The Dark Knight Portman as Catwoman

A slightly younger Ashley Judd would have been perfect for Selina.

Ironically Ashley Judd was slotted to play Catwoman in the movie Catwoman - however she was unable to do it last minute, bringing on Halle Barry.

Natalie Portman is a wonderful, beautiful young actress. She could knock the role out of the park.

Brian2887 said:
Natalie Portman is a wonderful, beautiful young actress. She could knock the role out of the park.

Definitely! She can be sexy but very warm, she is good at playing strong women, and I think that because she is known somewhat as a good girl that could help her in playing up the dualistic nature of Catwoman/Selina's relationship with Bats/Bruce. It could be easier for her to make a contrast between Selina's good heart and her many times edgy actions.

Artos said:
New piece from me:

port_cat.jpg

Wow, this is exactly what I want to see in the sequel! Looks fantastic! :up:

I dunno......she just seems too young to me. I mean, maybe 5 years from now....she could be the choice. That, and movie magic to be done.....but I do think there's better choices for Catwoman.

Lane, mabe......:rolleyes:

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I dunno......she just seems too young to me. I mean, maybe 5 years from now....she could be the choice. That, and movie magic to be done.....but I do think there's better choices for Catwoman.

Selina is 4-5 years younger than Bruce, whom was 25/26 in Year One. Portman is 24, meaning shes actually older than the character when she was first introduced in the current continuity. According to the script at the end of Begins Bruce is most likely 29, and if this takes place say a year later(this has been rumored for the timeline), then Bruce will be 30.

If Catwoman is 4-5 years younger than Bruce/Bats whos 30, then how is it a stretch for the 24-year-old Portman who may be 25 by the time filming would start(not sure) to play a character who is maybe a year or two older than her, considering her wonderful acting ability and the great direction of Nolan?

You know just to say something

But is anyone else a little tired of this "Portman bandwagon"

No offense but it's getting tiresome

zer00 said:

To be fair, my obsession with Portman goes back a couple of years- its not a bandwagoning thing with me.

zer00 said:

She's a great actress, but I just don't envision her playing Selina.

zer00 said:

I don't think I'd call it a bandwagon. Well, maybe for some people. For the most part, though, I think people are just recognizing her as a very talented, very beautiful actress.

I've never foundher attractive personally.

But it's a defentily a bandwagon for quite a few

zer00 said:
I've never foundher attractive personally.

But it's a defentily a bandwagon for quite a few

Natalie Portman is stunningly beautiful.

Batman said:
She's a great actress, but I just don't envision her playing Selina.

Why not?

She can handle all of Selina's traits perfectly. Personal strength, class, a darker side(I think the transformation her character undergoes in V For Vendetta is a good case study of her abilities), sensual, playful- all of it.

She even looks the part in my opinion(she reminds of the Jim Lee Catwoman), and she is actually around the right age for the part(seem my explanation above).

Portman, Dammit!

And stunningly? I can respent opinion so far...but maybe you need to get out more

Well the picture of Portman in this thread is not what made me a fan of her, even though it is an excellent manip. These are the ones that changed my views...

Before I saw these pictures, I couldn't have cared less who played Selina, but after I saw them I think that Portman would very closley resemble the comic book Selina.

zer00 said:
And stunningly? I can respent opinion so far...but maybe you need to get out more

np1index.jpg

portman.jpg

portman-bella.jpg

Believe me, I get out enough.

She's better than Vanessa Lane, I'll tell you that much.

Maxwell Smart said:
Why not?

She can handle all of Selina's traits perfectly. Personal strength, class, a darker side(I think the transformation her character undergoes in V For Vendetta is a good case study of her abilities), sensual, playful- all of it.

She even looks the part in my opinion(she reminds of the Jim Lee Catwoman), and she is actually around the right age for the part(seem my explanation above).

Portman, Dammit!

I believe she would deliver well if ever cast, like I said before I think she's a great actress. I'm just saying she isn't someone I personally see as Selina, even if she is all those traits you listed. But I'll agree with you on her resemblence to the way Lee draws her.

That could pass for beautiful

But stunningly?

Yeah...and my balls fire electromagnetic pulses

ANTHONYNASTI said:
np1index.jpg

portman.jpg

portman-bella.jpg

Believe me, I get out enough.

She's better than Vanessa Lane, I'll tell you that much.

......I have officially eaten my words. Thanks for the pictures, Anthony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"