never-before seen villain + international plot = Chameleon.

The problem with the Chameleon is a) he doesn't provide opportunities for large scale action scenes, and b) we've seen shape-shifting a million times before, and we've seen instant-disguises done on Mission Impossible.

Glad to see lots of love for Mysterio. What they can do in the sequel could be incredible, especially since magic and quantum realms are now part of the MCU.

I still want to see a proper Shocker. I don't know what that crap in Homecoming with the power glove was.

the Spider-monster?(in what spiderman transformed once in the past)
imagine Hulk vs the Spider-monster or Iron hulk buster ?
The Hulk with arachnofobia?
Black Panther hunting the Spider monster?
Dr Strange seperating Peter from it ?(maybe also Hulk and Baanner)

Kraven would fit in that together with Bettle, Scorpion and Rhino totally.
Propper Schoker would fit into that bunch with someone also using the Vultures armor- something like a first sinister six introduction.

Could see even Ghost, Taskmaster and other related to the plot.

So we're all basically in agreement that it's Kraven, Chameleon, Scorpion, or Mysterio, right?

So we're all basically in agreement that it's Kraven, Chameleon, Scorpion, or Mysterio, right?

I'd say so. Haven't heard anything about Mando coming back yet though.

I'm leaning towards Chameleon and Kraven or Mysterio right now just on the fact that it takes place in UK and Matt Damon

I would guess that Kraven or Mysterio will be the main "poster" villains for the next two Spider-Man films, with appearances from Shocker, Scorpion and Tinkerer.

I imagine that Scorpion will be closer to the Ultimate version of the character and not actually suit up.

I think most are probably right that it will be Kraven, Mysterio, Scorpion, or Chameleon. But that kinda disappoints me, TBH. It seems that Marvel wants to focus on characters who've not been on film before. But I mean...at some point isn't it just underwhelming to have films filled with second-tier villains. Its like making a Batman trilogy with Firefly, Mad Hatter, and Man-Bat as the villains while snubbing Joker, Penguin, Bane, Two-Face, Riddler, etc because they have been on film before. The A-list rogues are A-list for a reason and just because they have been used before, doesn't mean there is less value in seeing them on film again, with a different interpretation, and in the setting of the MCU. Because really, it would be such a missed opportunity to not have Doc Ock or Green Goblin take their place in the MCU while it is in its prime.

And for nothin', but by the time this movie is released, it will have been 15 years since Doc Ock appeared on screen and nearly 20 since we got a proper version of Norman Osborn.

I dunno. I think they could do something very cool with Scorpion.

There’s so much incredible potential with Mysterio, so I how he’s the villain. I wouldn’t mind Kraven either.

Kraven and Mysterio are not just second-tier villains, though. Look at what they did with Vulture on screen.

I don't think Chameleon is a good choice for a shapeshifting vilian, now that the Skrulls will be a part of the MCU.
I really hope for Mysterio - that'd be awesome

Can't Mysterio impersonate someone else, similar to Chameleon anyway? I remember him doing something like that in the 2000 PS1 game.

I still say if Chameleon is the villain, he should be a Skrull!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"