Popular characters you don't like so much (or hate)

Sundancer

Cynicist
Reaction score
I hate Harley Quinn. She annoys the hell out of me. Just curious what other characters others aren't so keen on.

Harley Quinn for me as well.

Batman, clearly. In any show, in any cartoon, in any *****ing medium, he always comes on top. It's more than annoying when you enjoy others characters like GL or Aquaman , etc, etc... Definitely Batman.
Oh yeah, and Guy Gardner...

Superman or any of clones of him (Captain Marvel, ect). Most of them are boring and way overpowered.

I'm a Batman fan, but the favoritism he gets does get kind of annoying. Especially when it comes at the cost of Superman or Flash (they dumb those two down).

Also, BARRY ****ING ALLEN! I don't care how people spin it, he murdered everyone in the old DCU and everyone in the Flashpoint universe because he missed his mommy. The last guy who went around destroying universes was the Anti-monitor and everyone got together to murder the **** out of him.

Hate is too strong a strong word, but Martian Manhunter simply bores me.

I also like the idea of Red Tornado (cool power set, great look, and a timeless theme), but in execution he always puts me to sleep.

Roy Harper I actively hated during Brad Meltzer's Justice League of America run, but I've since mellowed on him. I even kind of like him on Arrow.

What about the first Red Tornado? :D

A housewife who went out to fight crime with a cooking pot on her head.

redtornado.jpg

What about the first Red Tornado? :D

A housewife who went out to fight crime with a cooking pot on her head.

redtornado.jpg

THAT. IS. AMAZING!

Hate? None that I can think. Well I hate Oracle, I like Barbara as Batgirl, not FDR with b00bs.

I don't like Hal Jordan. So bland, no personality. I hate Guy Garder but he has a personality at least.

Dick Grayson as Robin. Probably just didn't age well, all of the others contributed to better stories since by then kids weren't written as "yes sir, yes m'am I am well behaved" etc. Back then kids do as their told, do not challenge or speak out against authority figures (or so they say), eat their vegetables and what not. It's not Dick's fault. Just different time. Whereas if they tried Jason Todd in the Golden Age, well Seduction of the Innocent may have come out sooner. But I like Nightwing.

I LOVE Batman BUT I admit the points you all made are valid. Hence, reading Venom was so refreshing because he was actually human in it!

I agree about Hal. He just sort of exists to be the guy who goes after women and be the Green Lantern. I miss Kyle being the Torch Bearer. That was an awesome thing. He was known as the Savior of the Corps, the reason they existed after being killed by Hal and the greatest of them all since he knew fear, beat it and used it to help him be better as opposed to Mr. Fearless.

And on that note why the **** was Hal allowed to be a GL again? If a cop breaks and shoots a bunch of people then gets tested and shows he was drugged and manipulated by people, he doesn't just go back to work. Hal killed thousands of of GLs, directly or indirectly, the Guardians, ended the peace of thousands of sectors since the GLs were gone and tried to remake the universe. If people try that crap, they're supervillains. He was considered one for a while, sort of died and when he came back, bang zoom, back to being a GL.

yeah makes no sense, but I too like Kyle. Almost everyone is more interesting than Hal. I hope he won't be used for the DCCU.

Cyborg is one character that I just can't get in to. He's just shoehorned into the league as their crisis prevention analyst. I should add that my opinion is solely based on his role in the new 52 JL stories. He might be an interesting character, but so far I haven't read anything to sway my opinion.

Azreal
Damien Wayne
All Lanterns
Superman
What they've done to most of the Batfamily since Batman Inc

Batman, largely due to the fact that Miller turned him into a d$%k bag in DKR, a version that persists even today.

Gorilla Grodd. I really don't get why people love the character so much.

Wonder Woman. The only time I remember liking her was her cameo in Secret Six (2008-11) where she snaps Grendal's neck.

I... What?

Any way... Qinn for sure. Not big on Lobo in big doses either.

Off the top of my head...

John Stewart is one of the most boring characters of all time. No, JLU didn't make him any better. All it did was give his boring ass a girlfriend.

Peter Parker is a moron. Yes, he's a genius. But he's unnecessarily messed up his own life over and over to the point that I don't feel sorry for him anymore. I loathe him for being so devoid of any common sense.

Doctor Doom. Everyone talks about how he's one of the greatest comic book villains ever. He isn't. He's a campy, antiquated character who plays out more as a characture from the 1960s than anything even resembling a serious or believable threat.

Kyle Rayner: He's Peter Parker-lite. I like him well enough in the Johns run of GL and Morrison/Waid's JLA stuff, but the fact that they had to assassinate Hal's character in order to bring him into existence is pretty awful. His comics were full of revisionist BS history about Hal not knowing fear, Hal not learning from his mistakes, Hal was lousy at making constructs, etc. Pretty much indicates that he wasn't that great of a character to begin with if they needed to tear down Hal's character to make him seem interesting in comparison.

The entire Bat-Family of sidekicks aside from Dick and Barbara. I see a lot of people say that Batman's supporting cast members are more interesting than him, but I fail to see how. These little parasites and their teen angst are so BORING. They don't add anything to Bruce's character that Dick and Babs don't already bring to the table, and serve only to smother him. Damian is ok in small doses, leagues better than Jason "I hate you dad!" Todd and Tim "the dullest person on the planet" Drake, but even he is vastly overrated.

On a related note, Barbara as Oracle has been in some great stories, but she will always be Batgirl to me.

All of Brian Azzarello's original characters for Wonder Woman. Zola, the First Born, Lennox, etc. Zola and her baby are just mcguffins, Lennox and the other siblings breeze in and their deaths are treated as serious drama when we barely know them, and the First Born has zero charisma and just shouts his daddy issues to the heavens and bathes in the blood of his enemies. Cassandra was evil for no apparent reason, and we still don't know what her goals were by the end of the run. As a fan of WW's classic cast and villains, these boring ciphers are a slap in the face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"