The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Poll: So how 'bout that trailer?

Giamatti is the only person I could see playing this role who wouldn't make Rhino sound like or resemble the Juggarnaut.
This. Is there anything Giamatti can't do?

I need to see a clearer version before I judge it.
Hehe true, though you can still judge the footage you did get to see.

Keep in mind, this is comic con footage. Compared to what was seen for TASM during SDCC 2011, I think this is already much better

It feels like a Raimi movie than TASM's sequel

Well TASM wasn't as well received by critics and fans as SM1 and SM2 were so it's more than natural to try and capture that same feel (suit, lighting/brighter color palette, overall fun feel). I thought the footage was quite good and I am glad they seem to be distancing themselves from the previous entry.

anyone else notice the last two camera angles in the trailer don't match up?

specifically, spider-man's back/body in relation to the cop car.

anyone else notice the last two camera angles in the trailer don't match up?

specifically, spider-man's back/body in relation to the cop car.

Yeah the angle is different in those two shots
There's another mistake
In one shot he is sticking out his left hand out to Max but in the next shot he licks his right hand

Yeah the angle is different in those two shots
There's another mistake
In one shot he is sticking out his left hand out to Max but in the next shot he licks his right hand

ah, i didn't notice D:

I think people need to understand that this really isn't a trailer, its just comic con footage.

Compare what we have seen here to what we got for TASM. I don't remember it clearly, but it wasn't nearly as good as what we got this time. I think they showed the Lizard coming out the bathroom with the two girls (which ended up getting deleted) and some character moments with Uncle Ben, Dr. Connors, and the teaser trailer we got to see. Not saying it wasn't good, but in comparison, TASM2's footage got me even more excited.

Here is an old article I found talking about it:

http://collider.com/amazing-spider-man-comic-con/

Also, just to clarify something, Marc Webb said this:

When asked if the reboot is darker, Marc Webb says he didn’t make the film “darker” just to be different from Raimi’s. Instead, he wanted it to be more realistic in terms of the characters and the setting. But he also wanted to embrace the humor and levity of the character. He says it’s emotionally complex. Talking about Garfield and Stone, Webb says they’re very present and authentic actors and that they really inhabit the teenager quality of their characters.

He never tried to make the movie like The Dark Knight, or make it realistic. The characters and the environments are more realistic and grounded. But that fantasy element is still there.

Last edited:
I do have to get one thing off my chest. I'm still not buying the quippy Spider-Man. I don't know if it's Garfield's delivery or the writing...but it still comes off kind of awkward to me. I totally agree with JohnFlickster on that one. It feels like they're trying too hard, and I don't find his quips particularly funny or clever. Honestly they sound just like the type of corny quips Tobey's Spidey used to say, to me anyway.

Don't mistake this for me not liking a Spider-Man that quips. I loved it in Spider-Man TAS and TSSM. I still just don't feel they're quite capturing it. Hopefully the movie will prove me wrong.

I do have to get one thing off my chest. I'm still not buying the quippy Spider-Man. I don't know if it's Garfield's delivery or the writing...but it still comes off kind of awkward to me. I totally agree with JohnFlickster on that one. It feels like they're trying too hard, and I don't find his quips particularly funny or clever. Honestly they sound just like the type of corny quips Tobey's Spidey used to say, to me anyway.

Don't mistake this for me not liking a Spider-Man that quips. I loved it in Spider-Man TAS and TSSM. I still just don't feel they're quite capturing it. Hopefully the movie will prove me wrong.

I couldn't disagree more, but to each their own. I don't find anything awkward about the quips, and I totally buy it. Don't think they are trying too hard at all. But thanks for sharing your thoughts. :up:

I seriously can't believe JohnFlickster said it felt like "Spider-Man impersonating Spider-Man." :doh:

JohnFlickster is a t***.

I could see the laundry scene as maybe being a tad bit forced. Just a tad though lol...probably the "laundry sheriff" part seemed a little forced.

The rest of his wisecracking in the trailer was awesome though. The thing I like is that he's consistent with being a funny guy both as Spidey AND as Peter.

In the Raimi movies, to me the humor felt forced because it just didn't seem to fit with the rest of his personality. I think we can all see that Toby's Peter was a bit of a sensitive crybaby...so to have him making light of a tense situation and cracking jokes just seemed kind of out of place.

Like the bank scene "here's your change!" to me totally felt forced. It was like Raimi was thinking "oh here's an action scene, let's squeeze a goofy line in there", JUST to make it seem like classic Spidey for that one scene, whereas most of the rest of the movie he just quit being the funny guy. Garfield's Spidey is consistent with the humor, so to me it feels more natural when he says a goofy line.

Not knocking the Raimi movies though, they're great. I'm just really liking the improvement to this part of Spidey's personality in the Webb movies.

Last edited:
CDB delivered Spider-Man's quips the best. He'll always be Spidey's voice in my head.

*Lands on hood of truck*
"How ya doing? I'm Spider-Man!"
*Pops head in window and grabs steering wheel*
"Here let me help you with that!"

I loved this part. It was just the right amount of the confident sarcastic smartass Spidey and it certainly wasn't trying too hard. It's not about Spidey telling one-liner jokes all the time--it's about his swashbuckling attitude that is so important. That one short clip is a great example of attaining the right perspective.

If the score is done properly, that scene could be hilarious.

I absolutely loved everything about this footage and my eyes were glued to the screen it was awesome but I look forward to something official

I wish I had the will power to wait until the movie came out and to not watch any trailers at all... Then again, I have zero will power so I will watch every trailer, tv spot, behind the scenes, bootlegged footage etc. out there until the movie is completely spoiled for me. :o

I haven't watched this footage since the day and the day after it was leaked.

I watch it here and there. Kinda spread out haha. But an HD trailer is all I want right now.
I think iTunes trailers lets you put trailers on your phone somehow. I forget if you have to pay or not..probably not. But I did that last time haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"