Poll: THE BATMAN

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Binker, Feb 13, 2006.

?

Poll: THE BATMAN

1. LOVE

2. LIKE

3. DISLIKE

4. HATE

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Wow. Thats all I got to say, wow.:eek:

2. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

A couple of things I need to get off about this pretentious post. Batman is about a "man" who wears tights and fights crime. Not a boy. And even then, its a lot more than that. I dont know why youre bringing up all this 50's comics crap since there was a little thing called Crisis on Infinite Earths that pretty much wiped all that history out in the 80's. Today;s Batman is a lot different from the 50's one. The Batman is not a great representation of what Batman is in the comics world, today but its close enough for me. You think by throwing a couple of Batman factoids out there that makes you look smarter? You may have been watching cartoons for 40 years but its apparent you dont know **** about Batman. Even Binker and the others know the differences between both mediums. And you know, I butthead with Binker a lot but hes a pretty cool guy and I dont appreciate you trying to make him look dumb when apparently if you had any reading comprehension skills would know hes on your side of the argument. But of course who has time to read with 40 years of cartoons to watch. Binker understands Batman, I understand Batman, Hunter Hippie and Hippie Hunter understand what Batman is today, you sir dont. I think you need to study up on the modern Batman and come up with your own answers.

3. captain_jimbo I love Star Trek XI

4. MLX Registered

I like it, but season three is a bit weak IMO.

5. Webhead38 Registered

My goodness Darth! May I call you Darth? The dark side is on the loose tonight isn't it?! Briefly, I don't find it necessary to read the entire thread when I'm being responded to on a singular item by Mr."Binker". In case your not familiar with the use of the english language he responded to my entry with very sarcastic dialog, suggesting that I had come here to somehow falsely pump myself up over a simple opinion of a cartoon (which I didn't). If I took his comments incorrectly it's because he didn't state them in the manner he intended. His comments suggested I knew nothing about the history of Batman, hence the reply which covered some of the early years of the caped crusader. The overall affect was intended to volley back the same sarcasm handed to me. It was not intended to somehow tie together current events or story lines concerning the character, as you seem so desperate to prove. So you might want to take your own advice and read over our original exchange because I still have my answers and your still in the dark. My apologies Mr. Binker if you were supporting my views. As for your fair weather "friend" he has much to learn... kind of like his favorite movie villian!
    Oh well, youth has it's many stages of learning. I'm sure he'll grow into a fine young man. If he likes Batman he's doing pretty good.

6. Binker Registered

Well, Batman isn't the only hero I like.

But I like the show. And I wish my ideas will be seen by that crew and come into reality.

7. deathshead2 Registered

What are your ideas maybe it would let me be able to somehow watch it.

8. Binker Registered

My ideas?

Well for one: I want a Gordon episode because like in the Thunder episode, he seems too dependant on Batman. So in that episode, I want the board of directors on Gordon on his motives, calls on emergencies and on Batman doing a cop's job. And why he hasn't been caught since he's much of a criminal like the villians he fights. And Gordon must defend himself, as well as Batman.

The second idea is a follow up to TB not being a Superman show but a Superman/Batman series. I want it to be like the series Loeb created and instead of having just those two, WW, Outsiders, Teen Titans, JLA, JSA, etc appear as well so it ain't just about Superman and Batman. Including different Worlds Finestes.

Both of these ideas were e-mailed by me to Matsuda so I hope it happens. Since he reads reviews and comments by fans, I have my hope.

9. deathshead2 Registered

1 sounds neat 2 uhhh just no.

10. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

If there is going to be a new show, at least let it be on a completely new character that hasn't been done before. How about he gets a character such as Guy Gardner, Bushido, Risk, Grace Choi, or some hero that no one absolutely cares about. That way if it's bad no one will care because no one cares about those characters, if it's good, Matsuda will forever be praised for making a character that no one cares about into a kick ass character.

11. deathshead2 Registered

Yes thats an idea give that Matsuda guy someone no one cares about that Timm/DINI never used. Um like rocket red no one likes him.

12. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

There's got to be someone that likes Rocket Red. I say Guy Gardner, no one likes him or his hairy ass and the fact that he was in that horrible JLA pilot doesn't help either.

13. XwolverineX Registered

How 'bout KYLE!!

14. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

People like Kyle, I like Kyle.

If anyone says Aquaman, I personally see to it that they will suffer for it :mad:

15. hunter_hippie Registered

Sorry - I absolutely LOVE Guy Gardner. In the right writer's hands, he's awesome! I have every issue of Warrior. "Formerly Known As" wouldn't be the same book without Guy.

Aquaman on the other hand....talks to fish. :down He can't even talk to them well enough to keep them from eating his hand. How lame. :eek:

16. XwolverineX Registered

Well why not do it on Kyle? So what if he's liked, no one outside of comics fans know of him. Th' general public only knows HJ.

17. hunter_hippie Registered

Wrong. The 'general public' doesn't know Jordan. They MIGHT know Green Lantern, but they certainly don't know who's in the suit. Same with Robin. Robin is the character - not Tim, not Dick, not Jason - its Robin.

Shows like these are playing to the fanboy legion - not the 'general public. The 'general public' doesn't know (or care) who's under the mask or in the suit. The character is what matters.

18. XwolverineX Registered

They know Green Lantern, but they also know him as a white brown haired man. No black haired, that's all I meant, his appearence is more commenly known.

19. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Actually most people think GL is a black man.

20. deathshead2 Registered

Thats true ask young kids and they will say GL is black thanks to JL and JLU.

21. Binker Registered

I want Superman/Batman.

22. deathshead2 Registered

:down :mad: No no no

23. Guardian Enzo Registered

I like it, it's ok.

24. droogiedroogie2 Registered

This is going to seem like I'm just being contentious and cutesy, but I always have liked the Rocket Red Brigade. I thought Josef was a tragic character.

25. deathshead2 Registered

I just said RR cus I didn't know who he was until he blew up.