Poll: Will You Support Sony's Next Spider-Man Film Without Marvel?

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Detective Conan, Aug 22, 2019.

?

Will You Support Sony's Third Spider-Man Film Without Marvel?

1. Yes! I'm fine with it, just give me good movies.

59 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. No! I refuse to support it. Spider-Man belongs with Marvel, not Sony!

64 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. daddydivine I'm black, I can say it.

I'm kinda meh on the entire Spider-man issue. Take out Spider-man in any of the MCU movies NOT starring Spider-man and all you miss is a joke or two. Honestly Sony can have Spider-man just means more stuff opening up for X-men and Fantastic Four. The only strong connection Spidey had to the MCU was with Iron Man and Iron Man is gone.

I still won't watch a Sony Spider-man movie though... just because I'm petty like that.

Docker2.0 likes this.
  2. Frankeh Registered

3. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Spider-Man is my second favorite superhero, so I will always want to support his movies, regardless of the studio making them. I hope Spider-Man does have a bright future on film, and I can't wait to see the next one.

4. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

That's how I see it. With Spiderman out, it just means that F4 and X-men will be fast tracked to the forefront,especially with the older Avengers out. I'm so interested in who the new Wolverine will be and can't wait for John and Emily Blunt to be cast in the new F4.

5. MahvelBaby! Registered

First ever live action Spider-Man under the watch of Tom Rothman...a lot is riding on this... which means he will personally ruin the film in editing because he thinks he is Cecil B. Demille.

thangaran and Bayne like this.
  6. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

He did such an amazing job at Fox with Fantastic Four, so I'm sure he'll bring that genius to Spider-Man.:dry:

7. NHawk19 insert witty comment

Being an MCU movie I would've been more likely to just go see it to stay up on the narrative.

They did end the movie at a decent jumping off point, so now they'll have to earn it a little more than before. The trailers, reviews, minor spoilers, and plot points will play in more heavily to whether I'll go to a theater and see it. If I see it in theaters though, it'll just be to close out the FFH trilogy and see what happens. Don't think I'm looking to invest specifically in another cinematic universe right now. Especially with everything else that's coming from the main MCU.

If it's good, great. I'll get my monies worth. If not then Sony's done nothing more than what they usually do, and I don't have to continue with the rest of their stuff because it won't impact the main narrative I'm following. In the end though I hope they go back to the table and work it out, I'd like Spidey to continue to play a role in the MCU narrative.

#82 NHawk19, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  8. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I think the silver-lining on this cloud is it will allow Marvel to focus on the FF and X-Men, but even though I'm a huge FF fan, I'd rather not see that at the expense of Spider-man.

... but it will be pretty cool if Feige sees it as a particular challenge to stick it to Sony by showing them what he can do. :D

Shuri, MahvelBaby! and NHawk19 like this.
  9. NHawk19 insert witty comment

I'm assuming by Sony you specifically mean Rothman :D especially after what he did previously to what Marvel now holds.

10. MahvelBaby! Registered

He is known to insert himself into the editing process Venom was his latest victim. Expect more of that.

11. NHawk19 insert witty comment

Can you imagine the focus on Rothman for the next F4? His made $167M WW on a $120M budget.

Say Feige goes $175M on budget and makes an average MCU film (not including the Avengers series). That'd be somewhere in the $775M-$800M WW range, with potential for a higher end being over 1 billion.

That'd be a 1:1 comparison between him and Fiege/Disney. Then on top of that if the next Spider-man movie comes in under Homecoming's $880M WW, I cant imagine the kinds of questions about his creative decisions and deal making that would be asked .

Then if Sony does get bought out who knows where his future ends up because of this. Should've stayed at the table until some kind of agreement was reached.

#86 NHawk19, Aug 26, 2019
    MahvelBaby! likes this.
  12. MahvelBaby! Registered

Spider-verse is lucky as hell he didn't care enough.

Bayne likes this.
  13. MahvelBaby! Registered

Well for those who wanted an older Spidey in the MCU when he magically shows up again in 10 years they'll get their wish lololol

14. WeaponXCII Registered

No.

I've shared this before, but one of the main reasons that I love the Marvel (Cinematic) Universe is that it is a universe- one where all of these rich characters are able to interact and create such a rich dynamic. With Spider-Man on his own, he isn't in a universe anymore.

Shuri, Docker2.0 and MahvelBaby! like this.
  15. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Will not support sonyverse

MahvelBaby! and Docker2.0 like this.
  16. spider-neil spins a web any size!

I've just watched Into the Spider-Verse, for like the hundredth time. Say what you will about Sony but that movie is a freaking masterpiece.

metaphysician and MahvelBaby! like this.
  17. MahvelBaby! Registered

It is legitimately great...they will ruin it now

metaphysician likes this.
  18. SkullDevil The White Portuguese

Thank Lord and Miller for the quality of that movie. I choose to believe Arad had nothing to do with it (mostly because he was involved with Venom, thank god).

MahvelBaby! likes this.
  19. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

If they give him back organic webbing, absolutely.

No seriously though, I don't know at this point, way too early to tell. Probably won't be seeing anything for the next 2 years, a lot has to happen first. Suit design, villain, story, etc. At this point I'm just observing.

20. spider-neil spins a web any size!

The two Spider-Man movies that I would label 'great', as in not just good superhero movies but good movies in general are Spider-Man 2 and Into the Spider-Verse. Both movies had the most hands-off approach from the producers. That can't be a coincidence.

MahvelBaby! and Stormborn like this.
  21. Boom I got nothin'

I'm not optimistic, now that Avi Arad has a pitched tent over Venom.

22. MahvelBaby! Registered

Rothman interfered with Venom in the editing room which is why it feels so dated he did the same thing with x3 and and xmen origins.

It's widely believed Sony was hands off on into the spiderverse because they didn't have any Hope's for it.

23. The Shape In the shadows

If the next Spider-man movie is from Sony and it looks good and/or interesting, of course I'll see it and therefore support it. Seems pretty silly to me to write off a movie (that could potentially be awesome) based on the studio backing it.

Then again, I personally hope that what we see in the next Spidey movie is a bit of a departure from what we got in his last two MCU solo movies.

Filmfreak likes this.
  24. Frodo Registered

As far as the topic goes, I am a Spiderman fan , regardless of whether Feige, Arad, Rothman, Pascal or Horn have any to do with a particular Spiderman film or set of films. I want these films to be good and succeed ,with or without Marvel and Disney.

Imo , you can't really call yourself a fan of Spiderman if you're rooting for Sony to fail with it or make a stinker whether Marvel is involved or not.

Calling Sony out Sony's history on making Spidermans film and wishing Disney and control is fair.

That's why fans would have a healthy dose of skepticism and should keep Sony accountable so they don't give us another Spiderman 3 or ASM 2.

In my book, that's being a good fan.

Filmfreak likes this.
  25. MahvelBaby! Registered

Fine I won't put a hex on this next film then :o

#100 MahvelBaby!, Aug 26, 2019
    Shuri likes this.