Poll: THE BATMAN

hunter_hippie said:
Nightwing makes an appearance as well.

I really , really, really, really, really, really, wish i was not SPOILED !!! on that one. that would of been a great surprise for me to know that unexpecteadly.

THANKS! Thanks a whole LOT!! i still can't come to a conclusion on why people can use freaking SPOILER TAGS!! ill never find an awsner to this.

Rowen said:
I really , really, really, really, really, really, wish i was not SPOILED !!! on that one. that would of been a great surprise for me to know that unexpecteadly.

THANKS! Thanks a whole LOT!! i still can't come to a conclusion on why people can use freaking SPOILER TAGS!! ill never find an awsner to this.

Spoiler: highlight to read! Maybe if there were a 'spoiler' feature on SHH, I'd have used it. Unfortunately there isn't one, so I didn't. I didn't tell you where or when he shows up and honestly, it's pretty common knowledge that he makes an appearance.

droogiedroogie2 said:
For some reason, Binker, I'm seeing a totally different number than you are. I see 24-18, the negatives have it.

That's because I used the results of this poll on the other sites to give a complete total.

hunter_hippie said:
Spoiler: highlight to read! Maybe if there were a 'spoiler' feature on SHH, I'd have used it. Unfortunately there isn't one, so I didn't. I didn't tell you where or when he shows up and honestly, it's pretty common knowledge that he makes an appearance.

There is [xspoiler]blah blah blah[/xspoiler] of course without the x's.

Rowen said:

His appearance was on Teen Titans like 2 seasons ago. No spoiler tags are required.

hunter_hippie said:
Titans have (had) their own show. Speedy is going to show up in JLU soon, Nightwing makes an appearance as well.
Speedy's appearance in Justice League Unlimited was awesome, but Nightwing's appearance doesn't count since you only see a brief image of him crouching in the dark barely seeing him and he doesn't say a damn thing. That's like counting that Kid Flash appeared in Justice League Unlimited because there was a Kid Flash display in the Flash Museum.

Thing is, the people that are p!ssed about the embargo make it seem like those characters impacted are the ONLY ones that could be used to make a 'great' JLU episode. That's BS. Yes, Deathstroke could have been used effectively. Ras vs the league would have been cool. They can't be done, and since JLU is coming to an end, we won't get them unless there's a DTV planned. Get over it and enjoy what's out there now. Bashing The Batman or Titans because of something petty like this is just silly.
Deathstroke and Ra's would have made extremely kick ass episodes. EXTREMELY KICK ASS. But they won't happen since the embargos affected them from appearing. I would have also liked to have seen Aquaman this season but that won't happen now because of the Aqua-Embargo imposed because of Mercy Reef.

The writers on JLU had to utilize other characters because they couldn't fall back into thinking 'let's throw Batgirl in here' - instead, they had to use Huntress. Do you really think that we'd have gotten the Flash museum, rogues gallery etc, if the writers could have just thrown together another Joker story? I doubt it. Not being able to play with certain characters, while it limits the team in some respects, it also makes them be more creative in their character selection and helps in fleshing out the entire JLU.
Even before the Bat-Embargo was put into effect the Joker was used only twice. All other episodes focused on major villains such as Gorilla Grodd, Darkseid, Doomsday, Vandal Savage, and many others. So that puts your arguement that if there was no Bat-Embargo, only Batman characters would be used. As a matter in fact most of the villains used in both Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are Superman villains (Livewire, Toyman, Lex Luthor, Silver Banshee, Bizarro, Darkseid, Kalibak, Brainiac, Volcana, Luminous, and Mongul) and the Flash villains (Weather Wizard, Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, the Trickster, the Turtle, Gorilla Grodd, the Shade, Heat Wave, Mirror Master, the Top, Dr. Alchemy, Mr. Element, Thinker, the Fiddler, Pied-Piper, Giganta, Abra-Kadabra, and Golden Glider) compared to Batman villains (the Joker, Harley Quinn, Firefly, Blockbuster, Ventriloquist/Scarface, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, and KGBeast). That makes your arguement moot.

Now we're getting a Huntress toy out of the deal. The more characters that we get on the show, the better potential for toys down the road.
Who gives a damn about the toys? Most toys based on cartoons suck anyways. I've seen the toys to Justice League Unlimited and they look rather crappy.

Again, if you (or those that are upset about the Bat embargo) want Dini versions of those characters impacted, go watch the DVD sets. They're on there.
Will do, got all 4 volumes of BTAS and all 4 DTVs. Got both volumes of STAS and will be getting the STAS DTV along with the volumes of Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited.

(And I'm still waiting for a convincing argument about how the embargo hurts the JLU and makes Batman a bad show as a result.)
Because of the Bat-Embargo almost none of Batman's villains such as the Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface, the Scarecrow, and others are not part of the new Secret Society of Supervillains, all of whom are part of the Secret Society in the comics (except for Poison Ivy whose dead). We can't see Penguin act as an arms dealer that he is in the comics. We can't see Ra's al Ghul take down the Justice League. We can't see the Joker who is one of the coolest villains in comics and do things like he does in the comics such as torment Lex Luthor. The Bat-Embargo, the Titans-Embargo, and the Aqua-Embargo are extremely annoying.

However, the Bat-Embargo does not make the Batman a bad show. It just makes fans of Justice League Unlimited more pissed off at it. The Batman is a bad show due to $#!tty writing, poor voice acting (excluding Robert Englund for his rendition of the Riddler), poor character designs, the campiness which does not belong in Batman in todays age, the puns, the change in origins that are not superior to the origns presented in the comics or BTAS, the show is nothing more than a 30 minute toy commercial like Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were, and the fact that it will be forever compared to BTAS as an inferior show, make it a bad show.

