Poll: THE BATMAN

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Binker, Feb 13, 2006.

?

Poll: THE BATMAN

1. LOVE

2. LIKE

3. DISLIKE

4. HATE

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Alpha and Omega Registered

I like it. Obviously it's not what 'Batman: the animated series' was, but it's still decent. Some of the one-liners are borderline intolerable, but I'm a huge Batman fan, so I tend to make excuses for that. . .

. . . . what? If Lucas fans can do it, why can't I?:o

On the other hand, instead of creating "The Batman," I wish Warner had just revived the "Beyond" series. I really liked it.

2. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

dislike, but not hate.

3. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

The Dislike/Hate people are beating the Love/Like people Binker. I dare you to put this poll in the JLU forum

4. Binker Registered

No, Like/Dislike are more than Love/Hate. I won't put this at the JLU board because it doesn't belong there, does it?

5. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

If you add dislike and hate together they beat love and like. Why are you trying to warp the numbers?

6. Binker Registered

Warp? Do you wrap the numbers? Well its because this forum isn't the only one on TB, you know. Even if dislike/hate are bigger here, somewhere else its different.

As of right now, the total from all three sites with this poll:

LOVE: 16
    LIKE: 16
    DISLIKE: 11
    HATE: 9

7. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Let me guess Legions of Gotham right?
    I was saying to try and put this in the JLU forum because it is virtually universally hated because of the Bat-Embargo installed on it.

8. droogiedroogie2 Registered

The DISLIKES and HATES are winning, biznitches!

9. Binker Registered

No they're not.

32 for Love/Like & 20 for Dislike/Hate.

ANd not just Legiosn of Gotham but Batman Yesterday, Today & Beyond. And don't say "you shouldn't put the poll there, they would say they love it". Not the case. Even people there have problems with the show and say that.

10. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Frankl;y most of us dont care about the polls on the other sites (especially since their bias is without question) so the people around here will stick to the results on this site.

11. hunter_hippie Registered

I still have yet to hear how any embargo is harming JLU. Please enlighten me.

12. hunter_hippie Registered

:confused: :confused: What? How are other sites any more or less biased than people here are? Your statement makes absolutely NO sense.

13. jaydawg Registered

I'm not sure where exactly to vote. I dont like the show. I dont hate it. But I'm probably a bit more on the negative side than dislike. See I dont hate it for the Embargo since thats completely executive faults. I dont hate it because its not like BTAS. But I dont like because the show itself is a joke. Piss poor character designs, childish plotlines, terrible characterizations... the show is just bad.

Its like the choose the worst aspects of a character and then mold them into an entitie for the show. Penguin is a good example of this. Burton design/60's show personality and then they add kung-fu. To top it all off, he appears every other episode. Why?

Then they rely way too much on Joker. I can understand why, but at least when BTAS did it, every appearance ment something. On this show, its like he shows up just to show up. Hell, the only good villain on this show is the Riddler and he's only got what.... two, three apperances? Don't even get me started on Batgirl.

But heres what really bothers me: the show has potential. Potential only shown in a select few episodes (like Riddled) and in one really good DTV. So why, why, why is the show itself so bad? Add to the fact that many of the people making the show have had years of experience with BTAS, STAS and even JLU. And dont say its censors. TMNT, which is on the airwave on a main channel, just like TB, every saturday morning, shows things like decapitations, destroying buildings, realistic guns and all kinds of weapons. X-men and Spider-man both had to deal with insane censors and yet they both had several mature, well-written storylines.

So no, I dont hate the show. But I sure as hell dont like it. I'll only watch it if nothing else is on. If it wasnt for The Riddler and its fight scenes, this show would be completely unwatchable.

14. Spider-Gamer Registered

I have to agree.

15. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Both of those sites are specifically devoted to Batman, while this board is for all superhero fans. This forum specifically is for The Batman, so we get an influx of users here who are fans of Batman and other superheroes, so in a sense have a broader perspective on animation and the superhero genre as in general. While the other two sites are devoted to only Batman its not surprising to see the polls are so one sided. I dont think its possible to argue that any further.

16. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Ra's al Ghul. Deathstroke. Nightwing. Aquaman. Black Manta being Devil Ray. The Teen Titans.

'Nuff said. Great stories could have been made with these characters, especially Ra's al Ghul. And extra especially Deathstroke, the coolest villain in all the DCU.

17. Binker Registered

Look, even I have problems with the show. Again, not every show is perfect. That goes for BTAS.

I always have headaches where I would watch BTAS or any of the Timmverse shows and go "this is great, why isn't TB like that". Then start hating it. But once I see TB, either by listening to the music or watching good episodes like Riddled or the DTV, I end up liking it and going "why was I hating it?"

