Poll:If DOFP Is a hit but Hugh jackman quits as Wolverine what do you think fox does

Discussion in 'X-Men Sequels' started by marvelrobbins, Sep 30, 2013.

?

If DOFP Is a hit but Hugh Jackman quits as Wolverine what do you think Fox does

1. Quickly reboots series

2. Continue exsisting series but leaves wolverine out for 1 or 2 films so time passes before a recast

3. Quickly recast Wolverine for DOFP followup

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Reboots
    continue Keep Wolverine out of next 1 or 2 films so enough time passes so they
    can recast Wolverine
    They quickly recast Wolverine for DOFP sequel

2. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

Give jackman a long break after DOFP and he will return once he misses the role in a few years

3. Antihero

Antihero Well-Known Member

X-Men without Wolverine is a disaster.That's like having Justice League without Superman AND Batman.

Recasting Wolverine would be the only sensible option.But I am not sure if I can visualise someone else as Wolverine.It is comparatively easier to replace Batman/Iron Man because they spend half the time in their superhero outfits unlike Wolverine.Not to mention Wolverine has appeared in 7 films.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. CyclopsWasRight

CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

First Class wasn't a disaster. Many consider it the best X-Men movie.

I think they'd continue and recast in a few years.

5. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Jackman aint leaving imo. He may be absent for a bit to take a break but that's it. This series is gonna hit a peak with DOFP. The only way they would "reboot" any time soon is with the already established First Class cast...where Jackman's Wolverine is still around.

First Class cast isn't going anywhere either unless DOFP flops, and we already know X-Force is in continuity to the X-Men film world so there's obvioulsy zero plans to completely re-start. They would have to hit a big loss with DOFP for them to re evaluate.

6. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

i agree with both but oh dear this will drive at least 3 predictable posters (who i shall not name) on here nuts and turn this into another FC vs OT dispute

7. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

oh, yeah you can count on that, lol.

8. marvelrobbins

This Is logicil discussion since there are plenty of people online running with jackman about ready to quit stories.

Even If OT and the wolverine were erased you would still have jackman as Wolverine In 1973 however i don't know how X-force would work then.

If they want to do another with OT cast a possable solution Is do X-force and another past film before going back to future with jackman as wolverine.

You could set X-force in altere future Introducing Apocalypse.You could do another past film where James Mcavoy's Xavier recruits teenage versions of Cyclops,Jean,and storm and
    has them with beast.You could Introduce Sinster and then you do film In future where jackman returns as wolverine where X-Men face apocalypse with SInster as servent of apocalpyse.

9. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

X-Force are new characters not mansion related. It doesn't need to be on X1-3's timeline, just the X-Men world all these films take place in the OT post DOFP time. The world won't be completely erased but X1-3 will no longer be the same due to the good ol fun of time travel.

Singer already confirmd this at SDCC. When asked if he's changing the continuity of the established universe he flat out said "Yes, theres some of that", "some things will change, it's the nature of time travel" and "I'm less entrapped by those previous films". He's gonna pick and choose what stays accordingly, so the films can move on without having to erase the X-Men film world completely. This is their form of rebooting while keeping the same actors.

10. marvelrobbins

well I would think X-force would be set in adjusted or corrected future as Bryan Singer might say.I don't think X-force can be set In past before there Is much of X-men.Dofp 1973 part has X-men of Xavier,beast,and Wolverine likely teaming up with Brotherhood of Magneto,Mystique,and Quicksilver against Trask and Stryker.

Introducing Apocalypse In X-force would be Ideal and to give jackman time away from character X-force and a final past X-Men film could be way to go.

11. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree X-Force shouldn't be in the past and should be in the corrected post DOFP future. Sorry, I misread your post earlier.

I agree with X-Force and Apocalypse. I really have no idea with FC and the OT. A movei with either can work, depends where they are when we last see them in DOFP.

12. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

after DOFP, Fox will do at the very least, one more FC movie and X-Force, so they wont do a reboot anytime soon.

So if they want to release more movies in the mean time, another OT sequel is like the most likely option, with or without Wolverine.

But Im sure if Bryan directs another sequel, Hugh will accept to return, maybe as his last movie.

13. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

They are not gonna reboot just because Hugh Jackman won't return after DOFp is released.

FOX would try to release 1 more film w/o Hugh Jackman/Wolverine and see how it will perform. If it bombs, a reboot as the next step would be a possibility.

But I think the success of DOFP, would at least guarantee two more X-Men films. The 8th film will probably perform okay or good just because of the goodwill from DOFP.

14. kasjan

kasjan Well-Known Member

No recast, no reboot, just next parts with other charcaters.

15. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Don't put Wolverine in X-Force. Then recast for X5. Truth be told, Famke Jansson, Liev Schriber, Alan Cumming and Halle Berry are also getting too old and I think that James Marsden only has one or two more roles in him as Cyclops before he also gets recast.

At the same time, Ryan Reynolds, Daniel Cudmore, Anna Paquin, Mei Melcolan, Taylor Kitsch, Lucas Till, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Ellen Page, Ben Foster and Shawn Ashmore aren't too old yet so I hope that Fox keeps their finger off the reset button.

That and there's no age limit on Professor X or Magneto so Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen can remain provided that they both stay healthy.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  16. Lord

Lord All Mighty

In a world where all the major superhero films that started the genre and made part in its rebirth in the early 2000s i'm very glad that FOX hasn't decided to start over again, it's a rare occurence these days

17. kasjan

kasjan Well-Known Member

,,Famke, Berry getting too old"
    LOL at this.
    Alan or Liev, do we need them? Nigtcrawler doesn't want to fight. Sabretooth mutated, and there are other villains to show.

18. MarvelU

MarvelU Well-Known Member

If Jackman hangs up the claws, then he will be taking some time off from X-Men movies, but only to return when there is another big X-Men film like DOFP. I doubt he shows up in X-Force. I think he said in an interview that there has to be a very good/important reason to do another X-Men film.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  19. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I feel the same way!

20. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

Don't recast. There are several options to continue the series without him (and there's a few who'd like to see this). This franchise should be able to squeeze out a few more films before any kind of reboot is mentioned, and if another big event film is on the horizon, lure Jackman back. I'm sure Hugh will not be able to resist another crack at the character in a couple of years.

21. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

This one. He will return after some time. Just do a film without him, people will want more, he'll miss it etc. Introduce Gambit as the new bad boy for the time being or whatever. Anyway I doubt he's done, he will probably be back for at least two or three more if DOFP is a hit.