Darthphere said:
His appearance was on Teen Titans like 2 seasons ago. No spoiler tags are required.

Thats different, cause i didn't expect nightwing to appear in teen titans. his appearace was :eek: !!!!. now thanks to another poster, i got spoiled yet agian on nightwings appearnce.

now i know exactly what he's going to be doing now.

alot of posters are fogetting that some of us do not download. we wait till the episdoe airs. i just find it more enjoyable knowing that when im watching it, other people are watcing it.

but when you spoil an epsidoe or events of an epsidoe that some people haven't seen. it takes the suspense & surprise out of the epsidoe.

hunter_hippie said:

How is it common knowledge about nightwing showing up in jlu, i don't get it. from all the information from various sites & what bruce timm & co saids. i really thought that he was not going to show up.

& agian it would of been a nice surprise, seeing him showing up, but in the back of mind mind not knowing that he wasn't going to show up, based on all the infomation & theroies.

the element of surprise is thrown out the window now.

you missed the entire point of my post. poople are so clueless these days

Meh, ive seen a lot worse than that. And why do you keep bringing up the censors. A villain doesnt have to be scary looking to be effective.

Ah.

Okay then.

I do hope LoG does get that another chat with Matsuda sometime in the spring or summer. I would get to ask him some things :)

On that note.....I got nothing to say.

Binker said:
Ah.

Okay then.

I do hope LoG does get that another chat with Matsuda sometime in the spring or summer. I would get to ask him some things :)

On that note.....I got nothing to say.

Ask him if he's actually going to do the new Superman cartoon

Once Spring/Summer comes, and we get an answer. LoG has a topic where we can ask questions to people from TB and the comics and they have one now for a crew member from the '89 film.

I posted twice on the Matsuda topic of questions and suggestions that I hope he gets there (Matt did e-mailed him to check in at LoG). I did post a good idea for an episode.

Anyway, I did ask Matt since he has talked to the crew of TB and I asked him what this topic is focused on and he answered with this:

There are different reasons for the tone in the show..firstly, you have to understand that the LAST thing anyone wanted was a BTAS re-make.....and so they strayed as far away from that tone as they could to make something different..problem is, they may have originally strayed a little TOO far.

Censors play a part in a lot of the little *****es people have about the show....network plays others. Its a different climate now than it was back on the BTAS days..hence why you don't see JLU on the networks, only on cable.

I honestly feel that people need to relax. If you enjoy it, watch it. If you don't....then abstain. Its pretty simple. I try to enjoy my hobby, not complain about it. Mind you, there are times to complain *cough*Schumacher*cough*

Hmm....

There is just nothing new in this 'The Batman' show. I like it but there are no wow factors here. Plus it lacks Kevin Conroys voice TALENTS from the older Batman series! Mark Hamal as the joker can not be beaten.

urge to kill...rising

Rowen said:
alot of posters are fogetting that some of us do not download. we wait till the episdoe airs. i just find it more enjoyable knowing that when im watching it, other people are watcing it.
So download it and watch it with a friend.

Darthphere said:
Meh, ive seen a lot worse than that. And why do you keep bringing up the censors. A villain doesnt have to be scary looking to be effective.
BTAS Scarecrow disproves that. He was completely ineffective because he just looked like your wierd old neighbor down the street. His redesign was the best thing about TNBA.

hippie_hunter said:
Ask him if he's actually going to do the new Superman cartoon
And beg him not to.

******* From LOG said:
I honestly feel that people need to relax. If you enjoy it, watch it. If you don't....then abstain. Its pretty simple. I try to enjoy my hobby, not complain about it. Mind you, there are times to complain *cough*Schumacher*cough*
1. It's not that simple that we can just ignore it, because it means there's no chance for a GOOD Batman show.
2. Like he says, when something is really bad, you should complain about it. And The Batman is easily just as bad as Schumacher's movies, maybe worse because Schumacher didn't **** up other Batman media like The Batman does.

I've watched all styles of cartoons for the past 40 years and I think "The Batman" is one of the smartest, stylish, and well crafted cartoons since Batman the Animated series. There's not a cartoon out there, including the new, much over-rated, Ultimate Avengers that touches it. I love the show and I hope it continues being successful. The producers have crafted a show that is fun for kids, interesting for adults, and entertaining for artists who work in the panel graphic art form. It touches a wide and diverse cross section of the marketplace.

40 years? A veteran, huh? Could you explain in full detail a review from you on this show bit by bit?

Well, if I read your fragmented sentence correctly, I assume you feel there's some need to find the hidden novel in this cartoon. What "bit" would you like explained? Do you need a six page dissertation or do you understand this is a cartoon about a boy who wears tights and a cape to fight crime? I might have watched my share of animation in the past forty years but I know when to seperate my life from fantasy. Do you know the origin of Batman as it pertains to the comic? Do you know what his original villians were? Do you know who cried foul play when Robin was introduced? Do you know what most government officials thought about Batman and Robin back in the 50's? C'mon now. If you can dissect every detail of "The Batman" then this is child's play. Okay. Go out there and study up and then come back when you think you have the answers. Thanks for playing son.

No, I mean: I like the show too. If you read the posts here, you can see that. I'm just askign if you would like to explain why you like it for others you don't like it or can't believe people do this show.

Webhead38 said:
I've watched all styles of cartoons for the past 40 years and I think "The Batman" is one of the smartest, stylish, and well crafted cartoons since Batman the Animated series. There's not a cartoon out there, including the new, much over-rated, Ultimate Avengers that touches it. I love the show and I hope it continues being successful. The producers have crafted a show that is fun for kids, interesting for adults, and entertaining for artists who work in the panel graphic art form. It touches a wide and diverse cross section of the marketplace.

Youre blind arent you.:( :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"