I love everything DC. Still, there can be things to pist me off. I'm not that kind of guy who watches shows with a huge grin, shaking my head all the time.

I love BTAS, don't get me wrong. If not this show, I would wish they would've rebroadcasted BTAS to tie in to the movie. Same would go for STAS for Superman Returns.

But I like TB and it still has ways to go before everyone can agree on it. If anything, season one represented this show as a completely negetive. And if that season's finale and more postivies started by season two come out, then what Matsuda said "as the show ages, it matures" starts to become true.

Speakign about him, he said in the LoG boards that he's a fan of Batman. Works by Lee, Miller, O'Neil are among of his likes. But in posts about darkness, he said that Batman is dark (of course) it's hard to translate it to kids television. Now, that could be BS, but its on 8:30am, and even I don't know the rules for shows on that time. If anything, if theres a reason why the show is what it is, then it ain't the crew. Its something else.

Look, for the people who hate it: I respect your opinion. But most of the people who hate it only have seen 1-3 episodes and those episodes I can agree can be "meh". But if you've only seen not the whole number of episodes, then you shouldn't say you hate it because you haven't seen the whole thing. Here's what you should do: watch ALL the episodes. That way, once you've seen it all and still feel you don't like it, you can say you hate it for good reason and I won't argue for you. At least you saw then just 1-3.

18. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

I have watched all the episodes, and I still dont like it.

19. Binker Registered

Have you seen the DTV or the comic?

If you did and your opinion still stands on thsoe too, I won't fight you.

20. deathshead2 Registered

I have seen some episodes the show could be great but its not. The writers dont seem to care the bad guys dont really seem to have a meaning to them. I dont care for them,but in B:tas I did the clayface episode in B:tas almost makes me cry as does heart of ice.

21. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Yes, ive seen the DTV and admit it wa better than the series, but still not what im looking for when watching a Batman cartoon. I dont bother with the Johnny DC Comics, they all suck and that has nothing to do with the show.

22. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

The DTV was great and totally awesome unlike the show. And ALL Johnny DC comics suck. Horribly. Including Justice League Unlimited. It's the worst part of the DC Comics line-up

23. Binker Registered

OK, I get it and I respect your opinion.

Look guys, if this show was shi**y. Not the way right now where you guys say its shi**y, no I mean really shi**y shi**y shi**y. If the show was that, I would say "it sucks" and I would've band together with you to get WB to air BTAS again. And if the toys or anything else from the show didn't do hot, it would've been off the air quietly and been replace by BTAS, if we demanded it of course.

Umm, did any of you guys see the original concepts of villians; Joker, Scarecrow? On Joker he looked terriflying, now he isn't. Could the sensors be the reason behind this?

24. droogiedroogie2 Registered

Why does everybody say that? The JLU comic has given them a chance to showcase heroes that never got a chance to appear in any real capacity in the show.

OK, the Space Cabbie issue sucked. That was just stupid. But the Deadman issue was flippin' sweet. Most of the rest have been pretty decent. Nothing like Batman Adventures or any of the older Timmverse comic spinoffs, but decent.

For some reason, Binker, I'm seeing a totally different number than you are. I see 24-18, the negatives have it.

25. hunter_hippie Registered

Titans have (had) their own show. Speedy is going to show up in JLU soon, Nightwing makes an appearance as well.

Thing is, the people that are p!ssed about the embargo make it seem like those characters impacted are the ONLY ones that could be used to make a 'great' JLU episode. That's BS. Yes, Deathstroke could have been used effectively. Ras vs the league would have been cool. They can't be done, and since JLU is coming to an end, we won't get them unless there's a DTV planned. Get over it and enjoy what's out there now. Bashing The Batman or Titans because of something petty like this is just silly.

The writers on JLU had to utilize other characters because they couldn't fall back into thinking 'let's throw Batgirl in here' - instead, they had to use Huntress. Now we're getting a Huntress toy out of the deal. The more characters that we get on the show, the better potential for toys down the road. Do you really think that we'd have gotten the Flash museum, rogues gallery etc, if the writers could have just thrown together another Joker story? I doubt it. Not being able to play with certain characters, while it limits the team in some respects, it also makes them be more creative in their character selection and helps in fleshing out the entire JLU.

Again, if you (or those that are upset about the Bat embargo) want Dini versions of those characters impacted, go watch the DVD sets. They're on there.

(And I'm still waiting for a convincing argument about how the embargo hurts the JLU and makes Batman a bad show as a result.)